ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That sounds cracking, I would think that variety is probably the order of the day. A change is as good as a break and all that. I am intrigued by that vertical mouse that launched this year, not used it so can't judge. Agree on keyboard as well, I try to avoid mouse as much as possible, will invest in a trackball next time I think, just for that variety really

edit: Gurt's advice sounds cracking, not panty's fucked hand, hope the alternatives help
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    @liv I used to get intense pain in my wrist after long days using my mouse at work so bought myself one of these

It keeps your hand and wrist in a more natural position and worked a treat. Haven't had any symptoms since I switched. I'm sure there's other models depending on what you need it for but worth investigating.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Some people use a padded wrist rest that prevent pain from having the wrist bent back for long periods of time. Hasn't ever been a problem I've experienced but I'm told by those who use it that it's a great help.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Thanks again guys.
    I did look at that one Cosby, I'm a bit worried about the precision but I guess at £14 it is probably worth a roll of the dice.
    Perhaps switching between that and my current mouse throughout the day may help.

I do have a Wacom (well a Huion but it is good enough) I just always struggled with them, should probably sort myself out and put the time in.
  • Chaps.

The newish God of War or the newish Ass Creed?

I want a fun story filled adventure, no real grind. Previous iterations of both have suffered from issues. GoW too smashy smashy smashy smashy and Ass Creed a bit dull.

Go.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hmm, I think I'd go God of War, but looking back I probably spent more hours playing various Assassins Creeds. Might just be because as you say, Gow smashy crashy through to the end, AC more plod
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • GoW gets my vote, although it's not worth much as I only played ACII.  God of War has a bit of puzzly puzzly to go with the smashy smashy.  It's rarely dull, plus it's definitely a story filled adventure.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’d go GoW just to see what all the fuss was about, personally speaking.
  • God of war pisses all over all ass crease games,
    And I quite like the newest one.

• Guys what size empty bottle do I need for the 3 hour epic endgame at cinema?
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I get carpal tunnel in my forearm from extended mouse use and I've tried multiple things to calm it.  Vertical mouse didn't work very well for me, the weird hand position made micro movements, like when you are doing cut outs in Photoshop, much harder to control.  A wacom tablet and pen was a bit better than a standard but still hurt.  In the end I've settled on a combination of a epicondylitis forearm strap (that helps keep the tendons near the elbow straighter) and a larger Microsoft ergonomic mouse that fills my hand more. The strap will not be much use for you I guess because your problem seems to be the repetitive clicking, I don't get pain in my fingers. So, as gurt says, try to reduce the amount of clicks with macros or shortcuts somehow?

A very important thing that is often missed is just having the desk at the right height, probably down to 0.5cm sort of scale, it can take a lot of tweaking which is a pain. Sometimes arm rests on the chair can help a lot, otherwise you may want to sit deeper into the desk and rest your arms on it. Not sure about wrist rests tbh, I kinda think it's better overall to adjust the desk height and position first. I wouldn't use a wrist rest for a mouse but I do use some nice wooden ones for my keyboards.

Speaking of which, I've mentioned this before but I've found that using a small form factor keyboard to be a huge improvement ergonomically. I use a 66 key and a 75%, both of which allow you to have the mouse (or mice either side in my case) much closer to the the keyboard, keeping your wrists at a good angle and meaning the main alphanumeric block is straight ahead which is much better for comfortable typing.

But all this stuff is a bit futile ultimately, really I we need to be getting away from sitting at a desk all day, it should be possible by now to get most of our computing done while standing up and moving around. That's why I'm planning on making some efforts to set up voice controls, and maybe some motion gesture control stuff, might get a Wiimote working as a pointer. If I could edit audio while standing up and moving around that would be epic.
  • Piss in the toilet, you.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • God of Piss. I'd play that.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Guys what size empty bottle do I need for the 3 hour epic endgame at cinema?

Do you prefer girth or length?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    David Niven used an empty champagne magnum when he was an officer in the army at a regimental dinner - no one was allowed to the leave the table until the commanding officer passed out or something..I suspect that took more than 3 hrs and Niven had consumed a fair amount of fluid too.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I get carpal tunnel in my forearm from extended mouse use and I've tried multiple things to calm it.  Vertical mouse didn't work very well for me, the weird hand position made micro movements, like when you are doing cut outs in Photoshop, much harder to control.  A wacom tablet and pen was a bit better than a standard but still hurt.  In the end I've settled on a combination of a epicondylitis forearm strap (that helps keep the tendons near the elbow straighter) and a larger Microsoft ergonomic mouse that fills my hand more. The strap will not be much use for you I guess because your problem seems to be the repetitive clicking, I don't get pain in my fingers. So, as gurt says, try to reduce the amount of clicks with macros or shortcuts somehow?
    A very important thing that is often missed is just having the desk at the right height, probably down to 0.5cm sort of scale, it can take a lot of tweaking which is a pain. Sometimes arm rests on the chair can help a lot, otherwise you may want to sit deeper into the desk and rest your arms on it. Not sure about wrist rests tbh, I kinda think it's better overall to adjust the desk height and position first. I wouldn't use a wrist rest for a mouse but I do use some nice wooden ones for my keyboards. Speaking of which, I've mentioned this before but I've found that using a small form factor keyboard to be a huge improvement ergonomically. I use a 66 key and a 75%, both of which allow you to have the mouse (or mice either side in my case) much closer to the the keyboard, keeping your wrists at a good angle and meaning the main alphanumeric block is straight ahead which is much better for comfortable typing. But all this stuff is a bit futile ultimately, really I we need to be getting away from sitting at a desk all day, it should be possible by now to get most of our computing done while standing up and moving around. That's why I'm planning on making some efforts to set up voice controls, and maybe some motion gesture control stuff, might get a Wiimote working as a pointer. If I could edit audio while standing up and moving around that would be epic.
    I read something recently that the perceived wisdom of the perfectly set up desk might actually be wrong. 
    The reason being we aren't meant to be sitting (standing, doing anything, whatever) in any one position for long periods of time. 
    I don't have problems with my back and I do constantly alter my seating position when working. Sometimes sitting with one leg under my thigh, then slouching completely on my lower back, then sitting up perfectly straight. 
    As such is pretty much impossible to precisely alter my desk, so I guess I'm sacrificing one set of ailments to avoid another. 

One thing I would suggest is get a big fucking mouse. 
    The trend of smaller and smaller mice is IMO exasperating the issue.
    I got this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-L6V-00003-Sculpt-Ergonomic-Mouse/dp/B00ECCLSJE/ref=sr_1_3?crid=HZ5RID2QCOYP&keywords=microsoft+ergonomic+mouse&qid=1556287467&s=gateway&sprefix=Microsoft+ergo,aps,402&sr=8-3

And it fills my hand more comfortably than the mice that have no height to them. My hand is in a state much closer to is naturally relaxed one when using this mouse. 
    For me, the click is then less of a strain on the fingers. 
    Everyone goes WTF when they first pick it up tho.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Has anyone here ever played Yonder: The Cloudcatcher Chronicles?
  • No but I hear very good things.
  • No but so many times I’ve been close to buying.  Just seems a touch too open ended to me.

Plus, pffttt a videogame without killing stuff?  What’s the point?
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • cockbeard wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Guys what size empty bottle do I need for the 3 hour epic endgame at cinema?

Do you prefer girth or length?

Pepsi need to bring back the slam, nah'm saying!? Ayyy lmao.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I get carpal tunnel in my forearm from extended mouse use and I've tried multiple things to calm it.  Vertical mouse didn't work very well for me, the weird hand position made micro movements, like when you are doing cut outs in Photoshop, much harder to control.  A wacom tablet and pen was a bit better than a standard but still hurt.  In the end I've settled on a combination of a epicondylitis forearm strap (that helps keep the tendons near the elbow straighter) and a larger Microsoft ergonomic mouse that fills my hand more. The strap will not be much use for you I guess because your problem seems to be the repetitive clicking, I don't get pain in my fingers. So, as gurt says, try to reduce the amount of clicks with macros or shortcuts somehow?

A very important thing that is often missed is just having the desk at the right height, probably down to 0.5cm sort of scale, it can take a lot of tweaking which is a pain. Sometimes arm rests on the chair can help a lot, otherwise you may want to sit deeper into the desk and rest your arms on it. Not sure about wrist rests tbh, I kinda think it's better overall to adjust the desk height and position first. I wouldn't use a wrist rest for a mouse but I do use some nice wooden ones for my keyboards.

Speaking of which, I've mentioned this before but I've found that using a small form factor keyboard to be a huge improvement ergonomically. I use a 66 key and a 75%, both of which allow you to have the mouse (or mice either side in my case) much closer to the the keyboard, keeping your wrists at a good angle and meaning the main alphanumeric block is straight ahead which is much better for comfortable typing.

But all this stuff is a bit futile ultimately, really I we need to be getting away from sitting at a desk all day, it should be possible by now to get most of our computing done while standing up and moving around. That's why I'm planning on making some efforts to set up voice controls, and maybe some motion gesture control stuff, might get a Wiimote working as a pointer. If I could edit audio while standing up and moving around that would be epic.

A department at work got one of those standing desks with a treadmill. I couldn't get this out of my head...

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • GOW is good. Hard combat though.
  • I thought so after a couple of hours, suddenly started dying a lot and wondered if I should've been levelling up more. After that section the enemies got easier for no discernable reason.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What's withbthe tigro name change?
  • For some reason he needed to lose his old name from the internet, so he requested a change. I presume he's just murdered someone, or he's on the run from the mob.
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!