Ask the Bear & Badger
  • Don't write it down!
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I'm sure he mentioned in the past his pupils found him online.
  • Fuck being a teacher.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I like the fact that they exist tho
  • Well yes.
  • g.man wrote:
    For some reason he needed to lose his old name from the internet, so he requested a change. I presume he's just murdered someone, or he's on the run from the mob.

He would've got away with it too, if it weren't for those pesky kids.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Anyone use a Surface Pro? I was eyeing up an i5 one with 8gb of ram. Would it be able to run stuff like Stellaris or Civ 6?
  • Was considering posting this in the android thread, but didn't want lynched.

New phone time soon, trying to decide what to get. Had android ever since android was a thing, started with an htc sensation, then htc one m7 (really liked that phone), lg g flex 2 which died on me so i got a wee shitey Vodafone own brand model to tide me over till my current Samsung s8+.

Current contenders are:

Samsung s10e (the wee one)

Huawei mate 20 pro, and

(Looks nervously for Android fanboys/girls)

Iphone xr.

I've always said i prefer Android over apple. Don't get me wrong, i think the apple devices are nice, beautifully made etc. In my head I've always likened it to bmw vs mercedes. Mercs are great, but I'd generally pick the equivalent beemer any day. Dunno but. Fancy a change.

Anyone went from Android to apple? Good/bad decision?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    *grabs pitchfork*
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I've been android for years, got an apple phone from a workplace last year, it's a decent bit of kit, small, pretty quick, but a lot of stuff I liked front and centre were hidden behind menus. I'm a bit of a power user though, I can see why they're popular but to me seemed like a Tomy MyFirstSmartPhone, that said, build quality, speed, and size were fantastic. ALso I've been invested in the google universe for over a decade now, o having my contacts, music, books, etc in one place is what I'm used to
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • See, I'm kinda the same. Used to android apps, Google etc. Even use and Android smartwatch (got it free with the lg phone i had). Are apple still shite for Bluetooth connectivity etc? And will i have to get those stupid 'theres something about mary' earbuds everyone has these days? It's the fact that apple are so proprietary that's put me off in the past.

Open to any other suggestions. The ones I've listed above tick my boxes for decent specs and budget. I'm currently £55 a month for my phone, and that's with a discount my ex got from Vodafone as she works for the local authority. Obviously, we're cutting as many financial ties as possible, so I'm getting my own one now. Her discount was the only reason i always had a flagship smartphone, but i really don't need the biggest and best one on the market, or I'd just get an s10+.
  • I'm loving my Pixel 3, only downside is battery life.
  • What do you need from a phone?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Fits into pocket, decent speakers for podcasts while working, enough speed to play games, decent battery life, headphone socket and sd card for choice in expansion options and my own headphones

edit: that's my wishlist anyway, kinda pissed that sony have stopped doing compact phones
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • What do you need from a phone?

Dunno tbh. Used to always want the biggest, bestest, fastest one on the market. But these days, they all do pretty much the same thing. A decent screen, decent sound quality, relatively quick. The s8 plus is too big to jockey around, even in my hands, although that's probably more of a pain because I'm left handed. Camera wise, again, they're all stupid amounts of megapixels these days, so there's no 1 phone that stands out for me. It's mainly gonna come down to the best available for my budget, ideally I'd like to stay under 40 quid with no upfront costs. I'd also like a good data allowance. Currently on 10gb a month, and I've exceeded it a couple of times, but that's because i spend too much time at work dicking around on the internet.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Sony XZ3 has the nicest screen I've ever seen. General all round great phone, great sound. Managed to scratch the screen though, as sprog has decided that it should be thrown under the sofa whenever possible.
  • I really like my Moto G5 plus - getting on for a few years - and I'd probably go for a Motorola again. For the price I got a lot of RAM and internal memory, it runs really well and it doesn't have a messy proprietary build of Android.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Just off the phone with Vodafone - they've offered me the mate 20 pro, 25gb data and Spotify premium for 39 quid a month, wiyh 9 quid upfront. Essentially doing it as an upgrade, then transferring the account into my name. Gonna go look at the physical phone to make sure I like it, but think I'll go with that.
  • That seems decent.
  • Huawei's are class, if you don't mind being a secret agent for the Chinese government.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just don’t tell Gavin Williamson.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sounds like a good deal to me, last few years companies have been super tight with data allowances
  • I need a new wallet... the current one is too small (ho ho ho).

Thing is, nowadays, should it just be money clip and card holder?

Anyway, ideas welcomed.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm carrying a battery pack everywhere with me nowadays, so want a wallet with a decent sized battery incorporated
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I got an RFID wallet with an unshielded pocket for my Oyster card. It’s great except for the fact that 5ps do have a habit of falling out of the change bit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have a Bellroy wallet. They're pricey but you can get a ton of cards into them and they stay fairly slim.
  • I've got a black one.
  • Sorry, wallet of colour.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Social Justice Wallet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!