regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I hate what I'm about to ask but I'm gonna do it.

Me and flora are prepping for Japan and such. It's been a fucking shitter of a year so is there anyway I can stealth her up to business class? I'm quite happy being in economy, but she deserves a pampering.

Any help on this? We are flying Emirates.
  • The most consistent suggestions I’ve read are; a) dress like you wouldn’t look out of place in business class, and b) ask.
  • I can't figure out what is happening here.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Could be wrong but I think the only way to do it beforehand is to pay.

I know it isn't a surprise then and not guaranteed but always ask at the desk, the worst that can happen is they say no. I was bumped up on BA on the way back from India after turning down an offer of an upgrade for a few hundred quid and asking if I could get it for free instead. I've never done this but you can always try asking the flight crew on the plane, all depends how full the flight is.

Emirates business class is really fucking good. The lounges at the airports and the service during the flight are the best I've had, they even chauffuer you to and from the airport at either end.  It's completely ruined most other flying for me.
  • I think I understand. Reg – do you mean you want to upgrade without it showing on Flora’s ticket etc, so it remains a surprise?

If so, I’d contact the airline’s customer service by email and just explain. You want to upgrade, but you want it to be a special surprise for your partner. See what they can do to help.

Or have I got it wrong and you’re just asking whether you can blag her in for free?
  • I don't fly Bsuiness class a lot btw, I just went on a couple work trips to India.

Felt a bit out of place as I changed into my jammies mid flight.
  • I thought Hollis was after cash.
  • It's a long flight, wouldn't you be happier sitting together? My advice would be to save the big money I assume you'd need to upgrade one ticket and pamper her on a budget at the other end.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I think I understand. Reg – do you mean you want to upgrade without it showing on Flora’s ticket etc, so it remains a surprise?

If so, I’d contact the airline’s customer service by email and just explain. You want to upgrade, but you want it to be a special surprise for your partner. See what they can do to help.

Or have I got it wrong and you’re just asking whether you can blag her in for free?

This is what I'm after.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If flora can go to the desk and she's suddenly business class
  • how is business flight formed
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    2 biscuits instead of one
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It might not hurt to ring the airline on the day of/day before the flight and explain the situation. The one time I was upgraded, I think (but have no way of knowing for sure) it was because the travel agent told the airline that I was flying back for my nan’s funeral.

They may well be sympathetic if you tell them what’s going on.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't have masses of money but would pay a couple hundred for her. But I suspect that's not quite the business class jam.
  • You could try checking in first but then again you don't want to be in the airport for 6 hours.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thanks yoss, good advice. It seems the thing is just to do it mad see what happens. I guess the worst is they can say no.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm an early check in guy because I'm a shit
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I don't have masses of money but would pay a couple hundred for her. But I suspect that's not quite the business class jam.

I think Moot is right. Spend that 200 on extra stuff for her or a nice meal for you both.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You're probably right. I have been thinking about a secret hire of the Disneysea Tokyo hotel with character breakfast. I'm aware that's many people's idea of hell, but that would be flora kryptonite.
  • I'm guessing the difference between economy and business class for a flight to Japan is a bit more than £200.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It’s pretty simple really.

Stand to wipe: deviant.

Undo belt: deviant.

Both: ultra deviant.

Glad I could help.

Untie rope, piss, re-knot rope.
  • We flew business to NY year or two back. For me, wife and 2 kids it added less than 250 per person BUT I don’t think the flights were particularly busy so they were probably after anything extra they could gouge. Please don’t think this makes me a terrible, crass, snooty person - there is similar background (tho not the same admittedly) as Reg.
  • Have others recieved polling cards for the MEP elections?
    I havent and I havent seen any for anyone else in my flats (we have one letter box for all of us).
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    ours arrived middle of last week.

N.Ireland though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • If I was registered for the local elections I will be registered for these right?

It is conceivable polling cards got caught up in the obscene amount of Farmfoods junk mail we get.
  • I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "you can't", but I'm being asked to do this anyway.

Can you save an email in Outlook. Not Outlook the program or Office 365, Outlook as in used to be Hotmail access via outlook.live.com.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Don’t you just not delete it?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    If I was registered for the local elections I will be registered for these right? It is conceivable polling cards got caught up in the obscene amount of Farmfoods junk mail we get.

Should be.

You don't need a card to vote anyhow - just photo ID. As long as you are registered of course. At least that's the way it is here. The card just makes it easier for the clerks to send you to the right box.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Save it in what way?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!