Assassin's Creed
  • Also ubisoft are really taking the piss now, it's one thing to release a game across this and last gen but fucking disgusting to release 2 separate games in a series on different generations at once, do they not know most people are already fatigued to hell with this series?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • the kotaku review doesn't inspire confidence

It complains about the controls

I mean how could they make those worse??
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • OP appears to be borked.
    That'll be me having deleted the image from somewhere forgetting that it was linked to here. I can't be arsed just right now, but I'll rejig it to better represent the series as a whole, less focussed on III.
  • Ass Creed seems like the answer to the question

What does someone kind of into games buy when they have played Fifa and CoD?

A fair few of my mates that aren't serious gamers buy into the series. There must be something about it's challenge level, strong graphics and familiarity that appeals to that audience.

Personally I haven't bothered since the first 5 hours of Brotherhood.
  • http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-assassins-creed-unity-performance-analysis

Could be the first clear XB1 performance win (afaik) on the cards. Neither version runs smoothly, so PC is doubtless the best choice for this Uber-Unity of mediocrity.
  • Yeah, great.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Well fuck me for posting something that might actually help people who own both consoles decide which version to get. I'll not bother again.
  • Those who have spent £800 on consoles this year are beyond help.
  • Ass Creed seems like the answer to the question

What does someone kind of into games buy when they have played Fifa and CoD?
    All of Ubis open world stuff seem to be aimed at answering dickhead comments on ign type forums or that dipshit Eurogamer CoD review.

It must have a 10+ hour campaign, 100+ hours of samey sidequests, multiplayer, an area 3x larger than a place you've heard of, dynamic stuff, procedural things, over x hours of mocap/voice acting or it's just not worth £40.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Ubisoft with swords 7. Ubisoft with tigers 4 is out soon. when is Ubisoft with smartphone 2 out?
  • Ubi Smartphone 1 isn't even out on WiiU yet so we're in for a wait.
  • Can not believe they are still bothering with Watch Dogs U.

At least they make Rayman, amazing games.
  • Go on some WiiU forums and Ubi are worse than Hitler. Delaying a game so it has some chance of making its money back is seen as much worse than just ignoring the system altogether.
  • I just can't see who is going to buy it.
  • Hardly anyone I'd say but that's because it's shit. I don't think Ubi actually planned on it being shit. I think the closest competition on WiiU is Lego City Undercover.
  • Assassins creed has never been good. The combat is slow, clunky and boring. The AI is dumb as rocks 99% of the time, yet also capable of seeing you bump into a woman through four concrete walls and send guards after you until you are dead. Framerate is always sub-30fps, it feels poorly optimised and frankly the whole concept is stupid.

Tenchu on PS1 is miles better.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • But it's still mostly been fun.

This sounds a bit dull
  • I dunno about fun. Last one I played was 3. First four hours were spent slow walking on boats and through caverns and maybe an opera theatre. I got it on psn+ for free and still feel ripped off as I could have spent that time scrubbing mould out of bathroom tiles with my fingernails instead.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • It's a solid concept. Just read the hype for the original AC then some reviews for Shadow of Mordor. Quiet in, noisy out, do side mission A for less guards around target B, it's all there, just done be someone other than Ubi.
  • I think the advantage Shadow of Mordor has (disclaimer: haven't played it) is that it didn't seem to have unrealistic expectations. In some way that is also something that was an advantage for Arkham Asylum back when it released. 

Ubisoft are just unable in most cases to match quality of product with volume of hype.
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    Well fuck me for posting something that might actually help people who own both consoles decide which version to get. I'll not bother again.

I've got both, so it is helpful advice for me at least to know which platform has the best version of games!

Having said that, I stopped playing the first Assassins's creed on Xbox 360 after 1 hour, so I don't have the most positive view of the series.
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • Thousands of chests and side missions? Bugger that. I really can't be bothered. The series peaked in AC2. They should maybe have left it there and had AC4 as a separate pirate game!
  • I didn't regret playing AC2 but I'm in no hurry to play another. I played FC3 a year later so maybe I'll play WD2 or 3.
  • +1 on the separate pirate game. Give it a jump button and make it all a bit over the top.
  • indigo wrote:
    Well fuck me for posting something that might actually help people who own both consoles decide which version to get. I'll not bother again.

Lols.
    It was more "Yeah, great" a game that actually performs better on One is from a series I now wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Hi guys,

Videogamer have stated that despite some of the issues with framerate dont actually affect the game proper. I've played about 30 minutes on PC (because my PS4 copy arrives today and I didnt want to spoil too much) and was able to play it at a smooth 30-40FPS and was enjoying myself.

From a few of the videos I've seen the art is stunning. I can't quite think of a game based in the 'real' world with better art. Paris looks incredible.

I'm concerned by a lot of the backlash. This game isn't revolutionary (nor was it touted to be) but the vitriol from so many different quarters feels really weird.
  • FC4 amd The Crew this can get to fuck for me
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    http://www.ign.com/blogs/jdavisign/2014/11/11/8-real-things-i-experienced-in-assassins-creed-unity/

Oh my.
    I tried to open a treasure chest, but was told I needed the Assassin’s Creed companion app to open it, with no additional information or context.

I tried to open another treasure chest, and was told I needed to sign up for Assassin’s Creed Initiates to open it.

When I paused the game, the second option in the pause menu is an eStore that lets you spend real money on time-saving boosts, bonus in-game currency, and so-on.

This is a $60 video game set in revolutionary Paris that continually spams you to sign up for Ubisoft services via locked-away in-game content.
    Oh my oh my.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    1415715578-ulol2cskj.gif

huYDJC2.jpg

1TK9Al8.gif

So, so good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!