Emulation
  • Lawro sorted my psp out back in the day. Still have it, probably with just Lumines and Outrun on the memstick but the battery/charger is goosed to high heaven. Sad times.
  • Played Out Run 2 on my PSP yesterday. Still one of my favourite racers ever, absolutely love it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I was just talking about that today, first game I worked on. I may even be in the manual. Good times.
  • Firm handshakes. Legendary game.
  • Played Out Run 2 on my PSP yesterday. Still one of my favourite racers ever, absolutely love it.

Picked up my PSP this evening and Outrun is in the collection! Can't wait to play it!

Only one small problem. The lad selling it couldn't find the charger...

:(
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    It has a round charger port so whilst official chargers were like hen's teeth yo could use any old one from shop. I always used to have a couple with switchable voltage, worked fine
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • nick_md wrote:
    I was just talking about that today, first game I worked on. I may even be in the manual. Good times.

That's cool. What did you do on it?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • nick_md wrote:
    I was just talking about that today, first game I worked on. I may even be in the manual. Good times.
    Outrun 2 was awesome.
    Well done Nick. You still with Sumo?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • This evening I will be mostly attempting to load a shitload PSP Roms onto my Galaxy S7. 

Is PPSSPP still the go-to Android emulator of choice?

Thanks

x
  • For me it is!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Thinking of trading my superb cracked PSP for a Vita as my S7 is good enough for retro stuff. Is it worth the effort cracking those or is there enough on the store that’s worth going legit for?
  • Did DC have widescreen? I'm sure I played F355 in widescreen.

Edit: Wrong thread
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Am I right in thinking that if I get A NES Mini it's easy to get the emulator from the SNES Mini on it?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yep
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Nice, that'll save twenty quid. Thanks.
  • £20?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • At the prices things are currently, that's the difference between the NES and the SNES. Though I'll be waiting until after Christmas, just in case my dad took the hint I was after one, though.
  • Ah, I see.

Remember that you'll need SNES pads if you want to play SNES games though.

Also NES minis only come with one pad, SNES minis come with two.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Picked up two Bluetooth adaptors for them recently because they were really cheap and I've already got two Bluetooth SNES pads for my TV, so I'm all set. May end up using PS4 pads though, apparently they're compatible.
  • Cool.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    We have our Nes mini filled with nes, snes, gba and probably more. Two 8 bit do Snes controllers and it works great. Looks a bit weird, but not as weird as the US Snes mini would have.
  • I’m thinking of picking up a NVidia Shield TV for emulation. Does anyone have this and if so how do you find it? I’m just concerned that it would have the same input lag as the PI, and that would really put me off it.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • I’ve got one. It’s cool. Haven’t spent much time emulating other than a quick go with SNES stuff just to try it out. If you want me to try something specific let me know and I’ll give it a shot and post back.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    I’m thinking of picking up a NVidia Shield TV for emulation. Does anyone have this and if so how do you find it? I’m just concerned that it would have the same input lag as the PI, and that would really put me off it.

This is my concern too. What machines are you looking to emulate?
  • I prefer MAME stuff, and I've tried PI 2 and 3 with various images and there seems to be noticeable lag, not huge but enough to put me off it. I even bought a Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai stick but it has been barely used. I like stuff like Scamble, Smash TV, Galaga, 1943 etc and that slight lag is such a pain in the arse. It may have been to do with the overheads on the CPU if I had scanlines on, but I can't quite rememeber.

I am aware that the Shield is a lot more powerful than the PI 3, but it is currently on sale in Curry for £159 with the controller, and that is still a fair outlay if it is not going to do the job.
  • In was going to suggest a PSP Go, plugged into the tv and coupled with a Dualshock 3.

Unfortunately in my experience MAME is the worst performing emulator the PSP has.

x
  • Will have a blast with MAME this weekend. Love a bit of Galaga.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Will have a blast with MAME this weekend. Love a bit of Galaga.

Have you tried it on that big screen version that is kicking around? There is a joint Galaga/Pacman one at our local bowling alley. The last time I had a go, I got my highest score ever.
  • So I've just dabbled in some very, very basic ROM hacking with pre-hacked patches.

Got a Famicom ROM of Contra, which includes superior graphical features and includes 'cut scenes' over the NES version.

I then downloaded an English translation/hack which comes as an IPS file that you have to write to the ROM using a free programme. Simple enough and worked a treat.

Tried the same with Contra Hard Corps on the MD and it didn't work as I didn't have a ROM in the correct format, so it seems it's not always really simple.

I was wondering if anyone knows where you can get ROMs pre-hacked?

There's not a ton I want but there are a few older games that had superior versions in Japan, and the odd one such as Castlevania II that would benefit from fan made translations/hacks.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!