Emulation
  • Patched BK3/SoR3 ROMs uploaded now.

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Anyone hacked a SNES mini on here?

I did mine a good while ago but have ran into a game that doesn't work on the stock canoe emulator.

I've added retroarch and snes9x which is automatically used when it detects a game canoe can't handle which is cool.

Problem is it only runs the game for about 3 seconds then forces a save state option, if I save then reload it plays for another 3 and forces another.

Anyone know of a fix or somewhere that might?

Cross posted to SNES mini thread.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • What’s the game? Could it be a bad ROM?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It's multiple ROMS.

I've even tried a ROM that works fine on the canoe emulator, same issue if I run it through retroarch/snes9x.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Hello all,

I’m after getting emulation / gaming handheld that:

- Has a good size screen Switch sized would be perfect
     - preferably built in controls.

I’m getting old and shit an my Vita screen now feels too small.

Any recommendations?

x
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Analogue pocket if yo can find one, bloody gorgeous that thing is
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It seems like Pocket has been indefinitely delayed due to COVID, no info for ages.

Would be useful to know what you're looking to spend and what platforms you'd ideally like to emulate Kris. There lots of good emulation portables coming out of China atm that meet your description but they have varying prices and capabilities.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I have the JXD S192 which has been pretty reliable for the past 4 years. D pad is a little sharp but in general it has not let me down and would recommend. Think there was an issue sourcing the Tegra K chips though so think the latest revision is actually less powerful.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • That JXD S192 looks right up my street. Doesn’t  seem to be available anywhere though.

As for platforms... C64, MD, SNES, N64, PSOne, GBA PSP, MAME. Anything else after that is a bonus.

Price? Depends on quality really.  Less than 300 (I can sell the Vita to part fund).

Thanks

x
  • I have just bought an RG350M and it's good apart from the dpad is seriously tenderising my thumb, which makes me think 8 I should have gone for the RG350 as the analogue is placed more prominently. Anyway, this thing emulates up to PS1 and the screen is glorious. I've been having lots of fun.
  • N64 emulation is really bad apparently so I went for an everdrive flash cartridge and the roms are indistinguishable from the proper cartridges.
  • ZMM wrote:
    N64 emulation is really bad apparently so I went for an everdrive flash cartridge and the roms are indistinguishable from the proper cartridges.

Same here, it's flawless.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Can you fix stuff Kris?  I've got a JXD s7800b that was going fine until I dropped it.  It's actually just the power button that's stuck in, so I can't turn it on:

2bedc6cb0aed7c7605d93c9294c456d3.jpg

I'd recommend it for hugeness and versatility but like Eric with the S192 I'm not a massive fan of the dpad.  

If KrisG doesn't want it, would send to a fixer upper for postage if anyone fancies a bash?  It's useless to me now so if someone can get it working they're welcome to it.  It's got emulators on it.
  • Hi Moot.

I do have a friend that fixes up stuff. Have you had a go yourself? If it's just a stuck button it could be quite simple?

x
  • I can't work out how to get the case off.  Which probably means it's just a case of finding a very small screwdriver.  I've got a retro pie and my wife has tried to bin the JXD twice so get your mate to have a look if you like.  I've got quite a nice pouch for it too and the SD card is full of stuff.
  • The button's lost its spring, so it's not really stuck (but doesn't work, even if you give it some welly when you press it - I know the unit still works because it was on for ages after I dropped it and I played the 'keep it charged a bit so it doesn't turn off completely' game for a while').
  • OK mate. I'll pm you! If I can get it working I'll send you a little thank-you.

x
  • why not keep the sd card? Sure you can use it elsewhere?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just tried Project64 on my PC this weekend and it performs impressively. I do have a beefy PC though - not a big graphics card but it has heft - it's really a work station I got refurbed from Dell.

It's weird seeing N64 games this clear though. Pilotwings looks great but Bust A Move 2 looks better on the console - though that's probably the CRT doing it favours.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • ZMM wrote:
    I have just bought an RG350M and it's good apart from the dpad is seriously tenderising my thumb, which makes me think 8 I should have gone for the RG350 as the analogue is placed more prominently. Anyway, this thing emulates up to PS1 and the screen is glorious. I've been having lots of fun.

Looks great, but from a quick Google the screen looks smaller than the Vita?

x
  • Ah, just realised you weren't addressing me :D

x
  • https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoCNIW9TH5Hs7wiMskYCbFBnRgaH

Size of that battery!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoCNIW9TH5Hs7wnykcefuI_Q41Ze

That’s the issue. The motherboard no longer has an actual switch for the power button to click against.  Quite where it went is anyone’s guess, as there was nothing loose floating around inside when I opened it up.

Power supply arrives on Saturday, when I’ll charge it and try to hook it up to a computer.  I’ll be honest though... not looking promising. 

x
  • If you Google “JXD s7800b power button fix” it appears to be a very common issue.

x
  • Ah shit, so probably not fixable then? It'll charge with the power supply but only in standby, I don't think connecting it to a PC kicks it in, I probably tried that. Shame.
  • You know after 9 hours sleep it just occurred to me that the switch could be on the underside of the board...  Will pull it further apart tonight!

x
  • Well the charging cable arrived.  Proves it's fully charged at least!

I'll stop with the updates now unless I have something positive to say :D

x
  • If all else fails solder a micro switch on.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Hello all, I’m after getting emulation / gaming handheld that:  - Has a good size screen Switch sized would be perfect  - preferably built in controls. I’m getting old and shit an my Vita screen now feels too small. Any recommendations? x

So while the JXD is locked down at my friends house and could be there months, I just got a Galaxy S20 FE with a freaking massive screen.

I've installed PPSSPP, but for reasons I'm not sure of, Outrun 2 looks a bit of a blurry mess.  Does anyone have any experience / advice on recommended settings to get the best out of it?

Thanks!
  • Scrub that.  It appears it's only the shitty FMV intro that's a blurry mess.  The game itself looks amazing!

Recommended best Android emulators?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't understand most of this, but a colleague did it and I think it's impressive or at least mildly lol...

Bringing emulation into the 21st century - David Tyler's Blog (davetcode.co.uk)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!