The TV you like thread
  • You really couldn't create a better stereotypical example of a posh idiot.
    Her plan she didnt bother costing was for an invitation only events club for elite women.
  • Bob wrote:
    Shit. Lottie Lion's business idea is shit and she's deffo not going to win. Still she can work on her business plan on my sofa anytime.

She looks like a shaved rat, sprayed with inch thick foundation.

She reminds me of the lead henchwoman in a mid-90s straight to DVD action movie where in her last scene she thinks she has the plucky female sidekick beaten, only for them to pull a switcheroo on her at the last moment and then something explodes, killing her.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I liked it when she claimed she'd found bits of herself she didn't like during the process.

I'm like they all look like good bits to me.
    The Forum Herald™
  • poprock wrote:
    This week’s Watchmen was brilliant. Even the episode title was great.
    Spoiler:

Did you catch the lengthy post-credits scene?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I did. So excited for the next episode.
  • Is there a post-credits scene every episode? It's the first time I've watched through the credits.
  • I read mixed things on Watchmen here, at least early on.  It's fair to say it gets better then?  I had it on a list of things to watch 'at some point' (i.e after I've finally finished Wentworth and City on a Hill), but a mate - who is prone to hyperbole tbh - reckons it's the best thing he's seen on TV for years if not ever.
  • Empire mag just gave it TV Show of the Year.

@Daddy: No, episode eight had the first post-credits scene. You’ve not missed others.
  • They gave IT Chapter 2 five stars though.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I read mixed things on Watchmen here, at least early on.  It's fair to say it gets better then?  I had it on a list of things to watch 'at some point' (i.e after I've finally finished Wentworth and City on a Hill), but a mate - who is prone to hyperbole tbh - reckons it's the best thing he's seen on TV for years if not ever.

Kow still doesn’t seem impressed, but for me it’s gone from something I liked to something I love.
  • Watchmen is odd. I thought the early episodes were bad but intriguing. And as it progressed, each episode reveals more about what you saw earlier. It’s like a puzzle whose pieces slowly lock into place. By the time you reach the halfway point it starts to feel like a good show, then carries on to become a great one. And those later episodes wouldn’t have worked if you hadn’t had the early ones, exactly as they were. It’s unique.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My hbo sub ran out after episode 6 so I probably won't see the rest till next year. I could torrent it but frankly I couldn't be bothered. I've found it to be mostly dull and pointless with fairly uninteresting characters. Its connection to the original is tenuous and the whole arc (so far) with Ozymandias is garbage.
  • feels like a bit of draught of good TV recently. Dublin Murders was the best thing i've watched recently.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Watching Mindhunter, about 4 or 5 episodes in. Am enjoying it at lot, does it stay good? I remember people talking about it here (that's probably why it was on my list).
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, it just gets better. I really need to get on to the second series.
  • poprock wrote:
    Watchmen is odd. I thought the early episodes were bad but intriguing. And as it progressed, each episode reveals more about what you saw earlier. It’s like a puzzle whose pieces slowly lock into place. By the time you reach the halfway point it starts to feel like a good show, then carries on to become a great one. And those later episodes wouldn’t have worked if you hadn’t had the early ones, exactly as they were. It’s unique.
    Just like the comic then.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Binge watching The IT Crowd today to cheer myself up.
    “This is London Jen, it’s not someone with cake. Unless that cake is made of dog poo and knives!”
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Good to know Mindhunter stays good. I'm usually OK with at least finishing one season if things start to look bad, but B always stops watching the minute he thinks it's not good anymore and I hate that.
  • I like it’s economy. It fits a lot in. I like a good 6-10 episode season.

The lead constantly reminds me of Carey Elwes, though, which is mildly distracting.
  • Someone more in the know than me on these things would be able to confirm or correct me here but I thought one of the main creators of Watchmen has completely washed his hands of it all as he was somehow duped or tricked with the rights side of things?  Basically, he won’t now take a penny from it due to how horrible it all got for him and he thinks you - yes, you - should be protesting alongside him.  A real fan would know not to support this corporate white washing or something, maybe, perhaps, something a bit like that.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well that's Alan Moore, but who cares what he thinks anyway.? He was never tricked anyway, he just had the same contract as any other comic writer back in the day.
  • Kow wrote:
    Well that's Alan Moore, but who cares what thinks anyway.? He was never tricked anyway, he just had the same contract as any other comic writer back in the day.
    He's a self-loathing sort who if he's right hasn't done anything meaningful whatsoever in his career. His failure to break out of an infantile medium marks him as an utter schmuck. Scorsese I respect as he is one of the best film makers in the medium's history and I will always listen to him on a subject, but Alan Moore is just a joke of a person.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Nah, he's done some fantastic stuff, revolutionary even, but he has a bit of a cheek to say people shouldn't touch his work when half of what he's done has been with other people's characters.
  • His work is great, but as far as his opinions on what should be done/is being done/the worth of comics, he's at best a colossal hypocrite.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • He’s a grumpy old man, is all.
  • I'm fully supporting him by not paying anything to watch it. Solidarity brother!
  • I fully supporting him by not watching it as well as not paying.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The new Twin Peaks VR thing looks like it could be some fun. 

Going to have to get a VR set first of course... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHRXHvPRrJY

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!