The TV you like thread
  • Bob wrote:
    No idea they didn't say it was the bizarrest thing a notice in white on black came up at the start of the episode and then they never mentioned it again.

All anyone seems to know is “due to unforeseen circumstances”, as per the BBC press release.

Deadline mag seem to have some inside knowledge and are saying it was ‘health related’.
  • the Vid!
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Controversial makeover for The Vicar of Dibley...

LM6rpGB.png
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'd rather poke my eye out with a rusty spoon than make Jamies no doubt lispy puff pastry Christmas Wreath
  • poprock wrote:
    Why did they have to edit someone out? Did they turn out to be a serial killer?
    Perhaps he had Nazi tattoos all over his face an no one noticed until it was too late. 

Happens more than you'd think.
  • Chefs do like a tattoo
  • g.man wrote:
    Controversial makeover for The Vicar of Dibley...

LM6rpGB.png

Who knew Daleks were made by Samsung?
  • Is that a new look?
    Looks exactly like a dalek to me.

Anyway I look forward to not watching Doctor Who like every Christmas. Its quite the tradition.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Who knew the radio Times was still a thing.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Is that a new look?
    Looks exactly like a dalek to me.

Anyway I look forward to not watching Doctor Who like every Christmas. Its quite the tradition.
    One of our family traditions too

"Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Bosch s5 was really good.

Amazon being dicks, yarring s6 because they region lock their own shows. Ffs.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Who knew the radio Times was still a thing.

We buy the Christmas edition every year - but more out of tradition I guess?  I find it weirdly handy when we have it and tend to use it to plan my viewing far more than I do with the tv epg.  Still only stick to that one edition per year though.
  • There is a show starting on Friday on BBC called The Sound of TV.

It explores TV show and advert music, talks to their composers etc. Seems like an interesting show.
    It doesn't seem like it is limited to jingles and Eastenders although they are covered, it also has the Blue Planet orchestra.
  • Hey Pop, was just watching an interview with Jude Law and he was saying the original plan for The 3rd Day was to do the festival ritual for reals and have about 10k people be able to buy tickets and attend a massive immersive theatre experience. That would have been quite something.
  • Secret Knowledge: Walter Scott's Castle.
    BBC4/iPlayer

Wonderfully bizarre tour of Scott's home. Its the type of thing I want an American to watch while I watch their reactions.
    Presented by Scotland's answer to Jacob Reese Mogg (just not a cunt), it amazes me these people exist.
  • Hey Pop, was just watching an interview with Jude Law and he was saying the original plan for The 3rd Day was to do the festival ritual for reals and have about 10k people be able to buy tickets and attend a massive immersive theatre experience. That would have been quite something.

Yeah, I heard that mentioned too. I guess that’s the thing about Punchdrunk theatre company, they never do things by halves. I wonder how different the 12-hour broadcast might have been. As it is, it was quite peaceful- if uneasy and creepy. Would bystanders have tried to intervene with the rituals? Even ‘rescue’ Jude Law’s character?
  • Rewatched all of People Just Do Nothing at the weekend, then started it over again from the start after! Bloody love that show, I think it's probably my favourite UK comedy since Partridge came out, all the characters are brilliant, Beats and Steves man :chefskiss:

The film was delayed from August due to covid, apparently out in the new year, hype.
  • Was the first time I ever clapped ears on Charlie Sloth and I wasn't sure if I was lost in layers of mockumentary or if it was all legit (was linked to the studio clip out of context). Turns out I had it half right but the wrong way round.
  • Yeah I ran through a bunch of that on youtube too. The series is really what you want to jump on tho if you haven't seen it. I moved to that area when I came to London (sega office was just down the road from Brentford high st) and it just reminds me of bare rudeboys working in the QA dept at the time. Lovely stuff.
  • I've seen S1 and some of S2, Mrs. Moot loves it. Whoever plays the main guy absolutely nails it, was the main reason the initial clip confused me was because I assumed he had to be legit.
  • The whole cast are brilliant, they really nail it. That main guy, Grindah - I swear down he's exactly like my mate from Uni's brother, check this pic from ~2004, just blazing in mans shed, great days:

aIXrAc8.png

...here's me from the time...

eXuTZRh.png

I sees ya.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Rewatched all of People Just Do Nothing at the weekend, then started it over again from the start after! Bloody love that show, I think it's probably my favourite UK comedy since Partridge came out, all the characters are brilliant, Beats and Steves man :chefskiss:

The film was delayed from August due to covid, apparently out in the new year, hype.
    It's one of my faves too. Along with Partridge and Peep Show, I can rewatch it endlessly.

I've just been making my way through the podcast. Cracking. I didn't know there was a film on the way too!
  • Podcast? Days. Onto that, cheers Tigs.

It really is outstanding comedy, I dunno if those not into that kind of music/scene would get enough out of it (I suspect it's still good) but damn is it note perfect.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I am checking it out, never heard of it. Seems decent so far (first episode).
  • I somehow never heard of it. Been looking for a show closer to home.

I thought it was aaight, ep 1. Then
    Spoiler:

Just slayed me really. I haven't laughed like this in a long time. I just didn't see it coming. Also he reminds me of someone.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Lads you've got a great time ahead of you.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    On Netflix over here, onto my list. Cheers!
    Things can only get better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!