The TV you like thread
  • If you like Legends of Tomorrow, Buffy, Sleepy Hollow or Elementary, I'm pretty sure you'll like iZombie.

Police procedural with added zombiness and really doesn't take itself at all seriously.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Yar with Neil heavily involved they're getting a lot right it seems.

I'm not sure if I could ever trust a man called Neil. He's probably a safe pair of hands for running a small business with his easy-care trousers and tucked-in-tight shirt.

Imaginary Neil, that is; I don't know this Neil.
  • Bob wrote:
    Last episode of top gear. Jay Kay still an utter bellend.
    The whole episode seemed a bit odd, especially for end of series. Was it the weakest ep of the series, or was it just clouded by too much Eddie Jordan?  The Bernie interview seemed a bit pointless, and just pandered to his ego (stuck on TG cos BBC don't have any F1 shows now?), and generally a bit too much 'pissing about being funny for the sake of it' with a boat and a big 'suv' thing.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • WorKid wrote:
    If you like Legends of Tomorrow, Buffy, Sleepy Hollow or Elementary, I'm pretty sure you'll like iZombie. Police procedural with added zombiness and really doesn't take itself at all seriously.

iZombie is great. Not started series 3 yet, but enjoyed the first two a lot.
  • Bob wrote:
    Last episode of top gear. Jay Kay still an utter bellend.
    The whole episode seemed a bit odd, especially for end of series. Was it the weakest ep of the series, or was it just clouded by too much Eddie Jordan?  The Bernie interview seemed a bit pointless, and just pandered to his ego (stuck on TG cos BBC don't have any F1 shows now?), and generally a bit too much 'pissing about being funny for the sake of it' with a boat and a big 'suv' thing.

For sure it peaked last episode. The Russian SUV was straight out of the Richard Hammond dicks about film school. Indeed Bernie needs to fuck off. It's been better without Jordan.. The Cayman film was good though.

Jay Kay is just such a fucking tool though it ruined the whole episode for me.. Apart from not being fastest depiste trying really really hard to look like he wasn't bothered.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I didn't mind the episode as a whole but that Bernie interview was pointless.
    No one likes the cunt and now he is irrelevant to the sport. So who cares what he has to say?
  • Perhaps it's a new segment. "Interview with an irrelevant, unlikeable cunt."

Next week, George Osbourne.
  • He's a proper nasty pastie too.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Perhaps it's a new segment. "Interview with an irrelevant, unlikeable cunt."

Next week, George Osbourne.

Ooh are Clarkson and Hammond coming back?
  • Netflix have announced May 30th air date for season five of House of Cards.
  • Bob wrote:
    He's a proper nasty pastie too.

Bernie?
    Yeah crooked as fuck. When I worked for a company doing a project for F1 they were very slimey about contracts, they used their prestige to get away with murder. When I left the company I still don't think they had been paid a penny.
    Partly the company's fault of course but as soon as contracts were pushed F1 backed away, then conveniently similar designs emerged from rival design agencies.
  • Nice to hear Greg is doing a whole lot more "however"s on masterchef
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    He's a proper nasty pastie too.
    Bernie? Yeah crooked as fuck. When I worked for a company doing a project for F1 they were very slimey about contracts, they used their prestige to get away with murder. When I left the company I still don't think they had been paid a penny. Partly the company's fault of course but as soon as contracts were pushed F1 backed away, then conveniently similar designs emerged from rival design agencies.

Ho-fucking-boy could I tell you lot some stories about him and his daughter.  Had dealings with both and wouldn't really dare utter a word about the stuff that went on.
  • I remember when Tamara Eccleston's drinks bill started a 300+ page thread on this very forum
  • Island woes: 
    Spoiler:

Mind you, no need for Frank to react like that, what a dick
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Island woes: 
    Spoiler:
    Mind you, no need for Frank to react like that, what a dick
    Frank is a right cock but some of the younguns are acting like petulant 13 yr olds.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Netflix have announced May 30th air date for season five of House of Cards.

Hooray
  • League of Gentlemen is confirmed for an anniversary special.

I have just worked my way through S1,2 and the Christmas Special, plus Psychoville S1 and Halloween special, finishing S2 now.
    All of it brilliant.
  • Restarted the expanse. Netflix SF. Solid.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Looks like Sunday May 7th for UK Netflix to get latest series of Always Sunny....
    HYPE!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Final episode of Big Little Lies was on last night. That was excellent telly. Odd to have a series with seven episodes though. Funny how we get so used to standard 8/10/13 episode runs.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Restarted the expanse. Netflix SF. Solid.

It really is a great show, just finished season 2, builds and improves on the first in every way. I doubt it will ever happen, but I would love to see an Ian M Banks story adapted like this.

It's just a pity the show isn't getting big viewing figures, although season 3 is going ahead, further seasons might not happen.
    Things can only get better.
  • I tried episode one of The Expanse and thought it was derivative crap. Shonky sets, bad acting, and shit-tier sci-fi clichés all over the place.

Horses for courses, I guess.
  • Yeah, I didn't think the first was that bad, but may have said at the time, it was a bunch of tropes put together.

However, it definitely improves. Whether that's enough if you think it started at shit tier is debatable.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • The books are cracking popcorn scifi. Bobby is a badass.
  • Looks like Sunday May 7th for UK Netflix to get latest series of Always Sunny....
    HYPE!

Fuck yeh, theres some amazing episodes in there.
    Why is uk netflix so far behind though?

The waterpark episode is a classic.

• poprock wrote:
    I tried episode one of The Expanse and thought it was derivative crap. Shonky sets, bad acting, and shit-tier sci-fi clichés all over the place. Horses for courses, I guess.
    It has everything but it bores me into a coma, I've read the books and they are enjoyable pap.
    But I've not managed to get through a single episode of the show without being distracted and barely paying any attention to it at all.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Caught up on the first four episodes of The Good Fight.

It's pretty good stuff. In fact I'm pretty sure it's better than late season Good Wife. Alicia and Mr Big had started to weigh the series down a bit with all the vote rigging stuff and there'd been to many changes of firm.. this is a fresh start but with a lot of returning stuff and the same interesting case of the week stuff sailing close to the current news and issues.

I thought it'd miss Alicia but actually it's better for not having her. Recommended.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I got half way through the second series of The Expanse. It's reasonably solid, but the characters are so flat that as soon as the initial mystery plot runs its course, there's nothing left. I simply didn't care what happened to any of them.
  • Bob wrote:
    Caught up on the first four episodes of The Good Fight … Recommended.

Aye, I really enjoyed The Good Fight. Got to the end of the season and wanted more, which is a good sign.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!