@daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    were gonna do a joke about dante looking diluted but i guess thats been done already?

does look swish as funk, charecter does look emo, im undecided.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    funking page turns.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Everyone can chill the fuck out. This is quality
  • I KNOW!!!!
    Tell that to Dante (Diluted)
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Preview in Edge sounds very positive and appealing (gameplay wise, the emo-fag Dante can still fuck right off).

But then again, I've seen positive previews in Edge end up getting a 5 or a 6. So yeah. Hopefully reviews will be along soon enough, it's out in mid January!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I need to start finishing some games.
    I'm going to have a hell of a back log in the new year.
  • as a big fan of the DMC games i have been holding off commenting on the new one till I played it.

Now i have, i'm personally not a fan. the combat almost drove me to sleep, it felt a bit clunky and all the technicality seems to have been taken out. where my jump cancelling at :(  art direction seems a bit wonky as well. that animating main menu image is so stupid it hurts my head - the provocative imagery is cheap and nasty.

i liked the weapon switching they kept from heavenly sword, some interesting Nero style grab attacks.

old Dante was cheesy, but it fit in that world. this demo was marginally better than playing dmc2 for me.
  • DMC's wank. I went back and ended up hating the fuck out of DMC3.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I liked the demo but I do agree that it felt quite clunky. Although I'm not sure if that was just me and my lack of skill.

I did quite like it though, would like to play the full game but it is not a first day purchase.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I liked the grappling and the attack modification as well as all the geometry shifting stuff but there was still something that didn't quite do it for me.

Plus emo/bro Dante, yikes.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I quite enjoyed it. Shame i'd seen the level playthrough already though. Boss fight was a bit flat for me as well. Standard enemies feel like they arn't distinct enough from eachother.

Might give Son of Sparda mode a yank later on tonight.
  • Decided to give the demo of this a go as it's out soon isn't it?

Combat is very solid, looks like a skilled player is going to be able to chain the fuck out of this, and the ease of getting the moves out is brilliant. Boss fight was iffy but it was clearly part one of at least two parts. I am looking forward to this OH WAIT NO MONEY WTF ever.
  • I couldn't find this thread, earlier. Do like the demo, my only gripe is new Dante's one of those Top Shop twats with jeans tucked into fake pre-scuffed army boots. Maybe there'll be a reskin as DLC.
  • Yeah he's not great but certainly better than he looked way back when he was first announced. He still talks like Dante, which is awful/awesome depending on what you think but I couldn't really deal with Bayonetta's voice either and hey that's a natural [10] and one of my favourite games ever so if this gets some good scores (I reckon it will hit 8s) i'll hopefully pick it up.
  • Out next month isn't it? Reviews so far have been pretty ok.
  • @Tempy Yeah. Personality wise it's the same Dante. It's just a reskin otherwise.
  • I heard 15th Jan unless it's been pushed back?
  • Yeah, felt like an 8. Will rent on PS3. And yeah, it's still dickhead Dante. He works part time in a camping shop now.
  • DMC's wank. I went back and ended up hating the fuck out of DMC3.
    Ha, yeah man tot....WHAT!?
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • I kinda liked the demo first time round. Gave it another go on son of sparda and thought a lot more of it (did have to use thenyellow orb twice though, so obviously more practise needed).

Played last night on nephilism or whatever its called and preordered today. The L and R weapons has gone from confusing to complete brilliance, the ability to zoom across to an enemy, and pull an enemy towards you gives you loads of options to control your spacing, and jump cancelling combos is still cool when you pull it off.
  • rickjoyce wrote:
    DMC's wank. I went back and ended up hating the fuck out of DMC3.
    Ha, yeah man tot....WHAT!?

I loved DMC3 first time 'round, it was the closest a DMC game got to Ninja Gaiden, but when I went back and played the HD collection; I switched it off.

• I'll be waiting for reviews first. Not sure I can be entirely bothered with DMC games anymore. It'll have to be very good and quite different to DMC3 or 4. And I'm not talking about the visual or art style.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Don't be chucking around heresey about 3. And the combat is suitably different to 3, with a lot of emphasis on knocking away/dragging towards for spacing etc
  • First time I've looked at the thread, if Smang doesn't rate the combat I probably won't.

Wiat till it's a tenner.
  • You could uh, try the demo, because the combat is good and jump cancelling is still in. It's marginally faster than DMC4, and there is plenty of versatility.

I rate what I played above DMC4's system, having light and heavy attacks available at a trigger pull is brilliant, also the hold sword to charge auto combo is brilliant risk/rewarding.
  • Combat is good, I'd prefer a DS3 though.
  • Tempy wrote:
    You could uh, try the demo, because the combat is good.

I'd rather not. If I like it I'd have to buy it and I have exactly less than no money.
  • Me too, I can't afford it either.

My issue is that I think it'll get written off or ignored for a few dumb reasons, and Ninja Theory look to have made (from the demo) a robust combat system with some neat nuances and a unique flow, and I think they deserve a bit of support.

Gonna try and get this and Revengeance, should set me up for a year.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I have it on my Lovefilm rental list.
  • Revengence I'm hype for, this not so much.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!