myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Framerate's better on pc then? Never really interested in this game, until I saw Bas playing the demo. So it's by the Enslaved guys? Unreal engine again? That will mean I definitely won't get it for ps3, the (framerate) problems I had with Enslaved I don't like to see again, so will avoid if possible.

It will be the first DMC I'll (probably, depends on how many monies will be transferred into my account next week) play, so not bothered about the looks of the character history and the jump cancelling y/n discussion.

(This was aimed at Tempy's post, but he's a page behind now it seems)
  • Here's the 360/Ps3 face off from Eurogamer , and they favour the 360 version

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I just finished playing Enslaved on the xbox and it had pretty serious frame rate issues too. The DMC demo didn't seem to hit any hitches on the xbox though.
  • Salmon Fishing in Yemen just got posted by Lovefilm. Great. The wife better watch it pronto so I can get DmC next. I obviously wasn't quick enough in listing it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Not many people bought this ?
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    WHY THEY DISPATCHING MY LISTED ITEM TO YOU?!

Your copies turned up at mine - thanks ! ;-)
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Not many people bought this ?
    Bought it myself on PS3 and it's excellent so far. About 3 levels (2 hours) in and there's so much fun to be had.
  • Dante to get 3 new costumes as DLCOne of them appears to be his DMC3 incarnation. The rest appear to be X-Factor rejects.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I'm 4 missions in. It's great fun. I found myself wishing the cutscenes would end, occasionally, so I could start fighting again. It's sporadically gorgeous. Lack of a lock on is kind of a head fuck.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • This game rocks! Its my first c since the original and it is excellent fun
  • Spoiler:
  • Spoiler only contains a small detail.
  • Just watched Access' review. I want this, but can hold on.
  • Completed this today. I played on hard/nephilim mode from the off, which i highly recommend as i didnt find it very challenging at all. Had a bunch of fun with it, and still finding it hard to put down. Due to the familiar dmc mission structure, it tells you in a list what collectables you have/dont have, which makes going back fun to do, and secret missions are always just hard enough, but not infuriating.

Also really liked the ending, although the 'twists' were pretty comical. They seemed thrown in very last minute.

Want to at least get through son of sparda and dante must die mode before I put it back on the shelf. Hell and hell mode aint gonna happen, though.
  • This is my second review. First I wrote right after i stop playing so now i wanna share what i think. First of all Dante was a half human and in this game his no longer partly human, the scene when SPOILER is ofending! And the wig joke is a middle finger to all the fans who love and care for dmc games. The graphics is worst than dmc 4, The colour saturation is bad.. And the good reviews from "proffesional critics" are the biggest mistery to my since the birth of life.. Proffesional critics call me maybe hater or fanboy but im not a hater.. in fact I love the series in this game is simple a mix of ninja gaiden 3 and Heavenly Sword with DMC sticker..and its a bad mix.. I hope that someday we get a proper devil may cry 5.. Its not completely bad game but its VERY bad dmc game. For the first time my dissapoint was so big that its forced me to get a metacritic account and share my sandess and anger.. RIP Dante
  • Ok, this one is genius:
    Well my grandmother got me this game for my birthday comming up so i stopped by my local CVS and got me a pack of max duracells for my xbox remote so i wouldnt have to stop this gaming journey i was going to embark on and well when i got home i turned on my television blazed up the old 360 ripped the gamestop in half since it was tied and took the game out at first glance looks like dante became younger but nevertheless i placed the game in while it took its time to load i went to the kitchen my mom had made my favorite meal, spaghetti. So after i got done with all the capcom logos i started to scope out my options and game styles as i started playing it and watching the cinematic clips i was drinking my ice cold vanilla coke and my fried spaghetti it was so good and when i got to the scene where he SPOILER i was so disgusted that i vomited my spaghetti and vanilla coke it had a good cohesion the savory tomato and the sweet vanilla coke rose up my throat and all over my coffee table soiling all my books i had on the table i got up cleaned up the mess frantically i got up took the game off the xbox placed it back in the case i told my wife to finish cleaning up the mess i got changed and raced off to the gamestop to trade in the game i traded it in for dead space 1 2 and animal crossing for the wii i hope these go so much better but stay away from this game and i was so disgruntled that i had to race and make this review please avoid it dont vomit your spaghetti and dont ruin your birthday for this game i cant comprehend capcom they should be making street fighter 5 already
  • Held at gunpoint by the embodiment of his despair, poor chap.
  • Don't vomit your spaghetti for this game. How is that not the perfect review?
  • i played it and wasn't impressed, what kind of 3rd person action game doesn't have lock on?

i'm a big fan of the other games and i'm not one of those bashing it before i played it, was willing to give it a go but it's also kind of boring. i always enjoyed the free flowing aspect to dmc, you can pick whatever weapons you want and make up crazy combos, but you're heavily restricted in this.

i'm not bashing it as a game, it seemed ok (bar the stupid menu screen with dante putting his gun in and out of that woman's mouth and the FUCK YOU NO FUCK YOUUUU) but as someone who wants more dmc for it's gameplay this doesn't satisfy.
  • I don't recall any DMC game having lock on.
  • Smang wrote:
    i always enjoyed the free flowing aspect to dmc, you can pick whatever weapons you want and make up crazy combos, but you're heavily restricted in this.

I don't get this bit, you essentially have two alternate shift keys for your attacks that allow you to change style in the fly? I thought it was a natural progression from 3 rather than 4 which have you one weapon and one grab, in this you have 3 weapons and 2 grabs, the mix potential is great.

Guess I'll see at the weekend if the demo is indicative of the combat system or not.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    I don't recall any DMC game having lock on.
    The originals use a kind of auto locking system.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Smang wrote:
    i always enjoyed the free flowing aspect to dmc, you can pick whatever weapons you want and make up crazy combos, but you're heavily restricted in this.
    I don't get this bit, you essentially have two alternate shift keys for your attacks that allow you to change style in the fly? I thought it was a natural progression from 3 rather than 4 which have you one weapon and one grab, in this you have 3 weapons and 2 grabs, the mix potential is great. Guess I'll see at the weekend if the demo is indicative of the combat system or not.
    When you unlock Dante in 4 you get access to all his styles from DMC3 and it opens up more than with Nero. Yeah, though I agree, in DmC you have access to 3 guns, one sword, 2 light weapons and 2 dark weapons all able to be changed on the fly with the dpad. I find you can get a lot of variety going but the style rankings are way more forgiving than in the past. You can get up to SSS super fast with just bashing your demon weapons around a bit.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    I don't recall any DMC game having lock on.
    they all did, L1. aside from not getting beaten by camera angles this allows directional inputs ie. more moves, something also missing from DmC. holding back + attack to launch felt right, as did towards + attack for stinger.
    Tempy wrote:
    I don't get this bit, you essentially have two alternate shift keys for your attacks that allow you to change style in the fly? I thought it was a natural progression from 3 rather than 4 which have you one weapon and one grab, in this you have 3 weapons and 2 grabs, the mix potential is great. Guess I'll see at the weekend if the demo is indicative of the combat system or not.

this is my problem with dmc4, it made you play 60% of the game as Nero, so not many people got to play much dante. He had 5 styles you could switch on the fly with the d-pad, 3 guns and 3 swords also switchable. not to mention 2 of those styles drastically affected how each of those 6 weapons worked. man lucifer and pandora.... awesome examples of dmc crazyness but nero got in the way. 

Also in the new dmc you are limited at times to which weapon will kill which enemy, i didn't like that, that's mostly what meant by heavily restricted.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Are the boss fights better than the one in the demo? I enjoyed the standard level bit but the giant maggot woman was a bit dull.

DMC 4 had some excellent boss fights. Angelo Credo and Bael being stand out for me.
  • It depends on what you're looking for, there are at least two that have a pretty unique visual style but the actual attacks and ways to beat them are kind of like a zelda knock off. Nothing near the level of Angelo Credo, I'm afraid.

The combat system doesn't seem up to the challenge of a same size mano-a-mano like that fight. That and the fights with Jeanne in Bayonetta are pretty much the top of the list in this genre (still haven't gotten around to playing the original Ninja Gaiden).
  • @smang fair enough with your criticisms. I've heard about the specific enemies, but that isn't an issue with the combat but the game planning. I never got to Dante in 4 because I stopped for Borderlands 2 just before that point, but now the disk can't work.

I like what I've seen of the actual mechanics though so I'm still grabbin it for PC
  • Aye it's just a shame Bayonetta 2 is coming to the WiiU only....

man dmc4 was a mess. mechanically sound but too much nero :(
  • Too much iffy platforming too. I did like bits of what I played. Annoyed I can't get it to work now though. The guys with shields were some of the best brawler enemies I've fought.
  • Smang wrote:
    Aye it's just a shame Bayonetta 2 is coming to the WiiU only.... man dmc4 was a mess. mechanically sound but too much nero :(
    The whole back tracking through the entire world and the stupid board game thing near the end make me wonder why people remember it so fondly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!