The IT'S NOT DANTE thread of DmC: Devil may Cry
  • Smang wrote:
    Aye it's just a shame Bayonetta 2 is coming to the WiiU only....

Why is that a shame? I'm hoping Platinum, with their great skills, can make some good use of the Gamepad. If not, it'll hopefully be at least just as good as the original.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Because it's an exclusive? Wow, better start saving for a Wii U.

Damn, Tempy it gets good when you get to Dante sorry my disk packed up mate ;(
  • platforming in DMC? again, i feel that was another nero problem, those grapple point sections were shite, dante didn't bother with them if i recall. which brings up another thing i don't like about this reboot... too much platforming!
    rickjoyce wrote:
    The whole back tracking through the entire world and the stupid board game thing near the end make me wonder why people remember it so fondly.

the backtracking, again, was due to the inclusion of nero imo. you play the game, then play the levels in reverse as dante. technically its not backtracking if the return journey is made by another character ;)

and there is a trick to the dice so you can get whatever number you need. wasn't that bad once you worked it out.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Why is that a shame? I'm hoping Platinum, with their great skills, can make some good use of the Gamepad. If not, it'll hopefully be at least just as good as the original.

it's a shame because to me the WiiU looks like a massive fail, and i'm probably never going to get one.

I can't see it staying exclusive forever though.
  • Smang wrote:
    platforming in DMC? again, i feel that was another nero problem, those grapple point sections were shite, dante didn't bother with them if i recall. which brings up another thing i don't like about this reboot... too much platforming!
    rickjoyce wrote:
    The whole back tracking through the entire world and the stupid board game thing near the end make me wonder why people remember it so fondly.
    the backtracking, again, was due to the inclusion of nero imo. you play the game, then play the levels in reverse as dante. technically its not backtracking if the return journey is made by another character ;) and there is a trick to the dice so you can get whatever number you need. wasn't that bad once you worked it out.
    That's still back tracking to me. It's the same locations, even if the other character is completely different. Scenery and level design mean a lot to me in games, Devil May Cry original has a ton of going around the same area which is fine because they mix it up way more, the trip back with Dante in DMC4 just felt way too lazy to me.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • i wasn't being entirely serious. the irony is there are as many different stages in dmc3, the backtracking was just more subtly done in that. or maybe more intelligently i should say.
  • Smang wrote:
    i wasn't being entirely serious. the irony is there are as many different stages in dmc3, the backtracking was just more subtly done in that. or maybe more intelligently i should say.
    Behind every winking smilie is a hint of truth!
  • haha, nah i can't really defend dmc4. i'm just happy the HD collection was done well and not one of those sub par crapcakes!
  • Need that at some point, and MGS collection still.
  • get it. must be cheapish these days... 

the best bit about dmc3 is that it's Kens voice actor ;) also pick beowulf, he has a dp during which he shouts 'rising dragon'
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Visiting a mate's house today to socialize and get this shown off to me. Feels like i'm 15 again.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Visiting a mate's house today to socialize and get this shown off to me. Feels like i'm 15 again.
    It also feels like the people who wrote it are 15 sometimes.

Yes to the HD collection, nice little package, halfway through the first game on hard. There are so many Resident Evil holdovers in it, it's crazy. Hard is brutal, I don't think I'll ever attempt DMD. The terribly compressed sound sample of a loud siren which plays repetitively when you start fighting is lovingly noxious and has probably invaded my nightmares.
  • 15? really? surely with such witty and well written dialogue i would imagine a fully grown adult is responsible.

well the trick to DMD on all the games is that you get infinite trigger... which might tell you how hard the enemies are set. in DMC1 most of the minor encounters are replaced by the bosses XD

and the battle music in 3 is worse!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Just started this on PC. Looks fantastic and runs like a dream. Frame-rate is much improved.

Loving what i've played so far!
  • Yeah I started playing the PC version last night and it's great. Combat is a lot of fun and I'm enjoying it a lot more than DMC4.

Bosses so far have been a bit rubbish though. They seem to require a lot less technique than the previous games.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    So what's the verdict on console graphics then? I've not played anything like this for a while. If its not great I could always get Bayonetta.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Smang wrote:
    15? really? surely with such witty and well written dialogue i would imagine a fully grown adult is responsible. well the trick to DMD on all the games is that you get infinite trigger... which might tell you how hard the enemies are set. in DMC1 most of the minor encounters are replaced by the bosses XD and the battle music in 3 is worse!
    There are smatterings of terrible cliched shit dialogue peppered throughout the game in the vein of edgy Michael Bayisms.
    Smang wrote:
    15? really? surely with such witty and well written dialogue i would imagine a fully grown adult is responsible. well the trick to DMD on all the games is that you get infinite trigger... which might tell you how hard the enemies are set. in DMC1 most of the minor encounters are replaced by the bosses XD and the battle music in 3 is worse!
    I think the music and sound design is the best it's ever been for DMC in the reboot.
  • Shit, I think I forgot my sarcasm detector yet again, DOI.
  • Subbax wrote:
    So what's the verdict on console graphics then? I've not played anything like this for a while. If its not great I could always get Bayonetta.
    It looks pretty on PS3, though the framerate suffers ever so slightly now and again during cut-scenes. Nothing too bad, but the shadows are a bit sketchy during cut-scenes but I'm guessing that's down to the Unreal engine not being particularly well suited to PS3.
  • Bayonetta is a [10] get Bayonetta.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    The problem with Bayonetta is I think I'd get a boot in the bollocks from my other half if I bought it.

I've seen some vids and it does look really nice though. It may be a [10] but is it worth singing falsetto for?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    The problem with Bayonetta is I think I'd get a boot in the bollocks from my other half if I bought it.

Domestic violence is a worse thing than debatably misogynistic character design, your other half needs to take a LONG HARD LOOK IN THE MIRROR.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • My girlfriend bought me Bayonetta. It's really not that big a deal.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I still laugh that the hardest difficulty is called "Infinite Climax".
  • PC version is the best. Get that.
  • 60fps on the PC for this is amazing. Current gimmick is air cancelling every encounter, kill 20 enemies without touching the ground? Easy.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    What's air cancelling and is it in Bayonetta?

Cex are selling it for a fiver so may get it when I venture out in a bit.
  • Air/jump cancelling is jumping during an air combo to stay in the air and juggle for longer.

Bayo has a form of air cancelling but it isn't needed because she doesn't loose height like Dante, and she has a more diverse move set in the air.
  • Top tip for PC version to get rid of the unskippable intro movies every time you start the game. 

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Config

Open DefaultEngine.ini and look for a section called [FullScreenMovie]

Change the following lines:

+StartupMovies=Capcom
    +StartupMovies=Ninjatheory
    +StartupMovies=UE3_logo
    +StartupMovies=AMDLogo
    +StartupMovies=Save_360
    +StartupMovies=blac

to

;+StartupMovies=Capcom
    ;+StartupMovies=Ninjatheory
    ;+StartupMovies=UE3_logo
    ;+StartupMovies=AMDLogo
    ;+StartupMovies=Save_360
    ;+StartupMovies=black

Game will now start at the menu.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!