Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've just started FC5. You know what you're getting, but it's still kinda fun.
  • I started that too last week.  I gave it 2 hours before I couldn’t take anymore.  Too broken and glitchy for me.  The last straw was the bit in the truck where the game makers clearly thought their audience would find it amusing to run over or machine gun various large animals. It was too much I’m afraid.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm off the intro island now so it's kinda opened up, which is good.

Unfortunately I then misheard something, and went in the not-recommended direction. Meaning I'm facing a lumber mill with eight dudes in, armed with six arrows. This may take multiple attempts...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't think I've seen any animals yet :-/
  • Constantly replaying that stupid timed kill house mission because some hunter shot me with a sleeping dart. Jesus wept as I was crying with frustration.
  • Campy_Jon wrote:
    Constantly replaying that stupid timed kill house mission because some hunter shot me with a sleeping dart. Jesus wept as I was crying with frustration.

That's one of the things that's stopped me getting right into this game. Happens almost immediately after finishing any story missions of significance. I just want to dick about and explore the map, not be locked into an annoying side game all the time.

That said, I'll likely go back to it once I've had my fill of just cause 4. If anyone's up for some co op, gimme a shout, loved doing that in far cry 4 with chazmano.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Campy_Jon wrote:
    Constantly replaying that stupid timed kill house mission because some hunter shot me with a sleeping dart. Jesus wept as I was crying with frustration.
    That's one of the things that's stopped me getting right into this game. Happens almost immediately after finishing any story missions of significance. I just want to dick about and explore the map, not be locked into an annoying side game all the time. That said, I'll likely go back to it once I've had my fill of just cause 4. If anyone's up for some co op, gimme a shout, loved doing that in far cry 4 with chazmano.

I really enjoyed far cry 4 with Pagan Min being the best villain in the series. Not even the Seed family came close to his dark humour. 
    I searched high and low in fc5 and couldn't find any horses, crocodiles or alligators. Got attacked by a few in fc4.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I think I prefer 3 & 4. Lack of wildlife it's definitely party of that. It's kinda ok I guess, but feels a bit samey?
  • Still not played the recent ones, stopped at 4. They started to feel the same to me, same gameplay loop, same objectives, just felt dull after a while.
    For me Far Cry is like Assassins Creed, one of those series I’ll pick up dirt cheap in a sale a year after release, play for a few hours and then leave
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Best way to play 5 IMO is to turn off all the HUD elements, just leaving the follower waypoint so you know where the heck they're at, makes the game so much more immersive without all that 'oh you're getting spotted by some random plane or passing truck full of goons' rubbish that's plastered on the screen. The combat and game generally work just fine, you might just have to turn mission waypoints back on every so often to find out where to park a truck.

Skip ALL cutscenes. When a bullshit moment happens (the 'bliss bullets') that pulls you away, have a video or music or something ready on another screen or device to distract you from the utter arseness, lower in game volume and just run through the section as fast as possible so you can get back to actually doing something reasonable. Pay no attention to the story apart from incidental bits that might amuse or interest, don't do the endgame, it's fucking insulting. Make your own fun.

It really is an incredibly shit game, there is something there but you have to un-break as I've mentioned above in order to get the best out of it.

IMO etc etc
  • This is what it looks like mostly HUDless btw, much nicer -

Rf6CQOD.jpg

IFN0rxY.jpg
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yep, much nicer. Always play minus the HUD on every game possible. Makes things harder but worth it.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've killed the first main dude, just saving people from a bunker. Then onto the second area I guess. I'm enjoying bits of it, other bits not so much.

4 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 2 my current controversial ordering
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I've killed the first main dude, just saving people from a bunker. Then onto the second area I guess. I'm enjoying bits of it, other bits not so much.

4 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 2 my current controversial ordering

How many games do you have on the go?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I’d of said 3 but having replayed the remaster your entirely right
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    2 is and forever will be one of the finest games ever created.
  • It’s shit
    The Forum Herald™
  • 2 is and forever will be one of the finest games ever created.

A big fat Hell Yeah to that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    It’s shit

I ised the right thumbstick a lot on it if that helps
  • Bob wrote:
    It’s shit

I ised the right thumbstick a lot on it if that helps

But was it in the right place?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Depends, did you play on ps3?
    The Forum Herald™
  • 2 is and forever will be one of the finest games ever created.

The truth has been spoken and forever it shall be.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Bunkum.  FC2 had constantly respawning enemy checkpoints and a rather ugly brown palette to boot, landscape wise. And let's not forget the silly 'malaria' mechanic. Plus the inability to scale even small drumlins. FC3 was a clear improvement.

Such debate on which Fary Cry was best has been made pointless however with the news that they are remaking Crysis (!) , and even the Switch version will come with Ray Tracing!!!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • The AI is interesting in FC2.
  • Blocks dropping BARS

Big agree.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm getting there with Faith, in the second zone. She's starting to get annoyed by me, which is encouraging. Few more missions/bases to attack, and I should be onto the big boss zone...

Was thinking of playing Ass Creed Od next, but think I might need a ubibreak before having the energy for another open worlder...
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Bunkum.  FC2 had constantly respawning enemy checkpoints and a rather ugly brown palette to boot, landscape wise. And let's not forget the silly 'malaria' mechanic. Plus the inability to scale even small drumlins. FC3 was a clear improvement.

Such debate on which Fary Cry was best has been made pointless however with the news that they are remaking Crysis (!) , and even the Switch version will come with Ray Tracing!!!

Crysis 2 was the better game. Made better use of your suits abilities. Crysis 1 had the better setting.

Or was it Crysis Warhead that was the better game? That was a spinoff to Crysis 1 wasnt it?
  • Far Cry 5 now down to £13 on PSN.  Worth a punt?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeahn
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's basically 3 & 4 again, in America. The America stuff isn't as good as if hoped though. But if you like an open worlder and haven't done one for a while then sure why not - it's a way off the best in the genre but it's fun enough.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!