regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Judt got out of an Edge talk at Ed Interactive. The website is relaunching next month with no forum . So congrats guys. You did it.
  • Another relaunch? Lol

No forum? I blame Unlikely and the hero. Too much ham not enough eggs.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Shows how interested they were in the forum faithful.
  • Quite sad really.

They obviously realised the whole thing wasn't fit for purpose. I hope that the heads of those responsible will roll
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • That's a real shame, not sure I'd have ever gone back, even if they'd fixed it - this place is perfect, but will always have fond memories of the Maroonrum, RIP.

Will still check out their reviews on the website, but otherwise Edge is sadly meaningless now, shame.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't know what MK is talking about so I'm going to ignore it.

We did what Reg? Killed it? It looked like suicide to me.
  • Question Reg, what were you doing listening in to that chat?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Er we were at a talk by the online editor....
  • Was there a Q&A at the end?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sas - wasn't listening in. Was told.
  • But, how, why?
    What were you doing there?
    I'm curious.
  • Also, if they're going to relaunch the site, they might want to be a damn sight quicker getting news on the front page.
    I have several gaming news sites on my twitter feed and they're always the last to put anything up.
  • On this forum Edge is fuck. Would have been reluctant to go back anyway. Why fanny about waiting for some suited prick to dribble a few quid so some tard with an O level in email can cobble together a half assed comments board? Petey has shown with a bit of application and some constructive feedback, a more than competent forum can flourish and the community follows too.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sas he was giving a talk. Open to the public
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Big mistake having no forum, I'd say. I suppose Facebook will have to do for them.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Sas he was giving a talk. Open to the public

Righto.
    Was just curious. As has already been asked, was there Q&A?
    Would have been interesting to hear a few questions answered.
  • Webbins wrote:
    On this forum Edge is fuck. Would have been reluctant to go back anyway. Why fanny about waiting for some suited prick to dribble a few quid so some tard with an O level in email can cobble together a half assed comments board? Petey has shown with a bit of application and some constructive feedback, a more than competent forum can flourish and the community follows too.

This.

It hadn't even occurred to me that we might go back until I read sas's post.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Webbins wrote:
    On this forum Edge is fuck. Would have been reluctant to go back anyway. Why fanny about waiting for some suited prick to dribble a few quid so some tard with an O level in email can cobble together a half assed comments board? Petey has shown with a bit of application and some constructive feedback, a more than competent forum can flourish and the community follows too.

Well said Webbins, agree completely.

This forum is really flourishing, well done Petey. Huzzah!

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Edge have really screwed up by losing us. We have been quite vocal in their defence at various times. Who's going to do that now when they give some blockbuster a 3?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There was q and a but the subject was edge reviews and the process so that's what was asked about. I asked about the process of re reviewing and patches. Also an exciting thing about upcoming issues. They're going back to examining "Issues" rather than putting generic assets on covers. Apparently 3 of the next 12 months will examine things. Seemed to hint that one of these will be State of Japan.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Did you tell them they're dead to us?
  • Skondo wrote:
    This forum is really flourishing, well done Petey. Huzzah!

Seconded. The allure of appearing in Edge's single strip Online/Offline column - sandwiched between Facebookers - has faded anyway, and with it the only reason to return. This place will do nicely.

• On Bear and Badger Edge is fuck.

Petey really did wonders on this place. I wonder how he is, see him every now and then on Twitter, and we still haven't given him any money towards the upkeep for this place.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I cannot believe that EDGE is abandoning a forum altogether, you can get off the shelf ones that don't require any work at all.

That thought I had about resubscribing, it's gone.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Did you stand up and say I AM REG... INCEPTION
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    If Petey sets up a donation thing, I'll chip in 20.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • It's a sad but unsurprising day for EDGE then. 
    Good luck to 'em. They brought us all together, and for years gave us a home. 
    That it all went so horribly wrong is a damn shame, but as has been already mentioned, we don't need them any more. We have a wonderful new home here thanks to Petey, and that EDGE think they don't need us and will instead presumably rely on the false promise of Farcebook comments speaks volumes about the direction they're now headed in.

never look back

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • To play devil's bumchum. What did Edge gain from the old forum? Loyal members. But how many, 250? 100 of those buying an issue each month/some with subscriptions. Thats a very low percentage of their readership.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Kow wrote:
    Big mistake having no forum, I'd say. I suppose Facebook will have to do for them.
    TBH, I disagree. Forum serves minimal purpose to them - clearly they never gave much of a fuck about it.
    We didn't bring in any money for them, bet a lot of us don't even read the mag. Ad click revenue minimal, not much business sense having a forum. Better for their business to try to generate chat on Facebook, that way anyone joining in, clicking stuff, liking posts etc. is advertising the Edge facebook presence (and hence the website & mag) to their friends list.
    What did we ever do for Edge? 
    Nice of em to give us a place to meet, hang out and call each other cunts for a bit, but I don't pretend they owe me anything TBH.
  • They'll just have comments on the articles/reviews I guess, like the Guardian gamesblog?
  • three1ne wrote:
    To play devil's bumchum. What did Edge gain from the old forum? Loyal members. But how many, 250? 100 of those buying an issue each month/some with subscriptions. Thats a very low percentage of their readership.

But we told our friends. AND OUR FRIENDS TOLD THEIR FRIENDS.
‹ Previous1234567

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!