The clumsy thread for clumsy people
‹ Previous123456
  • I fell off my bike yesterday (push bike; I'm not that cool).

Hit the back of my head on the ground because I wasn't wearing a helmet because I'm an idiot. I got up immediately to check I wasn't dead and that my phone was intact, but then realised I was in a lot of pain and decided to lay on the grass verge. Deciding on whether I should phone for an ambulance or not, some jogger found me. He suggested I wear a helmet in future. And with that my guardian angel was gone.

I managed to ride my bike home and was ok for the rest of the evening, but I was in mega pain overnight. Back and neck ache something feirce.

If you're lucky, I'll tell you the story of how I crashed the motorbike on my CBT. Bones were broken.

What inventive ways have you managed to injure yourselves?
  • Dude, make sure someone is about, or can ring and check on you. Concussions can be a sly mother fucker.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Best thread ever. 

My girlfriend is incredibly clumsy, she's fallen out of the shower splitting her head oped and blacking her eye and more recently she decided to break dance down the stairs the day before our holiday. The ToonStock lads have seen the picture of the black line across her arse cheek.

I've accompanied her to the hospital both times. If she takes another tumble I think I'll get someone else to take her as I'm worried that the funny looks from the doctors will turn into knocks on the door from the old Bill.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    We all enjoy wishing people riding bikes without helmets would die but that jogger is still a cunt.
  • Best thread ever.  My girlfriend is incredibly clumsy, she's fallen out of the shower splitting her head oped and blacking her eye and more recently she decided to break dance down the stairs the day before our holiday.

O.o
    I'm worried that the funny looks from the doctors will turn into knocks on the door from the old Bill.

A confession of guilt if I ever heard one!
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Dude, make sure someone is about, or can ring and check on you. Concussions can be a sly mother fucker.

Yeah, my brother was in when I got home. I asked him to check on me every now and then. No vomiting or visual problems so nhs direct say I should be OK in time.

Going to go buy a helmet later.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    A managed to bang my elbow on the corner of the water heater while I was doing the washing up the other day, it really hurt.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Get well soon ERE.
  • Slipped off the top of a train once and fucked up my leg. I was too relieved about not electrocuting myself to notice how badly it was fucked. Was obviously my own fault for being on a train etc.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I remember coming home from work once to find my brother lying on the sofa with his legs covered in blood.
    He had slipped off his pedals on his trials bike, the pedals ran up his shins stripping most off the flesh off. I could do without seeing that much shin bone again.

Most of my accidents are drink related falling over and normally just end up with plum sized and coloured bruises.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    When I was a child I once fell down a metal set of stairs onto the concrete foundations of a pier. I was fine... or was I?!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • This thread was a bad idea; when you're in pain, you can feel the pain of other accidents just by reading them.

@liveinadive , holy shit. What was the end result of that?
  • Maybe we should organise a collection and send redeye a fruit basket (concerning Watergate)

Toppled over the handlebars of my push bike many years ago and fractured my elbow. I remember that as I tried to pick myself up, my left arm couldn't support the weight and it bloody hurt.

When I was about six I lost my balance on my Raleigh Budgie and fell into a mass of stinging nettles. I ran into a climbing frame at school and had a fantastic black eye.

Due to the first incident above my left arm is a little weaker than my right and after Christmas I was getting into the loft ready to put the decorations away. As I heaved myself up, my left arm gave way and I fell out of the loft and clattered down the ladder. There was lots of swearing and bruising. My supportive wife pissed herself laughing.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Most memorable is falling straight through a false ceiling and landing in the middle of a huge conference table. Luckily there was no conference on at the time, and the NHS(the owners of said table) saw the funny side. 

I've never been so embarrassed in all my life....
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    This thread was a bad idea; when you're in pain, you can feel the pain of other accidents just by reading them. @liveinadive , holy shit. What was the end result of that?

Surprisingly he is fine now, just a bit of scaring but nothing you can really see due to hairy legs. He has more problems with a shoulder injury he got riding into a lamp post not looking where he was going lol.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Got a few loft based ones. Put my foot through the ceiling of a woman's flat as an apprentice, covering her and her kitchen in nasty itchy shit.

Years later, having safely negotiated a loft, I dropped down onto the top step (never go higher than the third rung kids) and started to climb down. One step later and I've got one foot on the top of the steps and one on the floor, some cunt had borrowed my steps while I was up there and kindly put them back for me, facing the opposite direction. Fuck knows how I wasn't injured.
  • I once tried to jump to the sixth monkey bar at school. I missed. I ended up in hospital with a sprained hand.

I also once ran straight into my friend (again at primary school). His tooth went into my cheek. Again I had to go to hospital to have it stitched up. I still have the scar.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • When I was little I had teeth all over the place in my mouth, one came out the front of my top gum line, as there was another tooth behind it pushing it forward.
    One day, me and my brother were playing Wrestling, and I ran at him, he put his knee up, catching me on the chin, my bottom jaw went up, and that tooth went into my bottom lip. Lots of blood and crying after that.

Playing wrestling again, and this time my brother pulled me off the sofa by my left foot, my right leg trailing behind me.
    I landed on the floor on my big toe, it pushed the toe so far down that the skin tore away from the base of the nail, lots of blood and crying ensued.

Neither injury required going to the hospital.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Vespa's designed before the 90s use wheels with inner tubes. Which is handy for home mechanics and bicycles but a fucking terrible antiquated idea the rest of the time. As I found out when my rear blew out at about 40mph on a country road. I somehow managed to control the bike whilst scrubbing most of the speed but still ended up in a ditch on the other side of the road (just before a tight bend as well) with the bike on top of me.

Loads of cars went past without stopping but then a guy on a Honda Fireblade stopped and helped me and the bike out. Swapped the rear for the spare and rode home. Turns out my ankle had taken the worst of the impact (I was wearing Converse) and swelled up like a balloon. I crawled up to bed very nearly in tears from the pain then the next morning rode out to A&E. The queue was really big so I never got it looked at and went home. Fairly sure it had a fracture of some sort as to this day it aches when the weather is cold.

Not really clumsy but that's the best personal injury story I have. That and breaking my arm 3 minutes into a football match but still finishing the game. Like a champ.
  • I fractured my wrist playing basketball. On my own. In an empty court. 

I blame NBA 2K1. I was trying to do a dunk, then hold onto the rim. Ended up going too fast, and not being able to hold on – fell down pretty hard on the hand.
  • I think you're winning so far.
  • Nothing like self-inflicted idiocy. :-D
  • I fell off a roof after eating two bags of prawn cocktail crisps - I didn't eat prawn cocktail crisps for a long time. Severe concussion which didn't kick in straight away, I remember my vision being ruined, like a cracked windshield. I was on a roof smoking hiding from teachers.
  • Recently I was visiting some waterfalls in India. We were warned that tourists are a rarity at the waterfalls and that the locals get a bit excitable around you. Anyway, the group of us were ushered into the heart of the waterfall's deluge and were rewarded with being groped by a number of the assembled Indians. Pretty manic and there must have been about 400 people crammed under the waterfall. 

Then we thought it would be a good idea to jump in the river below. I jumped into a plunge pool and then on my way out I slipped on a rock and landed on my stomach. Brutally winded, but thankful that I'd not landed on my ribs, as the force would definitely have broken a fair few. 

Decided with my gut aching that I'd go to the hospital the following evening to be told that I'd got a bloodclot from the fall. The thought of missing my plane home as a result was an absolute nightmare. Fortunately with a weak to go and further hospital intervention I managed to get back to London. Still have a hemotoma in my stomach though and it hurts when I sit down.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Jesus.  I have never seriously injured myself.  Did knee myself in the mouth once and nearly had a finger removed via iceskate, but otherwise solid.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Other than coming off my bike a few times I've generally done alright as far as avoiding serious injury goes.

Split my head open 3 times as a little-un (all probably before I was 4), but never broken a bone yet.

My best mate on the other hand is spectacularly accident prone, highlights include him jumping over a wall about 1-2 ft high, only to discover it was a 6 ft drop on the other side and spraining both his ankles, and my own personal favourite when we got separated on a night out and I woke up the next morning to find him asleep on the couch with tyre tracks across his chest - we assumed he staggered into the path of a car that hit him then gave him a lift home out of pity.
  • Nothing like self-inflicted idiocy. :-D

I suppose this counts as stupidity rather than clumsiness, but I'd already typed it out before I realised it's slightly off topic:

When I was about thirteen we had a large bag of Eukanuba dog food in the corner of the lounge, waiting to be transferred to the plastic trough in the kitchen where the older food was stored. Our Golden Retriever knew it was his food, and I thought it was funny that he knew it was his food; so much so that putting my face near the bag and watching his little lips curl up in anger as I made 'nom nom nom' sounds had almost become my party piece. During the ad break to Prisoner Cell Block H one evening in the summer holidays, I decided an impromptu dog wind up was in order, and crawled over to the huge bag for a faux munch. A few seconds later I was clutching my tattered lower eyelid in astonishment. A few minutes later I was speeding to the local hospital at 75mph in the passenger seat of a Morris Minor Traveller.

I ended up having some sort of plastic surgery reconstruction. As painful as this whole incident was, having the stitches removed from my eyelid a month or so later was the most excruciating thing I've ever experienced.

There's a moral to this story somewhere.
  • When I was about ten I did that thing kids like to do at the swimming baths and legged it straight out of the changing rooms and did a big running bomb into the pool to announce my presence. I didn't even look and half way through realised I was going to land right on top of a fat woman who was doing her daily exercises. 

Her look of surprise and horror as she realised her quiet, relaxing swim was about to be torpedoed by a ten year old child catapulting himself straight at her is ingrained in my mind. Sort of a very quick switch from "ah, what a lovely day for a swim" look of content to a horrified "oh shit! that stupid kid's going to land right on meeeeeeee!". Luckily her hefty size broke my fall leaving me relatively uninjured (and her, thankfully). 

I apologised obviously, because she was quite rightly slightly pissed off about it and then kept my head down for a stern talking to from the lifeguard.

Secretly, I thought it was hilarious as did most of the pool who saw it.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    When I was about ten I did that thing kids like to do at the swimming baths and legged it straight out of the changing rooms and did a big running bomb into the pool to announce my presence. I didn't even look and half way through realised I was going to land right on top of a fat woman who was doing her daily exercises.  Her look of surprise and horror as she realised her quiet, relaxing swim was about to be torpedoed by a ten year old child catapulting himself straight at her is ingrained in my mind. Sort of a very quick switch from "ah, what a lovely day for a swim" look of content to a horrified "oh shit! that stupid kid's going to land right on meeeeeeee!". Luckily her hefty size broke my fall leaving me relatively uninjured (and her, thankfully).  I apologised obviously, because she was quite rightly slightly pissed off about it and then kept my head down for a stern talking to from the lifeguard. Secretly, I thought it was hilarious as did most of the pool who saw it.

Struggling.....to.....control.....my......giggles......
  • Playing football in school during winter. Ball got lobbed towards the goal so I jump for a header. Completely missed the ball, started sliding towards the goal so I put my hands up to grab the crossbar to stop myself.
    My hands stopped, my legs didn't and shot up in the air and my head cracked open on the Tarmac. Left a nice patch of blood in the yard too
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • @larry ...amazing
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
‹ Previous123456

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!