Bayonetta 2...
‹ Previous123
  • ...is rumoured to have been cancelled following the recent restructuring at Sega. One of the most brilliant, imaginative IPs of this generation has been lost. In an effort to make this into more of a conversation, what other original IPs have we seen this gen which haven't done the numbers to guarantee being raised to the lofty heights of sequel-dom?

Source

Posting a link is sooo much easier here!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I for one applaud this decision.
  • I couldn't even finish the first. Got stuck at some regular bad guys and not even a boss.
  • Pfft, get with ye back t'old forum.

Edit: @DS
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    She has hair and tits and she made a raunchy comment and haha her footwear did something mental and killed someone.

I wish I could stop growing old, I would've loved this shit if I was 14.
  • But she's not sexy because of her hair and tits. She's sexy because she's a powerful and intelligent female videogame character... who can turn into a panther like the wolf in Okami and collects Sonic the Hedgehog coins and fights massive demi-God tidal wave monsters and throws skyscrapers at people - ok you might have a point DS.
  • SHENMUE 3

I still believe

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Shenmue 3 would be lovely - it'd have to be next-gen though to have a similar impact to the 1st game. Do Sega even own the rights to a Bayonetta sequel? Is it not owned by Platinum? And couldn't they conceivably publish it with someone else - Konami?

• g_man said:

SHENMUE 3

I still believe

g.man

Kickstarter lol
  • It looked great and played slick, but just didn't gel with me. Don't really care.

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • It would never have matched the first, which was a breath of fresh air after what Devil May Cry had become. Most of what made Bayonetta great was that total batshit mentalness that just becomes 'meh' in a sequel.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Fingers crossed for a new Vanquish though. And Enslaved while we're at it. Also, were there any plans to remake the second Siren game. The first one was utterly chilling.
  • It looked great and played slick, but just didn't gel with me. Don't really care.

Ironically, for me, it was all those things and gelled with me, which no other game of it's kind had before.

Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It was full of unlikeable cunts and the music was irritating. I haven't even bothered to finish it and now Ninja Gaiden's fucked too. Boohoo etc
  • Aesthetics aside, Bayonetta has the best combat and spectacle of any game in the genre. An absolutely brilliant title that put most action games to shame. The intro alone, plummeting through the sky on the clock tower while divine monstrosities assault you and Jeanne from all directions, was OTT batshit-amazing.

Wouldn't want a sequel, mind. 
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message

Aesthetics aside, Bayonetta has the best combat and spectacle of any game in the genre. An absolutely brilliant title that put most action games to shame. The intro alone, plummeting through the sky on the clock tower while divine monstrosities assault you and Jeanne from all directions, was OTT batshit-amazing.

Wouldn't want a sequel, mind. 

Demonstration of strokes for folks. I recommended Bayonetta to a friend and he got off to a terrible start with this bit because he couldn't concentrate on the combat while listening to the narration. After that the OST just drove him fucking livid and almost tore apart what we had together.

I really liked it though.
  • Great gameplay all wrapped up in shit presentation. Gawdy, horrible, unfunny anime horse shit.
  • It's the best 3rd person combat game ever made as far as I'm concerned, lots of it just got on my tits though.

It was like some sort of ADHD addled nightmare. Painful that this gets canned and Sony have another fucking Kratos game lined up for the suckers.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    bayoneta were shit....really!

the guys at edge must have been smoking powerfull shit to score it a [10].
    either that or platinum sent them monies or somesuch.

gaiden is better imo.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I had *zero* interest in Bayonetta. Looked gaudy and teenage. But the boy convinced me to play it just a few weeks ago and I am *totally* hooked.

I've not changed my opinion on the gaudiness, but actually it's all a bit of daft fun, I believe it *knows* how ridiculous it all is, and beyond that is the important bit - it plays like a frikkin' dream. The combos you're able to pull off are incredible, and I have to say feels more satisfying than many of the moves I managed in God of War. A few weeks ago I wouldn't have cared about this cancellation, but now I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the original, I'm now a little more worried about finishing it, and it being over forever! 
    PSN: RockIsSponge / Live: RockIsSponge1
    www.twitter.com/RockIsSponge
  • It does know, it's just a bit much. It's like going from Rear Window to Spongebob Squarepants.
  • daviedigi said:

bayoneta were shit....really!

I can appreciate that some people would hate the art/sound/graphics design philosophy, but if you don't think the core combat system is at least worthy of being labelled as "very good" you're utterly fucking mental.
  • Bayonetta was so comprehensive in its combat system that I wasn't sure it had left itself anywhere to go if it continued. There was so much packed in, especially going through all the difficulty levels and getting all the weapons. Would have been more of the same probably. Not all great games need sequels.
  • I just don't see why it got a 10. 
    I play it - I put it down, 
    I leave it for ever then remember its there and play it some more... 

But its never been a 10 in my book, A good 8 at the most. 
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • It does know, it's just a bit much. It's like going from Rear Window to Spongebob Squarepants.

Hahah
  • I do totally agree the gameplay was superb  but gameplay, for me, is only half the package. I'm not going to eat Kobe beef with a dog shit sauce.

I would rather stick to angus beef and a peppercorn sauce(God of War).

Beef analogies, thats what its resorted to, bloody beef analogies.
  • The aesthetics are really only an issue in the cutscenes, and they were admittedly shit. But if you're in it for the long haul, you skip them after the first run and they end up a distant memory once you're into the meat of the challenge.
  • So scrape off the shit sauce?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I am here to vent.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Shit news.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Bayonetta, L4D and Mario Galaxy are my three favourite games of 'this gen'.

I'd have loved a sequel, but I doubt it'd better the first game.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • There's always Lollipop Chainsaw.

Erm.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!