[kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Official Website
    Sarah_2_zps496e50f8.png

The Frontier
    Welcome to the Edge of Civilization
    In Titanfall, many generations of humanity live in the deepest reaches of explored space. This vast region is known as The Frontier. It contains many well-known and inhabited solar systems, but many more worlds remain uncharted.
    Most people will never travel this far away from normal civilization. But for pioneers, explorers, mercenaries, outlaws, and soldiers - the Frontier offers both adventure and opportunity.

The Factions
    The Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC)
    The IMC started out small, in natural resource extraction industries, under the name Hammond Engineering. Increasing demand for Titan manufacturing materials, combined with Hammond's market-cornering planetary survey technology and map database rights, contributed to explosive growth for the company. Over the course of a century, a series of acquisitions, mergers, and re-brandings lead to the transformation of Hammond Engineering into the ruthless commercial empire that is the IMC.
    With the Frontier’s valuable shipping lanes and vast planetary resources ripe for exploitation, the IMC is dedicated to maximizing profits and shareholder wealth, using the legal application of force when necessary.

The Militia
    The Frontier Militia represents the military arm of the Frontier systems' territorial defense pact. The Militia is a loosely governed mishmash of homesteaders, bandits, mercenaries, and pirates, all rising up as 'citizen soldiers' when the need arises. Each brigade within the Militia is responsible for fighting in an assigned section of Frontier territory. Although some brigades are little more than vast pirate organizations, the Militia has enough resources to be a real obstacle to the IMC's ambitions on the Frontier.
    The Militia often claims that direct action against the IMC is in the best interest of the homesteaders whom they allegedly represent, but not everyone on the Frontier sees it that way.

The Combatants
    Titans
    Titans are descendants of present-day fledgling military exoskeletons. In addition to the obvious combat applications, unarmed forms of Titans are used in heavy industries like cargo transport and deep space ship salvage. They are also used in special applications such as deep space search and rescue, and are very effective in inhospitable environments. The use of Titans is widespread throughout the Frontier in both combat and civilian life.

Pilots
    As with Titans, the Frontier contains Pilots of many different styles and experiences. Titan Pilots are rated by 'certifications', most of which apply to civilian applications, such as construction, shipping, and heavy salvage industries. The most prestigious of these is the Full Combat Certification - a widely published series of tests that grade a Titan Pilot's abilities. Because of the extreme physical and mental challenges of mastering both Titan combat & dismounted parkour movement, a fully combat certified Titan pilot is a rare find, and the combat skills of active Pilots in the field varies widely throughout the Frontier.

TF_Lagoon_Pilot_Titan_zpsd71f0cbb.jpg

TF_Fracture_Battle_zps8f79acb1.jpg

TF_AngelCity_Pilot_zps87ef995a.jpg

Titanfall_Gameplay_Thumbnail_zpsbdaba5bb.jpg

TF-Panoramic-Overwatch_zpsd8c05082.jpg

• Looks like Master Chief kneeling down talking to a Roswell alien.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Oh no, I've just seen something worrying in the picture!

Give me 15 mins to photoshop what I can see!!!
  • It's a new Horace game.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    7787229426_fe3f59df54_o.jpg
  • All the excitement over them breaking from Activision seems a very long time ago. I can't really see them dishing up anything too innovative, Infinity Ward had a solid rather than astounding back catalogue before they left and EA won't be paying them to experiment.

We're also coming towards a new hardware generation - good time to establish a new franchise, but it's impossible to sell 20 million copies of a game when only a couple of million consoles have been sold.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    MW3 is now just a twitch shooter with so many gadgets included that all tactical elements to the gameplay have been removed.

Never got to play MW1 online, but MW2 and BLOPs were a lot of fun for a good while. Couldn't believe how quickly I stopped playing MW3. The maps were awful and the constant gadgetry became irritating. I'm all for upgrades and perks, but there should be a limit. Nothing worse than dropping €50 on a game only to feel like you need the reactions of a hyper-caffeinated 12 year old. 

And - crazy thought - they could probably do with servers for adults only. :-)
  • Pic looks like a view of a giant walker from the likes of 'War of the Worlds'.
  • Was I imagining it, or has Elpresador been signed up to Machinima and Respawn?
    I'm definitely interested in what Respawn are up to, CoD4's my favourite online game, but I'd cum a bit if EA announced a Criterion Battlefield.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Striders. Been there. Done that.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    All the excitement over them breaking from Activision seems a very long time ago. I can't really see them dishing up anything too innovative, Infinity Ward had a solid rather than astounding back catalogue before they left and EA won't be paying them to experiment. We're also coming towards a new hardware generation - good time to establish a new franchise, but it's impossible to sell 20 million copies of a game when only a couple of million consoles have been sold.
    Now's a good time to get a new IP out, nearing the end of a generation would be a good foundation for a sequel to appear on the next gen.

Depending on whatever it is they release it could work out beneficial to both Respawn/EA and Sony/Microsoft. If Respawn come out with something along the lines of the praise CoD4 received then I imagine that any sequel to it would bolster a few extra sales of the new tech.

I am about done with this gen because as much as I am looking forward to a few titles I'm not really that excited about any of them bar GTA V so for me new IP is a must but couple this with a new system and I'll be putting my order in quicker than a tramp on chips.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    7787229426_fe3f59df54_o.jpg

Actually, I see Fox McCloud.
  • I agree with I_R, haven't heard anything from them for what seems like years, Respawn are are either trashing concept after concept or they're holding out for the Next Gen to get a footing in before CoD. I'm not overly fussed but if they can shed that shitty jingoistic war crap then we'd at least be onto something different.
  • Respawn is making a new Sonic game? We might actually get a good one!!!
  • I saw in the original pic something like a wolf.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I saw a man touching me.
  • Oh right, you put that on top. I thought you'd enhanced it Blade Runner style.

It's most likely a military fps isn't it.
  • A fast paced modern military FPS!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Isn't it supposed to have a futuristic setting?
  • A future of MILITARY

Blops 2 has stolen their thunder, obviously.
  • Olimite wrote:
    I think you're thinking of the new COD or the new Bungie game. We've literally heard nothing about this apart from that blurry image.
  • I_R wrote:
    A fast paced modern military FPS!

Visceral?! Intense?!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    I think you're thinking of the new COD or the new Bungie game. We've literally heard nothing about this apart from that blurry image.

I'm sure I read it somewhere. I'm old, but my marbles haven't gone yet. maybe it was just down as speculation.
  • Nick wrote:
    I_R wrote:
    A fast paced modern military FPS!

Visceral?! Intense?!

Blockbuster on epic scale with a moral choice to be made, will you be pre-scripted bad or pre-scripted good? Multiplayer full of screaming ten year olds like michael jackson on hellium bred with westboro baptist choice and GUNS so many guns you can shoot everyone shoot your dad and your dog and your mum with GUNS and you'll have to respawn just like in our title and fuck it the disk is blank there was no game we just paid off the magazines and websites and died trying to crawl up some hooker's cunt whilst we were all jacking off under the influence of coccaine.

"A few high ideas in an otherwise confused mess" [6]

• Buy our game we need bigger houses so we can be happy whilst making vapid games for you to buy so we can buy bigger houses.
  • *Connects to multiplayer
    *selects team objective
    *killed by xxn00bkillerz567xx

*trades in game
  • Meh. Shooting kids is fun.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Nick wrote:

So now EA are actually partnered with people who actually make weapons that actually kill real people. Tch, just when they were getting better.
‹ Previous1234567158

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!