Beyond 2 Souls - The Other Ellen Page'Em Up
  • I just watched the show floor demo from Gamescom re this.
    It looks interesting:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g1bahr/beyond--two-souls-gc-2012--sandbox-walkthrough--cam-

I can't find too much out about it from a quick web search but gametrailers say it is a open world game.
    The gameplay so far doesn't really show this and in fact looks like it drops you into a scenario where you use your 'ghost' to context sensitively get you out of it.

The Gamescom video shows your ghost possessing people and then, a little to my disappointment only able to manipulate the world or character in a very context sensitive way. I.E, taking over the sniper only allows you to kill 3 people by simply pressing R1.
    But this is very reminiscent of the control you had in Heavy Rain.
    Could this be another divisive, polarising game from Quantic Dream?

P.S. why is the fire so red?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Almost switched it off before seeing the actual gameplay due to irritating Americans.

Looks very pretty but not very playable. I'll give it a miss.
  • Thats my take on it too.
    I like the idea of the slower rate of gameplay and the out of body manipulation of the environment, but I am a little worried about how much of it is actually playable and not just some kind of Monkey Island style trigger the next scenario that Heavy Rain was.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!