Dance music (other)
‹ Previous1234
  • A place to discuss and share the tracks/sets of your favourite producers, so long as it's not drum n bass or dubstep. 

Minimal techno-
    Extrawelt. Can't get enough of these guys at the moment. Possibly my favourite producers. Give this a listen. It's arguably their best track, and certainly their most famous. A little surprised they're not more popular outside of Germany as they have the perfect choice of sounds, and all their tracks are bursting with atmosphere. Just don't skip to the middle as you really need the build up

Minimal-
    Kollektive Turmstrasse. Super-popular over here, but again sadly lacking appreciation in England. I've always found their tracks particularly accessible, so might be a good place to start for people who've not given minimal a chance in the past. Relaxing, a little dark and, much like Extrawelt, incredibly atmospheric.

Tech-house
    Format B. If the two track posted previously are a bit too sinister in tone, then perhaps this will have more appeal. Possibly my favourite tech-house tune of all time. Super-cheery and incredibly catchy, especially once the vocals get going. Sadly the rest of their tracks aren't anywhere near as good as this.

Breakbeat
    Hedflux. For me at least, breakbeat has been stagnating for a while. That plump DJs sound was all I'd come to associate with the genre, and I was fucking bored of it. This chap has changed all of that. He's quite clearly heavily influenced by psy and progressive trance, and whilst the infusion of these genres with breakbeat may sound like a nightmarish combo, he pulls it off remarkably well. Give the opening track two minutes of your time. It's more of the same from there on in.

http://soundcloud.com/hedflux/psy-tech-funk

Berlin Techno
    Hackler and Kuch. I'll actually be very surprised if anyone else here like this, but I'm posting it just in case. It's a wonderful set from Fusion festival a few months back, and very typical of Berlin's unique brand of techno. Absolutely love it. Probably the most fun I've had dancing this year.

http://soundcloud.com/hackler-kuch/hackler-kuch-live-at-fusion

Apologies if it's possible to embed soundcloud sets. I have no idea how to do it.
  • Interesting, it may take me a while to put my thoughts together. Hold on.
  • Now Playing: Green Velvet's Whatever
  • Trying to embed and failing, there isn't a post preview is there?
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • rickjoyce wrote:
    Trying to embed and failing, there isn't a post preview is there?

Kept happening to me, I clicked the source button and did it manually, it was bizarre.

Anyway, I know nothing of darns music.

Like that Dizzee chap. Come and darns with me, darns with me. What, sox?
  • Mmm, a thread for me. Gotta love the classics; stuff like Green Velvet, Hawtin, Aphex and the like never really gets old. Recently been enjoying Julio Bashmore a wee bit.

Also my love for Nathan Fake is evergreen. Outhouse might well be my favourite track of all time, which is saying something. It just never seems to get old. That build up starting at minute 4 carries me away every time. Plus, y'know, fractals.

Kalkbrenner's treatment of The Sky Was Pink keeps my attention as well. Get a decent set of headphones and enjoy that bass.

• Old but still classy:

XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Minimal schminimal

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
  • Know fuck all about dance music, but have been loving Etiwnne de Crecy's 'No Brain' recently. Can you knowledgeable types point me in the direction of similar?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    You can dance to this  http://soundcloud.com/theelementals/science-of-the-spirit
    I'll take it more seriously at some point.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Also just noticed @RasDam is following them. Small world!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • My fave Umek track

Lawrence, check out the Hackler and Kuch set in the OP. Might be your sort of thing.
  • Got Extrawelt and Richie Hawtin both playing here on Saturday, and I can't go to either because I promised a girl I'd go camping :(
  • Mate of mine got his track played on Rinse last night, very happy for him.

Her is a link to the rip...

http://soundcloud.com/cloaka/cloaka-dont-i-know-you-rinse
  • I have no idea how people dance to stuff like that. Anything other than an orthodox drum beat is a bit of a turn off.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Dirty that track. *THUMBS*
  • Mate of mine got his track played on Rinse last night, very happy for him.

Her is a link to the rip...

http://soundcloud.com/cloaka/cloaka-dont-i-know-you-rinse

I buy bits and pieces from that side of things (Ramadan Man, Boddika etc), that's a very good track for those who stay within that style. Doesn't have much crossover appeal, but a very well put together track.
  • Yeah he is super anal about tech stuff and arrangements, he has just begun to find his creative self more and let go a bit on every minor thing being perfect at each stage. It has done him a world of good.

Have a look at Boxwork too, they have done some colab stuff, he has been a bit of a mentor to my mate.

http://soundcloud.com/boxworkmusic
  • @Liveinadive Track two's a great little garage stylee thing, didn't really get the first one.

Noxy -
  • Yeah he has taken a lot down since I last looked, has done more stuff which sits between that second track and the Cloaka track I linked.

In fact both of them seem to be taking stuff down a lot recently. In Cloaka's case I think it is because a few tracks got signed up and are awaiting release.
  • Yeah, labels are crazy about that. You could have an amazing track, but if you so much as inadvertently create a download link at any stage they will not sign it. Check out the garagey track I posted.

• Some nice tracks.

Liking this sort of minimal with the rhythm of progressive trance. Like this-

More house. I know the chaps who wrote this

And more Extrawelt. I really can't get enough of these guys.

• Current fave DJ

• Waaay back I used to love a bit of Prog House.

• Was told by my flat mate I was dumb for never having heard of some mouse guy the other day.
  • Deadmau5. Is your flat mate quite young?
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!