General VR and AR chinwag
  • Oh yeh, i am a mental! ;)

Im not paying for that and then headphones on top too and normal terrestrial tv is terrible.
    Il get match of the day on my phone later.
    Thatll do.
  • Second time a spanner in Lady Tiger's family has screamed while playing VR Worlds and made cub cry. Grrr.

You know it's not real. You know there's a small child in the room. And yet, 3 minutes later, you screamed again?! Grrr double Grrr.
  • You know that the point of VR is to trick your brain into believing it's real right?
  • Had no idea, Dante.

Then again, I have a strong and powerful loathing for people who scream in the cinema or shout at their TV as well. Seems like they have too little control over their emotional state. You have to watch people like that. Can't trust them.
  • I’m always shouting at the TV when the football is on.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Anyone got one of them suits that make VR feel like R?
  • Omg Sprint Vector.

It's basically VR SpeedRunners. Tiger you need to check this out.
  • I am so up for trying that!
  • Nexx wrote:
    Omg Sprint Vector.
    It's basically VR SpeedRunners. Tiger you need to check this out.

Motion sickness-tastic.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Nope, in fact its the opposite.  Because you're driving the movement with your body it mitigates most of the motion sickness that people get which is why they can make it a much faster game versus if they were using traditional locomotion.
  • Nexx wrote:
    Nope, in fact its the opposite.  Because you're driving the movement with your body it mitigates most of the motion sickness that people get which is why they can make it a much faster game versus if they were using traditional locomotion.

Ah, I see. I still get the fear thinking about RIGS. I was ill after that.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Sprint vector is brilliant and a proper work out.
  • Davie should get on that as part of healthy living Shenanigans.
  • Davie should get on that as part of healthy living Shenanigans.

My 6 weeks of no vr. Is up a week on friday (i think), il look in to it then.
    Got a health and wellbeing person going over my diet (its shit) and a fitness coach to get me excercise thats not too little and not too much.
    (been doing too much a lot lately and suffering for it)
  • digi wrote:
    Davie should get on that as part of healthy living Shenanigans.

Got a health and wellbeing person going over my diet (its shit) and a fitness coach to get me excercise thats not too little and not too much.
    You look after yourself Davie. Hope your still off the fags mate. It's not easy, but it's the way forward.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Davie should get on that as part of healthy living Shenanigans.

You look after yourself Davie. Hope your still off the fags mate. It's not easy, but it's the way forward.

I am indeed pal, was gonna do a post in relevant thread but some shut got in way.
    Will get to it shortly.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That's good news Davie, take care pal.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Anyone heard of XR? If so what the fuck is it? Thanks
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Extended reality. It's an umbrella term for all computer assisted realities. VR, AR and something else R. It doesn't really mean anything.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message

Interesting little snippet I guess but not too sure I agree with all that much of his current assessment of the VR tech we have. 

I don't have any great issue with reading anything particularly as I use it just for VR developed games, I use the Rift regularly and also have a retinue of little nephews who use it even more. We spectate on my PC and all sorts.. no complaints there at all. 

I think it may be that at this stage the Vive Pro may not be an essential upgrade perhaps as it seems to be more significant towards commercial usage (either making quick marketing presentations look a bit prettier or bigger open arena/VRcade stuff in China with the Basestation 2.0 tracking areas).

He does highlight more the problem that spending a decent wedge on a Pro at this stage though.. the games are still mainly being made by small teams and between that and the horsepower of current GPUs and whatnot visual fidelity isn't necessarily all that useful just now. Perhaps if we could of had a significant FoV upgrade? Some kind of active cooling to prevent steamy fogging? Getting rid of the cable? Foveated rendering? Eye tracking? 
    I see that something more along that kind of switch as the drive to upgrade for me but perhaps if you've got a ninja PC and you can sell your current Vive for some decent cash and the Pro isn't priced fully at the commercial markets..or you've just got a lotta cash?

I think if I had a Vive then I'd be holding out for the Knuckles controller over this. That has more potential for something new than a bit of a res bump.  

In other news... Moss is released on the PSVR tomorrow too I think.. Tried the demo and thought it was lovely.. so I'm holding out hope that that holds up over the length of it. 
    It's only £25 so not too much of  a hit.. could be a nice little intro back into VR Davie? I can't imagine there's too much strain from letting a little mouse solve puzzles.. I could be wrong though.. it might get all Resident Evil later on...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • For me it's a real tempter. You see, you need to be a gfx whore if you love Elite Dangerous and sadly the current Vive just doesn't cut the mustard. Unfortunately it's not just the resolution, and a substantial increase in power is going to be needed to get VR settings like their desktop equivalent. I also understand the sense of depth is heightened with the bump in resolution. It might be to do with the two images aligning more sharply with the brain. Or something.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I agree that I'm looking forward to a big bump in all the specs across the board too SG. The full next gen will have lots more pixels .. lots more.. things.. 

Buuuut.. as you say even my 1080ti hasn't really got the chops to go up to something beefy (2k? 4k per eye etc etc) and big change..  
    I've recently picked up Loco Dojo (nice little minigame collection thing voiced by Brian Blessed of all people) in a sale.. and the nephews love them a bit of that. All sorts of fun to be had..in one little game you ride a cartoony pig along a narrow board course propelling him along by spanking him on the bottom with one controller while leading his direction with a carrot on a stick..  while making Elite look even more epic is a great thing I still see us a at a stage where daft little team VR funzies can be just as compelling. 
    Gorn stoll gets hammered constantly, Just in Time is another new one..  

Ach lad.. report form the front lines if you can chum. I'd probably be giving the Pro a darn good look too if I was down the Vive line.. I'm an idiot as well..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I'll wait until I've tried it. I suspect it'll be pricey which I really can't justify right now, but if it's under £500 I'll probably be hand-wringing.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16541235

"All of Oculus’s Rift headsets have stopped working due to an expired certificate"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!