Retro / Grade
  • Having recently gotten PS+, I decided to download this (it's currently free for Plus members) - I have to say it swallowed a good hour and a half of my time last night. 

The premise is that you play a side scrolling shooter 'backwards'- you start at the end of the game and you have to reduce your high score by absorbing your own bullets and dodging enemy fire that comes from left to right -  but it's not so much a side scroller as it is a rhythm game (it was originally developed with plastic guitars in mind and it's supposedly still the best way to play it). It has a pretty great soundtrack, and it's very addictive once you get into it.

Well worth a punt, especially if you have PS+ - I can see myself losing more time to this once I get to grips with it

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I thought this was going to be our fourth retro games thread. I nearly bled you there Dan.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Looks lovely.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I thought this was going to be our fourth retro games thread. I nearly bled you there Dan.
    Quite.

Seems like a good excuse to dust off the guitar controllers.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!