Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll pay my way too, even though I'm against the idea. I'm a little worried that we'll end up kicking each other. I'll be on tonight.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Yeah you're an admin. If it only allowed one admin it would have been pointless keeping it up if you could only kick when the owner was online. As it's multiple it should let anyone playing control the experience. Assuming people join the bloody thing.

We can talk about costs once the week is up, need to see if it's worth it first.
  • Yeah, if it works i'll chip in too, if it works (and it should definitely be a better experience anyway).

4800 msp for 3 months can be bought for under £40.

If we have 8 people chip in (possibly a struggle, dunno if we have that many regulars) it would be a fiver for three months, which doesn't seem too bad.

Just an estimate but I reckon it'll be about 5-7quid each for 3 months.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ooh exciting. I shall try and get on later, though might be on and off as the little one is projectile vomiting.

Happy to pay my way also, especially since I got a promotion today. :)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Less than a pack of fags or two pints.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Congratulations Frantico! Quite an achievement in the current climate.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye, came out of nowhere as well which was a nice surprise. Cheers.

Might even treat the Wife to fish and chips later. Maybe.
  • Steady on lad, a battered saveloy maybe, it's a promotion not five numbers and the bonus ball.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message

Might even treat the Wife to fish and chips later. Maybe.

Is that a euphemism?
    Webbins said:

Steady on lad, a battered saveloy maybe,

That definitely is.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nah, look what happened last time.
  • Oooh exciting. I will try and get on tomorrow night.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • "oooh exciting" wasn't taking the piss Pea. Only just read your comment.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What time are we doing this then chaps?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'll be on about 8-30
  • I'm going to jump on pretty soon. Hope the server has a few players or it doesn't take too long for other people to join in. I guess it'll be picking up a bit now anyway.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You can start a game on your jack jones and practice flying the jets and coppers if no one is on.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I still have the huge 1.02GB update to download, the server thing it is I think. 9%.

And I noticed you can buy the unlocks now... 
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Mixed bag tonight, and the "UK only" message at the start didn't make me feel very welcome ;). Nah, just wondering, was connection worse for some people when I joined? I didn't have any problems myself.

Apart from the fact then when I accepted a revive while I was in the "choose a spawnpoint" screen on the Metro map, the "choose a spawnpoint" screen wouldn't go away when I was revived. Was quite an interesting way of playing.
    And that I had to search the whole house from some batteries with a little life left in them, apparently all the rechargeable ones were dead.
    And that I still haven't really gotten a feel for this game. Don't know what class or weapon to choose, doesn't really feel like a difference between any of them as my main problem is still that the screen is too cluttered with stuff that don't add anything. 

Was still nice to play this again, and after 1 or 2 games the servers started to get a little bit busier.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Had to bail, vomiting etc

Stick with it Nina, I'm still trying to get to grips with weapons again since the patch. Try the G53 on engineer, seems as good as it was pre patch.

Enjoyed tonight, was running the best it has in ages for me.

Optimism returns.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Rock solid for me tonight, even when we had a full server with Americans in it.

That knife spree at A on Metro was a highlight.
  • Being able to boot Americans is a plus, not sure that it's enough to warrant paying for the privilege. They really should have just region locked some servers from the start.

Joining the empty server and waiting for it to fill is kind of hard work as well, although Metro is probably better suited to 3 v 3 than 12 v 12.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, I even prefered 2 v 2, the slower pace made it much more tactical. Well as tactical as that map can get.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Can you do squad DM on a private server? I quite fancy a go on it sometime, might be fun having an hour of stalking each other.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sounds good to me. I enjoyed that for the first time in a while, but I'm still not sure about renting the server long term.
  • Fizzled out after you guys left, despite Mod's tweaking, no bugger would join. Ended up joining another server and we three zipped to the leaderboard summit and turned the deficit into a win.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2

• Webbins said:

Fizzled out after you guys left, despite Mod's tweaking, no bugger would join. Ended up joining another server and we three zipped to the leaderboard summit and turned the deficit into a win.

That was good but the best bit was when it was me v you and mod messing about on Metro. Double kinife, highlight of my night. :-D

sparky got me twice with it earlier so it kinda balances out.

Hoping it will be much busier on the weekend.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, it was good at at the start, but then fizzled out as soon as everyone left. I can't believe nobody wanted to join a server with 3 people in it.

Not quite sure what went wrong, I'm sure I've played on rented servers all night and not seen it drop that low. I guess there's more servers than players knocking around.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    InflatedTurtle was kind enough to send this last night: I'd finally got a viper, you evil old bastard. Why did you swap my team without asking? :(

Followed by oo Trooper oo with: no minimap   no noobs

Despite the fact that I wasn't even online anymore. Why did they assume I owned the server?
  • You generally had the best K/D, obviously the owner.

I killed that Trooper guy over and over on Kharg, he needs to pay more attention to the map.

• InflatedTurtle was pretty good and he stuck with us most of the night.

We all got that message from Trooper, some people just can't help themselves.

Mod, did you change the server to say "Europe only" rather than "non-EU"? (which will probably confuse non-English speaking people, especially if they're French). I don't think it changed for me even after we went out and back in. Also, did you notice you can upload a banner on the Battlelog website? Maybe not worth it for the short term but if we do end up getting a longer server rental...

Should be around tonight, I think it should be a lot better this time around.

Maybe we shouldn't boot anyone unless really necessary (no space for one of us or they are getting a huge advantage/being a dick)as well to keep the game populated.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!