The Battlefield Thread
  • I posted that before he had posted , you got the thread on alert Pea ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Played through this week's tides challenges yesterday, took about 2 hours.
    Squad conquest isn't bad if you want a small infantry focused blast.
    One tank per side, no planes.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It's a weird one though. When it's forcing me to play a class I don't particularly want to, or leveling up to unlock a gun in a class I don't use much, the lack of content i.e. maps, really shows.
    But when I stick conquest on and play it exactly how I feel like at that time, it's great.
  • I kind of liked Squad Conquest, but getting a win was torture. Really shows off the lack of balancing. It's just not a good public mode, I can imagine clans loving it.

I think the maps are lacking just because by the time I really bothered with BF1, the DLC maps were starting. BF4 had the Second Assault maps early on and didn't really work until six months in anyway. I'm dreading this staying on the same rotation with a slow drip of additions as well.

@Sparky: It's OK, terrible population and a bit of a step back in lag, but there's co-op and battle royale coming.
  • I'm still loving it, it's very moreish. Played a bit of Squad Conquest earlier and had a blast.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I call it Conquad.
  • My one day experience of squad conquest was, two games of full teams that were very competitive, then two games of people dropping out at the end of rounds and them not being replaced.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message

Looks like good fun. £17 on CD Keys if anyone's interested. I've been meaning to get on the MP but Apex Legends got in the way, I'll rectify that at the weekend.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Looks alreet that. I've still got about 9 hours of my trial left, hopefully I can use it to have a bash.
  • Initial yootoobers reactions are that its comparable to Pubg but it works. 
    Quite a few 'battlefield moments' etc...
    The loot pickup is a pain in the ass when you kill someone with lots of kit on them though so be warned. 

I'll give it a go but it's not my thing.

Edit
    And BTW there's no swapping of attachments on your guns, they are WWII and not modular, you pick up tiers of weapons with sites etc... Already on them.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Conquest is an incredibly pointless cluster fuck. Map too big, too many players. No ebb and flow, no direction to it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I literally can't fathom how I can be better than most of these players. It's the first time I've played the game, I don't know the map, the controls or have a sight on my gun, I'm running around like a headless chicken and being killed as much as I kill the enemy yet I'm coming 4th out of 16 on my team?

No wins from four games, I guess I'm always on team moron.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Dunno what it is about the recent BF games but they just feel off to me. Don't like the visuals either, tbh.
  • Conquest is an incredibly pointless cluster fuck. Map too big, too many players. No ebb and flow, no direction to it.

Give breakthrough a go, or front lines. There's more direction to them.

I really like this game, it's the most fun I've had in BF since BC2.
  • I literally can't fathom how I can be better than most of these players. It's the first time I've played the game, I don't know the map, the controls or have a sight on my gun, I'm running around like a headless chicken and being killed as much as I kill the enemy yet I'm coming 4th out of 16 on my team? No wins from four games, I guess I'm always on team moron.
    Btw the way you can put any sight you want on any gun as soon as you want. No unlocks to grind for like in past games except performance I.e. recoil, fire rate etc...
  • Well nothing above a 3x scope on any rifle bar the snipers.
  • @I_R
    New map in.... May. 
    Fucking May.
    Jesus Christ. 

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-5-updates-roadmap-march-2019

More maps coming but much later in the year. 
    But in the meantime we are getting more Combined Arms and some temporary game modes. 
    Picardfacepalm.gif
  • I'd let loose a huge sigh of relief if they even chopped up random sections of the Firestorm map and randomly plonked conquest flags on it. At the moment 5 shit new conquest maps are better than none.
  • Seems as bad as it could have been. Unless the BR mode takes off, the game will be a ghost town by the time the Pacific maps arrive. Seems like DICE really couldn't cope with Battlefield and Battlefront.
  • No way it's going to takeoff. 
    I posit most BF players want BF, there's enough free BR out there for those BF players that want it. 
    Which also means there's enough free BR out there that people won't be shelling out for this one.
  • It's hard to tell, because BR isn't my cup of tea. The youtubers stopped talking about it very quickly though. Weak road map and Firestorm in the same week wasn't great marketing either of course. It is hard to imagine loads of people shelling out for it.
  • Ay, the YouTubers liked it but they weren't as gushing or as excited as they were when apex dropped. 
    And for me, watching the gameplay videos, it's a less janky PUBG with destructibility. Nice but nothing particularly new for the genre. 
    I don't think it will make for particularly exciting streaming either.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Ay, the YouTubers liked it but they weren't as gushing or as excited as they were when apex dropped. 
    And for me, watching the gameplay videos, it's a less janky PUBG with destructibility. Nice but nothing particularly new for the genre. 
    I don't think it will make for particularly exciting streaming either.

They were paid to be there for Apex though, that's where the marketing budget went.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The problem for me is that I don't think the BF gunplay is all that anymore. That rush became the worst mode grates too. Its just a shadow of its former self.
  • It was a shmick trailer and could be alright playing a BR game with super high production values. But this BF came out way too soon after the last one. Will be interesting to see if there's a player base for this once Firestorm is out proper.
    Wouldn't surprise me if BF appears on PS Plus or Gold soon after to drum up players.
  • Had a go on that there BR Firestorm mode. It's BF, but like BR. The map seems too big for only 64 players.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Is it today? Might have a crack later, providing the trial will allow me.
  • I suppose this means yet another massive download...

*sigh*

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Looting/inventory management is supposed to be awful. Will feel even worse coming straight from Apex.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!