theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Admitedly it was the afternoon but I went on earlier and of the 1000 servers returned by the search only the first 200 had anyone in them, and of that only 100 ish had what looked like a game going on.

I think the only way we'll be able to get this to work is pile in together and hope the number attract the browsers and the quickmatchers. There's obviously some tipping point where quickmatch puts you in, obviously quickmatch isn't going to put you into an empty room. I'm guessing that's why the 5v5 game we were having didn't get people in either.

I've changed the server description to be less confusing, and hopefully attract more people. I'm starting to think though that unless we can figure out how to get players in it's going to be a bit of a waste of time/money. Maybe change it to a mixture of gametypes?
  • I think if we have a longer-term server though perhaps we'll be able to invite people to favourite it if they like it (both in server message or even via PM if they're decent team players). It might even attract some people to the forum.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I could add "remember to favourite" to the description somewhere.
  • The French underground is kind of eerie ON YOUR OWN.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    O, I forgot to say last night, I won't be playing this anymore when Paul's on the other team. He has enough of my dogtags.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sorry about that. I'm an arsehole.
  • You guys on this tonight? I wouldn't mind joining in if thats ok?
    Xbox/PS3/Wii U: Enragedwhale
  • Don't know if I'll be on tonight, but feel free to join if you see me on any time.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'm going to try and get on, give this server another bash see what happens.
  • Ghost town last night, Mod, pages upon pages of ghost towns in fact.

Which reminds me, I got booted from The Yorkshire Server last night, presumably after I beasted an admin four times in as many minutes, talk about turning on your own kind.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Another mixed bag. We should have left after our first triumph against that clan, the lag in the next game was laughable. 

I think I'll be playing much more TDM in future, I found that much more relaxing not having to carry the K/D people last night. Sad days.
  • I enjoyed our couple of games. Was good fun, never really played tdm on bf3 before
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    TDM is fine but it can really show the lag up much more than objective based. You basically cannot win (or go positive) if it's badly against you.

That might be where having a server we can kick yanks from would shine. Dunno.
  • I hate to say it but CoD does the whole TDM much better. 60fps makes a world of difference to the pace of the game type, Frostbite 2 just cannot keep up. Patchy netcode and a breaking framerate does not an enjoyable experience make. Having said that, I was liking my time with the M26 Mass.
  • DICE have tweeted today that official servers are back up, I'm still trying to work out whether I care or not.
  • Come now, surely a black knife or unique dog tag is top of everyone's wish list, rather than, y'know, official servers, balanced weapons, no glitches, stable netcode, an M26 Dart fix, no tac light, tank buff, reduced suppression...
  • That was OK. I'm beginning to think TDM is the core game mode in this. It's the only one that seems to work as intended.

Could do without the 500 ticket nonsense though.
  • Catharsis kicks in after a game or two and, lag willing, you can begin to enjoy it. Theatre mode needed to convey the awesome of a twin sniper knife takedown on Tehran though. Hate to say I was even enjoying Metro towards the end, shame about the freeze.
  • Finally got around to logging in here.

Who wants a few games of this later tonight?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Who the fuck is that?

I might have a pop on this tomorrow night if the Crafting of Mines doesn't keep me away.
  • Tonight is the new tomorrow
  • Battlefield Premium to cost £35

Price listing on a fairly minor on-line shop doesn't seem like a great source, but I won't be buying it anyway. Seems like a hard sell for most people, players will have either bought Back To Karkand already or received it for free and Close Quarters won't integrate into existing play-lists. The other maps seem a long way away.
  • Fuck that. Did they ever get this game working properly anyway?

I presume not

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    We should boot this up again. See if anything has improved.

I didn't renew the server btw, obviously. Didn't seem worth it as nobody joined and trying to manage it and play was a pain. But speak up if you feel different
  • I'm guessing by the lack of activity in this thread, it's a no.
    Dice really need to get their online shit together for the next gen.

regards

g.man
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It's a shame but it's hard to look at anything and say they did it better in BF3 than BC2. I wonder if the PC experience is any better?

I'd suggest going back to BC2 but with 4 or so of us together there was almost no challenge, I dread to think what the standard of play would be like now.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    30 weeks on the chart and it actually rose a place from 9 to 8 this week.

30 weeks of "we'll fix it soon, honest". Fucks sake.
  • It's a real fucking shame.

regards

g.man

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!