PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Tru' dat...
  • Did you ever play it on PC Moto, and if so was it any better?

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    No I didn't bother, I enjoy MP mainly for the social side of it and all my mates are on 360 though saying that even this appears to be drying up...
  • Been playing steadily through the OP missions just now. Just finished the bombing run. Its on my finishing by the hour list. 
    Would happily play some MP - been meaning to jump on with @daviedigi but had D I Y to do.
    got mine on the PS3 chaps.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Fuck that. Did they ever get this game working properly anyway? I presume not g.man

works amazingly well on ps3 g, but this forum has hardly any players so greatness aint reported so much.
    loads on twitter though and irl.
    even getting fr's from yankys after tearing them up!

if you really are a battlefield fan then you really should try it on ps3 and give it the love it deserves.
    (not aimed directly at you g) 

I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Been playing steadily through the OP missions just now. Just finished the bombing run. Its on my finishing by the hour list.  Would happily play some MP - been meaning to jump on with @daviedigi but had D I Y to do. got mine on the PS3 chaps.

fifa monday tonight but i got all week (cept thursday afternoon) free so il be on after midnight with a few others if you want to join/ want an invite?

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Fuck that. Did they ever get this game working properly anyway? I presume not g.man
    works amazingly well on ps3 g, but this forum has hardly any players so greatness aint reported so much. loads on twitter though and irl. even getting fr's from yankys after tearing them up! if you really are a battlefield fan then you really should try it on ps3 and give it the love it deserves. (not aimed directly at you g)  I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!

Davie, it's got nothing to do with the PS3 or 360 (or PC).

Go have a look on the Battlefield forums you'll see people complaining about the same issues across all platforms, it's just you'll see more complaints from 360 players because they're massively in the majority.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    in that case im blaming either........

people with small pipes.........moaning cunts get bigger pipes and stfu.

or folks who play but have torrents and/or whatever else running on there pipes eating in to there bandwith.

i only say this cos if my gf goes on facebook while im playing, its fucked for me.

otherwise iv not had any problems that weren't my own.
    edit: since last patch.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It's got very little to do with broadband speeds either.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    il take your word for it, but even a friend of mine (parkz8888) cant play while his gf's on facebook and hes on 50mb,
    regularly gets around 43-47mb. (virgin with tivo and shiz).

i find it strange is all.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    had to post them

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/30/report-battlefield-3-premium-service-costs-50-one-time-incl/
    Reports of Battlefield 3's "Premium" service just got a lot more official looking, with a fact sheet leaking out of Germany containing lots of details. The service apparently costs $50 one time and includes a variety of content, including access to the five released and upcoming Battlefield 3 expansion packs, two weeks of early access to said packs, and "a host of unique in-game items not available anywhere else."

That, however, is where the "interesting" part of this ends, and the "pretty gross" part begins. Beyond the DLC access, Premium members are said to get "access to powerful new features." What features might those be? "The ability to reset stats" is listed, but so is "queue priority into servers," which means exactly what it sounds like. As in, "pay for this service and get into servers faster than the rabble."

The fact sheet reconfirms what we saw leak out of the EU PlayStation Blog earlier today – Battlefield 3 "Premium" is expected to launch alongside the "Close Quarters" DLC on June 4 across Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Head past the break to see the full sheet.

Update: EA tells Joystiq, "Looks like the excitement for Battlefield Premium cannot be contained. For details, please visit Battlefield.com on June 4." We'd suggest you check out Joystiq.com on June 4 as well. Just a guess.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    But it's only 4000 MS points.

I'd rather buy you all a copy of Monday Night Combat.
  • I will take it.

Also, die EA.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ooh Monday Night Combat... Is that still populated? I totally forgot about it, was great fun. 

Also, LOL.
  • I don't suppose it's going to cause too many problems for us these days anyway, I wouldn't be happy if I was paying for a server though. Easy to imagine it getting messy when the game starts to wind down and server numbers get cut.

Remember when DICE were cool?
  • This game is some sort of shark jumping moment for the industry, or at the very least FPSes.
  • It does seem like the sort of set up EA have wanted all generation, they've just never quite had the game to do it with. Remember Burnout: Paradise being touted as a platform, the community was gone before EA managed to start charging them for things they didn't know they needed that time.

Ghost Recon has Ubisoft's UPlay thing attached, no doubt that's going to morph into their attempt at Origin if they get the chance. I do fear what's coming next, Bungie should be coming to save us, but it's hard to see it getting any better when they're published by Activision.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i wrote something here and it was so small i removed it.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    We are not enforcing this symbol. Instead, the “§” is a manual optional flag you can set if you are a server admin and want players to know you are running custom rules.

Bra fucking vo.

Jet & helicopter ECM Jammer should now deflect missiles more reliably when it is active.

More jet/chopper buffing

Adjusted the helicopter rockets to their original prepatch damage value against armored vehicles. This is a reduction; a revert of a knock on effect that was introduced accidentally.

Finally

The rest of it reads like they're steadily making every gun perform the same.
  • Well, with that announcement, I think this game is pretty much dead to me. I may return to Halo or I may keep an eye out for whatever is coming next that the forum massive will go to. Anything I should consider?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think it's all quite depressing on the multiplayer horizon isn't it?
  • Very.

That list pretty much sums up how much DICE have lost their way. Let's add mega recoil to the guns, now let's reduce it, let's add mega suppression, now let's reduce it. No footsteps in since launch, let's add them them in 2-3 patches down the line, audio glitch since launch, 2-3 patches later it is acknowledged.

Forgive them for rushing it to launch as was EA's want, but now it's still a shambles months down the line. Biggest gripe that kills it is the hit detection and the netcode, which is of DICE's own doing and will not be solved.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I wasn't really expecting much else, this team seem pretty stuck on keeping the over all game design very much as it was at launch and tinkering around a lot with weapon balance. It's sad after BC2, there seemed to be much more willingness to radically change things, especially when they were obviously broken. Hello lock on weapons and M-COM placement.

The patch is very close to E3, I wouldn't be surprised if the CQ DLC became available on the PS3 during a Sony or EA presentation.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Are the BC2 servers still pretty full? We should all give it a go one night.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    @IR

That's nice for them.

I/We gave it our best shot with the server rent but it seems every time I've played for months it's been more frustration than fun.

Halo it is then.

Or BC2

Or MNC
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sad times for Team Awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!