The Battlefield Thread
  • :(

I've actually been quite enjoying this recently.
  • Back to BC2 sounds like an idea.
  • ...and I got rid of my copy of BC2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    pabloamigo wrote:
    ...and I got rid of my copy of BC2

I won't ever get rid of my copy, Its getting buried with me.
  • I'd got as far as uninstalling, but I'll never part. It kind of feels like admitting defeat by going back, but it is the better game.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    We need something, I miss the fun of playing in a great team but bf3 just doesn't do it anywhere near as well as BC2 does. BC2 is by far and away my favourite ever MP game and it seems nothing will be changing that in the foreseeable.
  • Had a go of BC2, still plays pretty sweetly, but it's a wasteland. Got up to 8 v 8 at one point in three or four games, but there was a lot very imbalanced games with less than five players between both teams.

Also, the last BF3 patch went down so badly at their official UK forums (not Battlelog, the old ones), that EA shut them down today.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sigh....the bleakness continues. 

We need a game, are you sure the net code on Ghost Recon is crappy and wasn't just a beta issue?!
  • Took a punt on this last night after trying to get an mp game on OG Modern Warfare. I must of missed the memo that said you couldn't anymore. Lasted about 5 minutes on Max Payne mp prior, one game of emptying clips into guys no scoping me with light fifties was enough.

Found many more DICE servers, first two CQ games ran really well, MVP2 and MVP, but a lousy third on Rush with woeful teammates and one particular laggy UK opponent had me reaching for the dash, the fourth game of TDM reinforcing my retreat.

GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Sigh....the bleakness continues.  We need a game, are you sure the net code on Ghost Recon is crappy and wasn't just a beta issue?!

I've not had any probs with it since the first couple of days , the co-op ( I've not tried yet ) should be great especially when you're all lined up to take a man out all the same time and see the consequences if you don't get it right . You can play how you want - stealth or guns blazing but there are a couple of parts where you have to go stealth
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Sigh....the bleakness continues.  We need a game, are you sure the net code on Ghost Recon is crappy and wasn't just a beta issue?!
    I've not had any probs with it since the first couple of days , the co-op ( I've not tried yet ) should be great especially when you're all lined up to take a man out all the same time and see the consequences if you don't get it right . You can play how you want - stealth or guns blazing but there are a couple of parts where you have to go stealth

same here,
    co-op is most excellent.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Something new in that video called Aftermath that hasn't been announced before. Also I noticed a mobile artillery vehicle and a plane that looked like a troop carrier of some sort.
    I must try and play this again some day.
    I didn't dislike this as much as I disliked BC2 when that first came out.
    A friend showed me some old BF2 features and what not the other day. Why do DICE seem to go backwards and remove innovative features rather than build open them in subsequent games?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Video removed by user...

Was it good?
  • Not really, there were a couple of flashes of things we hadn't seen - cover type art for the last couple of DLC packs, a tank heading down a wide open desert highway in Armoured Kill and a vehicle selection screen with a couple of self propelled artillery pieces.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I might fire BF3 up today, missus is at work and I'm at a loose end for a few hours...
  • Right, I fucking give up trying to finish the single-player of this buggy piece of shit. Second time I've reached the 'Rock And A Hard Place' mission, second time it has corrupted my save, leaving the only option to start the whole mediocre thing again. Is it worth reaching the end? By some miracle is there a worthy level hidden away in this mess?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    No.
  • I did enjoy the level that starts with the shootout in the underground car park, then later to the offices, but that's mostly down to aesthetics.
  • Last night wasn't too bad, any concerns about lag were overshadowed by the sporadic framerate drops. It really felt like the engine was straining, I've a feeling Frostbite 2 will work better on consoles next gen.
  • The update is out. 2.38GB for maps that I'm not buying is a bit of a blow.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Don't forget the two week early access if you buy the Premium bundle only applies to PS3.

Idiots.
  • I am sort of tempted now they have sorted the guns out.
    Re CQB maps.
  • I thought they'd pretty much put the guns back to how they were before (like before, before). Certainly the Famas gets buffed again according to the notes.
  • Bloody hell buffed in what category? The mag size was reduced which actually makes a difference. But have they messed with rof and accuracy again?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    ohhh updates.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Ok they are reducing some accuracy nerfs slightly. They have left the guns I use alone.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Don't forget the two week early access if you buy the Premium bundle only applies to PS3. Idiots.
    You still get it two weeks before the other 360 and PC players. 

That's maybe even more idiotic.
  • You lot still using your own server?

A bunch of people I work with got a server; #boomtown

Tends to fill up most nights and we swap between conquest and rush. You're all welcome to join and we try not to break up squads if we're balancing the teams, but it is sometimes unavoidable.
  • YOU WILL BUY BATTLEFIELD PREMIUM.

No, I'm good thanks, I've paid my £40, think I'll stick there.

AH, BUT WE'LL MAKE IT AN ORANGE MENU OPTION AGAINST ALL THE WHITE, YOU WILL BUY.

No I'm not 12, I can resist your obvious colour ploy.

YOU CANNOT RESIST, WE HAVE MADE IT SO ANYBODY THAT KILLS YOU HAS 'PREMIUM PLAYER' ON THEIR GAME CARD.

Well more fool them.

ERM, CAMO OPTION IN WEAPON MENU?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!