Doctors Muzyka and Zeschuk won't see you now - Bioware duo depart.
  • They aren't many development companies left where I can just-about-recollect the names of the actual people behind them.  Bioware used to be one. But no longer. Because Ray & Greg have left.

drblog.jpg

I used to like Ray & Greg. They made fantastic games like Baldurs Gate & KoToR.  Shaped my gaming sensibilities for years.  Absolutely epic games.  The likes of which we'll never see again.  Even titles like Jade Empire, whilst never reaching the heights of its illustrious forbearer's, still paid deference to their plot mechanics.  You know when you'd been Biowared, when Ray & Greg where there.

Even when Dragon Age hatched after an extremely long gestation period only to ultimately disappoint, I kinda forgave them because, you know, it was Ray & Greg.  These were the guys that put an obituary for one of their fellow devs who died during the making of Baldurs Gate 2 in the inside cover of the instruction manual for christ's sake.  It was obvious that they were quintessentially nice guys.  Who went onto make Mass Effect.

Greg's resignation blog does however make for a startlingly bizarre and surreal read:

"After my departure I’m going to be spending significant time with family and friends, as well as pursuing some personal passion-driven projects related to craft beer. The main project I will be working on is a web-based interview show called The Beer Diaries where I interview notable brewers and showcase their beers. If things go well, I’ll work on other beer-related shows, apps and projects. If not, I’ll have drunk a lot of tasty beers"

Please raise a glass to Ray and Greg then.   And let's recall our favourite Bioware  Ray and Greg moments....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • The Collyer brothers are still at Sports Interactive aren't they? That's the only 'people behind the company' that I can recall right now.
  • We all agree their five year contract with EA ran out and they're both fucking off to spend their millions, right?
  • On lots of beer apparently.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!