Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Admin said:

Nick said:

I'm gonna make a SL1 build. Let' co op mang.

I'm rocking an SL1 build, currently down by Queelag. Let me know if you want some jolly co-op.

I'm sitting at the bonfire in BT, I wouldn't mind some jolly co-op for the boss if it's happening. I'll farm some green titanite in the mean time. Where do you get the ring that increases item drops?
  • Admin said:

Nick said:

I'm gonna make a SL1 build. Let' co op mang.

I'm rocking an SL1 build, currently down by Queelag. Let me know if you want some jolly co-op.

I'm sitting at the bonfire in BT, I wouldn't mind some jolly co-op for the boss if it's happening. I'll farm some green titanite in the mean time. Where do you get the ring that increases item drops?

Sens I think.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fuck. I need plenty of green tite to make a Devine weapon to get to the smith in the Catacombs and then a load more to make a fire axe for Sen's. Grindage it is.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    just beat BED OF FUCKING CHAOS!!!

i feel better now.

can anyone tell me the order it goes with meeting onion knight to get the slab?
    so far iv met him at sens, anor londo, firelink, ....i think thats it...though i think i also met his daughter somewere.

psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    For Davie: [spoiler]He's at the bottom of Blighty too, and Lost Izaleth later, but he snuffed it there for me. His daughter is in the archives outside if the crystal caves. She's trapped in the golden golem[/spoiler]

No peeking.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    cheers paul.

• Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Sir Curtis does not recgonise this thread's authority.  =p

I was thinking about replaying Witcher 2, but then i had a better idea of replaying this with a Witcher Geralt lookalike. Two swords. No shield. Limited magic. Wanky clothes/armour.

Maybe...
  • We expect a full YouTube recording of your run through
  • daviedigi said:

cheers paul.

Davie, get thr wiki open while you do it. It's possible to fuck up the order and not get the slab. And I think it can be fucked by answering the wrong way, doing things in the wrong order or by speaking to the daughter too many times.

It's fiddly enough that wiki checking is worth it. That slab is well handy, unless you want to farm darkwraiths for a week.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Right I'm back at the Blighty bonfire after making my Devine Battle-axe of skellington smashing +3, beasting down to the smith and forging my Hand Axe of Flaming Excellence +1 before Homeward Boning back out of there. It's odd that the Catacombs felt harder on the way back than it was going in.

Cloranthy ring get, I'm gonna farm more green tite and try to improve my gear before taking on the bitch tomorrow night. SL1 is more fun that my original playthrough so far, it makes you concentrate on every encounter. Loving it, but how I'm going to do Centipede Demon and a few others is worrying me a tad.
  • Firesage and Centipede down.

Found a locked, big door with some bugs.  Guess this is a shortcut I need to open from the other side. 
    Also found a large area of lava with Solaire.

Now to go past that horrible area with the 4 ceiling bug things that break your weapons.  Think I'll switch armour and weapons this time.

• @paul: It's not too bad. 1. Make sure you make a fire weapon +5 before hitting sens. 2. Make sure to take down Stray Demon in Asylum before going through to AL. (For making a +5 lightning weapon). 3. As soon as you can, probably at the top of sens, get a balder shield and +5-10 it. 4. Upgrade pyro as much as possible, and get great combustion and great fireball from the chick in blighty. Between Pyro and the lightning handaxe, you won't have trouble doing damage to anything. Then it's just a matter of dealing with a few heavy attacks from bosses.

@mrsmr2: yeah, you can open that door early if you give 30 hume to the daughter of chaos and then you save solaire and can co-op with him later, but otherwise, you open it from the other side. Just kill the tourus demons on the way to those bugs, then just run in and get the loot and homeward bone it. They're not worth fighting, unless you have powerful arrows.

• Ta.  So, the route past the ceiling bugs is to get loot, not the way out?
  • Correct. Large flame ember, from memory. If you've not opened up the shortcut, you just have to beat the boss behind the fog door.
  • Oh, durr. firesage and centipede down. As you said, so yeah, just crack on through Lost Iz, it's quite small really. Enjoy Bed of cunts.
  • Just got the plat for this, took me about 2 hours on NG++ to get from the start to beat siff and through to Anor londo. And also S&O taken care of to, Now on to a new build me thinks after a little break from the game.
  • Nice work. it is amazing how quick the game is when you know what you're doing.

It's funny though, I'm still quite a completist. I can always get to blighty quickly on first playthrough, but I like so much stuff in there, and always want the ninja gear for the bottom and for lightness, so I always just crack through it. Discovered also that you can actually see the damage you're doing if you use arrows on the big spider from outside. Also discovered that it somehow doesn't like poison. Shot it and left it.

I should also mention that I Took down both capra and gaping on first goes and neither of them actually touched me. Very satisfying. Capra basically let me do 2 handed drop attacks. Very handy, as I've been carrying around 9 humanity in the top left for the whole time. The good thing with that, which I totally forget, is that it improves your resistances. makes a massive difference to what you can take from the curse frogs.
  • I wish I could find the time to play this game at the moment. Between BSG, PC Gaming, Awesomenauts, Trials, work, sleep, cinema, meeting friends, playing piano, playing guitar, reading and twiddling my thumbs this isn't getting a look in at the moment.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Facewon said:

daviedigi said:

cheers paul.

Davie, get thr wiki open while you do it. It's possible to fuck up the order and not get the slab. And I think it can be fucked by answering the wrong way, doing things in the wrong order or by speaking to the daughter too many times.

It's fiddly enough that wiki checking is worth it. That slab is well handy, unless you want to farm darkwraiths for a week.

fuck....
    i think i fucked it up ...remembering back there were a bit were there were all them yellow things with all the legs and the teeth on top and he sacrifised himself to let me run away...even though i followed him and killed them all...i think he still died.
    no way to get the slab now?
    or is there another?

• Tempy said:

I wish I could find the time to play this game at the moment.  work, sleep, reading and twiddling my thumbs

Pruned off the fat for you.

I've basically ditched all other games for it.
  • daviedigi said:

Facewon said:

daviedigi said:

cheers paul.

fuck....
    i think i fucked it up ...remembering back there were a bit were there were all them yellow things with all the legs and the teeth on top and he sacrifised himself to let me run away...even though i followed him and killed them all...i think he still died.
    no way to get the slab now?
    or is there another?

Ok, if he's dead, then yeah, it's gone. You get one for beating stray demon, and it's a rare drop from the darkwraiths in New Londo.

rare, but not impossible, mind. I got one the other day, but it was after 40+ attempts at 4k on my sl10. If you haven't done stray, and that'll be the only slab you get, choose wisely. I'd strongly suggest a +5 lightning weapon over a +15 normal, unless you're big into weapon buffing with resin or darkmoon blade or somesuch. 
  • Facewon said:

Pruned off the fat for you.

I've basically ditched all other games for it.

Fair enough, I feel guilty buying shit and not finishing it. And then I have three builds on Dark Souls, none of them finished.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i used the one from stray demon for my lightning spear like a douche.

guess its either farm the darkwraiths or get in an infinite loop of challenge final boss and fail.

• The thing with finishing is the game entices you to just wait at the end and not NG+ or ++. I've only just NG+ one of my other builds. And I may soon NG++ my first build, but we'll see.
  • daviedigi said:

i used the one from stray demon for my lightning spear like a douche.

heh. That's what I did on my first playthrough. The hand axe shits on it.

Sorry, shouldn't rub it in. Still, with hornets ring and solid backstab weapon, darkwraiths are pretty easy. Where the gold serpent, cross fingers.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    it has one of the best (imo) cutscene story type things at the start,
    i want to see if theres one as good at the end.

• The Capra Demon is handing me my ass on a regular basis.

Sometime, I don't even get past him before stun lock by the dogs, and then death.

And what with the small space and foliage making the camera a bugger, this is the first fight in the game where I feel like I’m dying because of cheapness, rather than a lack of skill.

• It can feel cheap but he is totally surmountable. What weapons are you using?

The pattern should really be head forward and then immediately roll right, immediately left and you might get hit by the dogs but you should be able to take it on the chin and roll up the stairs. The fight is then either super easy if you can nuke the dogs, or a little tricky whilst you keep Capra at arms length and put the hounds down. You have to be so fucking quick though, time anything wrong and you get chewed up.

On both of my new characters I was bricking fighting him but the technique to put him down is pretty golden once you get on the stairs, didn't die either time. Have you unlocked the shortcut to the right of his lair?
  • heh, good old capra.

Don't let anyone who's nailed him first time tel you that he's easy. He is a fucking cunt. Don't feel bad about it. And it's also one of the bits where the camera defo struggles. It's taken until my 6th build (and 7th time through capra) to get him right.

It really is all about the stairs, and it's all about timing a dodge between capra's first swing and the dog on the left. Once you're up the top of the stairs, you still need a little luck with the dogs, but once they're down, you'll be golden. There's a definite trick to getting up the stairs and having capra below you so you can drop attack him.

(Also might be worth burning one of your gold pine resins as well, he doesn't like lightning.)

• Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound like he is easy, he certainly isn't. But the technique does work and due to the close quarters I find it one of the more 'predictable' fights once you've got past that ridiculous opening gambit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!