Dark Souls
  • Fucking bone wheels man.
  • Ha.

Finally made it out of the painted world. Went back to Sens (cos screw Dragonbow archers) and got the lightning spear. Sad to see it outdamages my Halberd +5 which I've been using for ages. Would have made a few things a bit easier/quicker recently.
  • So I’ve reached the Irithyll Valley place in DS3 and absolutely loving it. Since I’ve got my teeth into it I haven’t found it too difficult yet, although that doesn’t mean I haven’t had my arse handed to me numerous times.

The hardest fight so far for me has been the Old Demon King-he was incredibly tough but oh so satisfying to defeat!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Now at O&S. Failed a couple of times but it's not too bad. First time I've killed hammer dude first but had no estus left so one hit from super spear dude and that was it. No idea who is who - just like Ant & Dec.

Problem with going for hammer dude first is that it's easy to eat a spear strike which you can't see coming through the body, so that burned through a lot of estus. One thing I've never liked about Souls is the auto rotate camera - you have to be locked on to have the shield in place, otherwise the camera will show you were you are going rather than what is behind you.

I've got Eagle Shield +10 (didn't even know shields went that high until reading through this thread), and Halberd +10.

Being sad, I've been reading through this thread from the start. I can see when I started playing the PC version I also commented how I found it harder than PS3. I can see I also died to Gaping Dragon for the first time back then. So it's PS3 0 deaths, PC 2 deaths to Gaping.

Also bought Bloodborne in the sale - now that is a completely different play style.
  • O&S - had a couple more goes with spear dude but failed so went with tried and tested hammer dude pillar trick.

Might have killed Vamos though, eek. Aggro'd him and he followed me into the bonewheels. Need to go and see if he's still alive in case I want another fire weapon.

EDIT: Vamos dead. No more fire weapons for me then.
  • Felt really sorry for Sif. With Stone Armour, Eagle Shield +10, poise ring, and lightning halberd +5 he couldn't do a thing to me, while my hits took off a decent amount of health. Certainly different to my first run at him on PS3 when he almost one-shotted me some attacks.

4 Kings humbled me though. No tanking there so went back to light armour, grass crest shield, and double handing.

Seath and DLC to do now.
  • Sanctuary Guardian and Artorias down. Got annoyed trying double handing with Artorias, one mistake and he can just combo you to almost death. Went with Eagle Shield which was enough to absorb a couple of hits that would have knocked me over before and it was a lot easier.

First time I've met Kalameet and I was melted.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I love that after all these years, there are players experiencing this game for the first time. The DLC tales make me want to go back because i probably only cleared them once with my main. Its so long ago, i barely remember.

Yes, Kalameet is a cunt!
  • After a bit of Bloodborning I've returned to finish this off.

Made a Black Knight Halberd +5 and the damge it was doing to Manus was so much better than my Lightning Halberd +5, bet it was 3 times the amount of damage per hit. Nearly killed him first time with this weapon as well - just needed one more hit. Obviously, then took me another 10 goes or so to finally do it.

Kalameet wasn't too bad, probably 3 attempts.

Then I had a load of trouble with Gwyn. Decided to cheese it by making a Dragon Crest shield +5 to negate the fire damage.

Still an amazing game.

But, how the hell do you kill the double Sanctuary Guardians? I might have a slim chance if the camera didn't autorate but it's almost impossible to keep track of both of them the way the camera is.
  • And that’s the ‘final’ boss of Dark Souls 3 defeated. What an exceptional game. It has pushed me to the very limits of my gaming skill but has always been patient and fair. The only thing I have left to do is take on The Unnamed King but I have seen his name too pretty much every single hardest DS3 boss list I have ever seen.

Toughest bosses for me were Dragon Armour Bloke and Prince Lothric but managed to get them with perseverance and patience.

Absolutely loved every second of it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Thoroughly enjoyed Jacob Geller's latest video essay type thing, which draws interesting parallels between Dark Souls 3, and the movie, I'm Thinking of Ending Things. It's well worth a watch if you like these sort of things.
    *Spoilers for both of these things obviously.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • I’m going to watch that cause I am too stupid to understand the story of either
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I'll give it a watch later as I adore everything Dark Souls
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Cool vid. I want to play DkS3 now!
  • You should. It's excellent
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I mean.. i've played it all before i just don't have the disc anymore.
  • g.man wrote:
    Thoroughly enjoyed Jacob Geller's latest video essay type thing, which draws interesting parallels between Dark Souls 3, and the movie, I'm Thinking of Ending Things. It's well worth a watch if you like these sort of things. *Spoilers for both of these things obviously.
    Loved that video.
    DS3 defo suffered series fatigue, it was the first I played and it was a truly special gaming experience
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • g.man wrote:
    Thoroughly enjoyed Jacob Geller's latest video essay type thing, which draws interesting parallels between Dark Souls 3, and the movie, I'm Thinking of Ending Things. It's well worth a watch if you like these sort of things.
    *Spoilers for both of these things obviously.

Enjoyed this, thanks for sharing G. I've never been particularly bothered with the 'lore' of the Series, but whenever I read or watch something Souls related, I'm whisked back into that world and want to experience it again.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Found myself watching the Crowbcat comparison of the original Dark Souls and the remaster. I assume the original he used is the PC version because it looks great, sharp as fuck. But the lighting on the remaster is all sorts of fucked, pretty surprising

• Yeah it's fucked eh I never got on with the remaster. I honestly think the move to 60fps lost something for me. Weird. It just didn't feel like the same game to play.
  • I one-bro'd in the remaster all the way down to the Giants, then couldn't find a light source and then lost my save file and then just buried it until I go back again. 

On the same subject, here's my friend Paddy, running a one bro on all of the souls games. 
    It's an amazing achievement. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/PaddyDoesAOneBro/playlists
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • What is a one bro?
  • Guessing maybe a depraved you never level up?
  • I thought that but there is no need to make up a new term for it. So assume it's something else.
  • One bro has been a thing since the game released. Soul level one character.
  • Fine, what is it?
  • IIRC the only character class that starts at actual soul level 1 in Dark Souls is the Pyromancer. It's a really fun run that. Depraved starts at level 5 or something.
  • Ta. So it's a US phrase - One Brothers, sigh. Coined for Dark Souls or was it around for Demon's Souls?

Think I'll stick to SL1, or BL4.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!