The Car thread
  • Have they ever been anything else?
    A few decent Corsas aside they have always been largely shit.

The Vauxhall Zafira is such a depressing car.
  • I think the Lotus Carlton is the exception that proves the rule.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTlbF4XV2gEgcS54_LNbPRh_XTTApQv7tU2SyZ0aeZtnz8E5Tg-
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The Calibra was a solidly sexy underrated piece as well. Mk 1 Astra's and Novas were all crying out for widened wheel arches and looked like poor man's Deltas round our way
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • You do remember the cover star of Metropolis Street Racing I assume

Also PSA = piss-tier is maybe true for certain types of car fan, but I appreciate their approach to car-making. The new Citroen berlingo / Peugeot something / Vauxhall something else (esp. the berlingo) is a great take on a modern family people mover, very practical and cheap to run
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Daewoo were always making cars built on gm platforms do they sell in Aus? Weiner's if that was how the subdivision Mather might still get the same cars

Long gone mate.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I used to sell Vauxhalls.. They made lots of great cars.

Lotus carlton

the VX220

the Astra GSi

The original Nova has a cracking little car.

Used to love me calibra 4x4 turbo and the DTM version

KBypGooQRIS8N8T_CJKveQ?w=1400&h=788&fm=webp&auto=compress&lossless=true&fit=crop&crop=faces

My first ever company car was a 91 Vauxhall Cavalier.. brilliant car.

9198025.jpg

And the vauxhall senator was fab.

Vauxhall%20Senator%20(3).jpg
    The Forum Herald™
  • https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/amp32067039/gemballa-mirage-gt-wrecked-in-manhattan/?__twitter_impression=true

Twat, crashes the car then tries to drive away with body parts of car falling off. 2 videos of crash in link.
  • The twat has history of doing it before, as well. Totalled a Lamborghini on one of those daft celebrity road rallies, smashing it into an innocent van driver.
  • The Queen chat in the other thread reminded me of my Bro's Beetle. I totally didn't realise this interview existed but this car is cool as fuck. He sold it on a few years back but it was quite an achievement. He did things to a beetle nobody had done before, quite the shout in the twenty tens.
    Also if you want to know what I sound and look like basically this.

• Hah, that's pretty damn cool.

Here for just a Thing I noticed. I like that Fully Charged youtube channel with Robert Llewyn. They also have former Fifth Gear presenter Jonny Smith. He's got a channel too, called..

Car Pervert

image1-2-1024x768.jpg

Mate. No. Just no. Let's rethink that one chief.
  • The Ford Forcus RS is no more. Ford have scrapped the RS as a model.
  • Nothing cool about this question, but seemed the most appropriate place. Has anyone had any experience of Halford batteries? I have a work colleague who said steer clear, but our battery has died and we're after a quick fix. Options seem limited atm, just need it running again.
  • Kestla, if you dont want use halfords get AA out to change it for you. You dont have to be a member.

https://www.theaa.com/car-battery

Btw, halford batteries are yuasa batteries rebranded. Yuasa batteries are supposed to be good. So your colleague maybe talking rubbish.
  • Yeah seems like a bit of snobbery there. They likely wont be the cream of batteries but will do most people.

I'm a bit concerned about my battery. I short drive to sainsburys once every 10 days isnt doing it any good.
  • Lovely stuff, cheers both. I did suspect that he'd probably just had a bad experience with the Halfords battery, because general reviews seem fine.

Did not know about the AA - think we use to be a member, or the wife used her dad's membership or whatever, but good to know they're still an option without membership.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Take a longer drive, travelling up and down a motorway/dual carriage way for an exit or two must carry a ridiculously low risk of transmission, keep your roof up if it moves. Whilst it could be  considered "non-essential" it's actually maintenance of your vehicle, which clearly you consider essential as it could be needed in an emergency as well as allowing you to earn a living

edit: @liv
    I suppose I mean there's a massive gap between non-essential and frivolous, and it's completely up to yo if you think you're taking the piss or not
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • My missus car battery is flat. Gonna leave it till next week before i go do a food shop. Jump start it from my car then take hers on food shop run, but down a linger route or two to give the battery a charge. If its flat and wont charge then im gonna call AA to come change it out.
  • @Cocko
    You arent wrong but I worry about over zealous police officers.
    99.9% of officers I think are fine but there is without a doubt a very small percentage of arseholes.
  • I fucking hate people who hit and run.

Sometime last night (narrowed it down to between midnight and 6:30am) somebody parked in the street in front of my MR2 has reversed into it so hard that it’s pushed my car three feet back and into the massive Audi SUV behind. And then they’ve fucked off without leaving a note or anything.

Smashed up both front and rear ends of my car in one go.

First I heard was the Police phoning me this afternoon because the big Audi owner had assumed it was my fault (she hadn’t looked at the front of my car and seen all the rest of the damage …)
  • Cunts.
    At that time and the severity you have to assume they were drunk as well.
  • Yeah, the Police said the same thing.

(The ‘drunk’ part. Not the ‘cunts’ part.)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What a wanker, sorry pops
  • poprock wrote:
    Yeah, the Police said the same thing.

Don't Park So Close To Me?

(sorry pops, hope they get caught)
  • Every breath you take, every bumper you break, I’ll be watching you.
  • Christ, that's a fucker. What a cunt.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • So. The owner of the big Audi mine was pushed into mentioned something earlier, when we met. That her daughter usually parks in the space in front of my car. And her daughter also has a big Audi SUV.

I just walked past with Cooper and sure enough, there it is. With scratches all over its back bumper and silver paint in the scratches. Same silver paint as my car.

Funnily enough, the Police told me to check neighbours cars for any signs of silver paint and let them know. Think I’ll do that.

Might just be a coincidence, but y’know …
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Take pictures!
  • I have. Too dark for it to show clearly, I’ll need to get more in the morning.
  • Audi SUV.
    King of the wankers.
  • This really would be beyond compare if it turns out the damage was in fact inflicted by the daughter of the clown that phoned the police accusing you.
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!