The Car thread
  • The Tuscon manual was a 400 page monster of shit.
  • google wrote:
    The Tuscon manual was a 400 page monster of shit.

Much like the Tucson then?

We've just sold a special edition with the worst 19" rims I've ever seen. The road noise was terrible as was the wind noise from it's oh so aero dynamic styling. Also the worst 6 speed gearshift I've ever had the pleasure of trying to operate.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    The Tuscon manual was a 400 page monster of shit.
    Much like the Tucson then? We've just sold a special edition with the worst 19" rims I've ever seen. The road noise was terrible as was the wind noise from it's oh so aero dynamic styling. Also the worst 6 speed gearshift I've ever had the pleasure of trying to operate.

Your mum is an ugly cunt too, I hear.

EDIT: To clarify, this was a jest. I dont think it's awfully polite to call someone's new car ugly and shit.
  • Sorry fella. I take it all back. It was lovely!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Sorry fella. I take it all back. It was lovely!

Thanks. It cost $35k. 

I love it more than my unborn baby.

I'm joking.

I have the AWD-automatic with 6 speed auto/manual gearbox.

The chrome rims look fine - they're nothing special, but they will take a beating when I take the car into the mountains. It's not a particularly quiet ride, but at the same time, I last drove an '01 Ford Focus 1.4 in England. That was not quiet.

For $35k it was the best bang for my buck and my requirements dictated that for a 4x4, that was decent on gas, came with enough room inside and out to contain snowboards, surfboards and mountain bikes and could handle the mountain/dirt roads that I traverse on a weekly basis.

SO YEAH!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    7ihs90usbe5bjm5dhp6.jpg
  • I dont get it
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You probably don't have the scripts from The Simpsons s1-6 memorised.
  • Doh!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Hmm, image not working now. Never mind, it wasn't that funny to begin with.
  • I've now been driving an automatic in the States longer than a manual in the UK. This, coupled with the fact that in Nevada you can turn right on red lights, means I'm going to drive like an asshole when I come back to the UK in July. Watch out Scotland.
  • I've now been driving an automatic in the States longer than a manual in the UK. This, coupled with the fact that in Nevada you can turn right on red lights, means I'm going to drive like an asshole when I come back to the UK in July. Watch out Scotland.

Nah, you'll make the adjustment fairly easily because:

Roundabouts are better than right turns.

Trust.

I learned to drive over here, then went back to the UK. I then came back over here and now drive like a complete cunt because no one here has any respect for the highway code!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Was it Canyonero?
    Chalmers start bragging about his car and his "superintendant money"
    again, when he notices with horror that his "H" emblem has been
    stolen.

What's the point in having a Honda if you can't show it off?
    -- Perhaps it's best for everybody this way, "Lisa's Date With Density"

Skinner calms him down and says he could find a replacement.  Moments
    later, he finds a blue Hyundai and tries to swipe the "H" from it
    using a screwdriver.  Kearney catches him outside a window in the
    school, and yells at him to get away from his car. Skinner drops the
    screwdriver and he and Chalmers flee.
  • google wrote:
    I've now been driving an automatic in the States longer than a manual in the UK. This, coupled with the fact that in Nevada you can turn right on red lights, means I'm going to drive like an asshole when I come back to the UK in July. Watch out Scotland.
    Nah, you'll make the adjustment fairly easily because: Roundabouts are better than right turns. Trust. I learned to drive over here, then went back to the UK. I then came back over here and now drive like a complete cunt because no one here has any respect for the highway code!

I think we have the only roundabouts in Nevada near our house. You take your life into your hands trying to use them with American drivers. Definitely start becoming a more defensive driver over here. 

That makes me feel better though. I worried about mashing our rental car's gearbox or getting stuck down tiny (normal sized) roads.
  • google wrote:
    I've now been driving an automatic in the States longer than a manual in the UK. This, coupled with the fact that in Nevada you can turn right on red lights, means I'm going to drive like an asshole when I come back to the UK in July. Watch out Scotland.
    Nah, you'll make the adjustment fairly easily because: Roundabouts are better than right turns. Trust. I learned to drive over here, then went back to the UK. I then came back over here and now drive like a complete cunt because no one here has any respect for the highway code!
    I think we have the only roundabouts in Nevada near our house. You take your life into your hands trying to use them with American drivers. Definitely start becoming a more defensive driver over here.  That makes me feel better though. I worried about mashing our rental car's gearbox or getting stuck down tiny (normal sized) roads.

I was given a ford fiesta as a rental car when I first moved over. I crashed it twice!

Yeah, manual driving is hard after 4 years of auto.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    New (to me) car!

WP_000103.jpg

WP_000104.jpg

Not the manliest of whips but I really like it.
  • Very nice Mod.

+1

g.man
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Thanks. It's a really nice drive as well. Not in the engaging sporty sense just a pleasant no fuss comfy way.

The poor little 1.2l needs a cog dropped on hills compared to my 2.0 d Skoda and 1.6 d Mini, but I'll get used to it.
  • Looks good in that colour too Mod. Better than the usual white.

regards

g.man
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, I think the whites, especially the flat ones, are going to look a bit faddy in a couple years.

Tell you what is weird though, the bonnet is so short and so flat I literally cannot see it from the drivers seat. It's like it's not there.
  • Heh, that unnerves me in other peoples small cars. I'm so used to seeing the air intake of a WRX bonnet in my periphery.

regards

g.man
  • Yeah i get the same thing switching between the porky and the ibiza. The porsche has an insanely long front because if the pop up lights.

Nice ine Mod I,m in agreement about the colour, always nice to be a bit different.
  • google wrote:
    How long was your lease for? The loan for my car was .9% interest. It'll be paid off in 5 years, at which point I'll outright own the car. I looked at leasing - the payments were around $50 less a month for the same time period. Now at the end of 5 years I'll own the car and can throw those payments into a Porsche.

3 years, but with a military clause.  We needed it very flexible because I'm technically posted back to the UK in early 2014, and I didn't want 2 American cars to sell.  The lease terms mean I can just march in with a set of military posting orders, toss the keys at them, and leave.

If I end up extending and staying for longer, then I set the lease payments up such that any excess in the final value can roll into a deposit for something else.

Also, your first kid is on its way.  You probably won't get a Porsche.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    One of my neighbours has an immaculate Triumph Stag in white. It's glorious. I'd always had them down as an uglified Spitfire, but I think this one's extremely pretty. They're much smaller than I thought; no bigger than my [racing-striped] Ford Ka, and very low.

Reaffirms my belief that the most beautiful cars belong to the '70s.
  • My school music teacher had a Spitfire.  She called it Delilah.  We used to freak her out by jumping over it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Sounds like a Children's Film Foundation version of Christine.
  • Escape wrote:
    [racing-striped] Ford Ka,

Your what now.
  • g.man wrote:
    Heh, that unnerves me in other peoples small cars. I'm so used to seeing the air intake of a WRX bonnet in my periphery.

regards

g.man

WRX, cool. I used to have one of those then I traded it for an WRX STI. Happy days

I still miss the bonnet scoop when I pootle about in my old man's car now

• Yeah, it's amazing how used you get to the scoop.

regards

g.man

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!