Dave On Demand
‹ Previous12
  • So as I was at a gig, I missed the new episode of Red Dwarf. Having heard about this Dave On Demand thing, I thought I'd jump on there - better to give them views than be a filthy pirate right?

After having to create an account to view (which was odd), I clicked on it, and saw "advertisement" at the top. Ah no worries, I'll sit through a 30 second ad for some shite I don't care about for some Red Dwarf.

No. Programme will begin in 3 minuites. Dave don't really get the internet do they?
  • I was trying to watch The IT Crowd on 4OD last week and had to sit through about 2 mins of ads at the beginning and about 4-5mins in the middle of each episode.  It's just the way it is.
  • 4OD has got much worse then. Last time I used it, I had 10 seconds at the start, and a 30 second ad in the middle. Soetimes, there wasn't even an ad in the middle at all.

I have less of an issue with the bit in the middle to be honest, as I'm already in then, so I'm likely to stay. In the 3 mins, I could probably have found a stream.
  • I liked the new Red Dwarf.

It was just like an old episode, basically the same jokes and everything.
  • @DD : Did you stay to watch?

I thought it was a very promising start. Some good jokes, flimsy plot, dodgy special effects, some wooden acting. All very Red Dwarf.

I actually laughed out loud several times.
  • I was also a filthy pirate about it and watched it in glorious HD.

Downloaded in a couple of minutes too.
  • Piracy! It just fucking works.
  • I thought it was pretty good. Shakey start to the episode (didn't like the Moose conversation) but it just got better and better (with a great payoff to the Moose joke).

I particularly the 'Turn Right' moment!

I hope the rest of the series is this good.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Frosty wrote:
    Piracy! It just fucking works.

Exactly.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Aye, watching it as I'm at the parents.
  • No ads in the middle.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Watching one of the two or three repeats through the week works pretty well too.
  • It's just the way it is.

But if it takes me 5 minutes to download the entire series, why would I spend time navigating a poorly designed website and being forced to watch web ads (which are usually the same ads) over and over again?
  • I have BT and the old BT boxes were great.
    Recently though we've been having problems. Program's not recording, channels dropping for no reason, and poor bandwidth.
    A shoddy service compiled with the Jon recording of Red Dwarf. I was not amused.

I'll be ringin up with a complaint on Monday. Surely this is a reason of termination of contract?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Watching one of the two or three repeats through the week works pretty well too.

I'm out at Hull Fair tomorrow night, not sure when else it's repeated.

Either way, I've seen it now, Dave got a viewing figure registered, so it's all good. I'll just make a note to have a David Mitchel Soapbox or something loaded up next time.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    edit: never mind.
  • I watched the 80s quiz on 4od the other night with t'missus.  Tried to pIrate it first to avoid ads, but couldn't find it. Upon viewing said prog through 4od we had to watch no more than about 12s of ads throughout the whole thing.  Worked well.  Things seem hit and miss, there must be some algorthmical shit going on for the ads, and if there isn't there should be! I'll even write one for them if they can't work one out.

Enjoyed red dwarf.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • That sounds like the 4OD I remember.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I tried to watch Red Dwarf on Dave on Demand and just got a loading circle and nothing else.
  • Circles are good though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    This one is great. I hope there's a break soon, though.
  • Look for the little black and white rectangles in the corner, once they appear you're good to go.
  • I only got as far as the moose conversation last night. I suppose I should give it another chance.
  • That was the peak.
  • Yeah, it was, really.

The three RDX episodes I've seen have all felt roughly series 6 quality; so not great, but it could be a lot worse. Personally, I still feel they should have stopped after series 4.

Really, I would have liked it if this series had the characters age noticeably (beyond the physical age of the actors affecting it), and all go slightly crazy; add a surreal edge to the show, change the humor to reflect where the lives of the writers, cast and viewers are now.
  • krs wrote:
    I only got as far as the moose conversation last night. I suppose I should give it another chance.

I enjoyed the pay off to that.
  • Frosty wrote:
    I liked the new Red Dwarf. It was just like an old episode, basically the same jokes and everything.
    This. All this.

I liked it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't get Red Dwarf.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I like series 1 and 2. It got progressively worse after that.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Frosty wrote:
    Exactly.

The good thing about piracy is that you dont have to watch 2 minutes of adverts only for the content not to load. Fucking 4OD. DICKS.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • AJ_ wrote:
    Yeah, it was, really. The three RDX episodes I've seen have all felt roughly series 6 quality; so not great, but it could be a lot worse. Personally, I still feel they should have stopped after series 4. Really, I would have liked it if this series had the characters age noticeably (beyond the physical age of the actors affecting it), and all go slightly crazy; add a surreal edge to the show, change the humor to reflect where the lives of the writers, cast and viewers are now.

Gunmen of the Apocalypse says
    nickcage.jpeg
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!