Wow, was I wrong
‹ Previous123456711
  • So, it's hard for us to admit sometimes, but we've all been spectacularly wrong at some point in our lives, about any number of things.

Having a moment of self reflection this morning and thinking back to how I've come to think/believe some things and what got me there.

Two things stand out in my mind:

1. Watched the Loose Change doco (the one about 9/11 being an inside US gov job). Was pretty well convinced at the time.

2. Watched a doco on Crop circles, of all things. Which was something I'd never really looked into at the time, but I guess it's the sort of shit I wanted to be true. Again, in the immediate "afterglow" found it convincing. (Although a rudimentary google the very next day pretty much put paid to that.)

et_cropcircle_450_opt.jpg

(3. The Staircase doco. This list now looks like an ode to the problems with video documentaries, but anyway. Interesting doco to watch, very compelling, makes the prosecution look like backwater hicks who just can't get down with the modern world. Except that the guy is guilty as fuck.)

Anyhoo, I am almost too embarrassed to admit that the above duped me, and in semi-recent memory too. Certainly since I've been posting on the forums (maroon room vintage, natch). Certainly though, particularly Loose Change really focused me on understanding how and where to get information and process it. hello critical thinking, and a lot more skepticism from me. (Skepticism as in this, not this.)

So, what have you been spectacularly wrong about?

EDIT: lols, I put it in thw wrong bit of the forum. meta.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Lol, you are even madder than I am!
    Jesus was a Jedi in disguise! I don't have the budget for a full documentary, but hey why let reality get in the way!
    XBL : Xorse
  • Thank you!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    9/11 too. Kinda bought into all that.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I've had too much wine, forgive me Facewon...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    May have thought the Egyptians were an alien race.

Oh yeah Roswell. Fell for that.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Are we saying we were wrong about the 911 conspiracy or what was reported?

I bought into the conspiracy stuff until I showed it to my Dad who is an aviation engineer and he basically explained all the aircraft stuff away.

Unless he was in on it..............
  • Loose Change went the whole there were explosives in the building etc etc. And that it was the US government that did it to justify whateverthefuckiraq etc.
  • Christianity will try and convince you that Jesus was not a Jedi, even though they both rose from the grave! All that really matters is what the person who wants you to believe something believes.... Then question it!
  • The only 911 I like has rear wheel drive.

That's what Bush should have said, that's what Clinton would have said.
  • I've heard a few more convincing than Loose Change, but it's all conspiracy theory, so pointless.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • The theory involving Yale, the Nazis, Nixon, Prescott Bush, George Bush and his time with the CIA, G.W. Bush, the assassination of Kennedy, E.Howard Hunt, the federal reserve and the Reichstag's a good 'un.
  • My Dad dismisses all conspiracy theories... I ask why have the word 'Conspiracy' exists if no such thing should ever happen or takes place. I'm not saying the 9/11 ones are true, quite the opposite... The ones that are true should be far better hidden. paperwork is a dirty word...
  • Ignore the word have... Too much wine...
  • likewise with takes... take.
  • Bugger...
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Does it involve lizards?

Not that guy.
  • I fell for the hat-well theory for a long time, it just made sense but all I found was a g.man looking to head away from the south from where he came.
  • V?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    This thread isn't for me.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Does it involve lizards?

heh, David Icke is amaze.

never been quite this wrong.

liz.jpg

• After seeing Derren Brown I'm much more convinced that JFK may be real... It's possible,.
  • Skerret are you saying... seriously, that you do not wish to discuss Jesus Vs Jedi?
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Off the top of my head, true conspiracies:

- JFK,
    - RFK
    - MLK
    - the Moscow flats bombing
    - Oliver the Spy and the Cato St Conspiracy

Which Kennedys are they again? The one who got assassinated after JFK was particularly murky. Surely we add watergate to the list.

• Skerret wrote:
    This thread isn't for me.

It's one of those smart people threads, im runing back to pictures of burgers and cat-shirts
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've read a David Icke book. It was a tremendous laugh. Highly recommended.
  • Shame on you! Our future depends on people like you taking a stand!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Off the top of my head, true conspiracies: - JFK, - RFK - MLK - the Moscow flats bombing - Oliver the Spy and the Cato St Conspiracy
    Which Kennedys are they again? The one who got assassinated after JFK was particularly murky. Surely we add watergate to the list.

Robert (Bobby).

The third is Dr King.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I always thought that "the US spent millions making a space pen, the Soviets took a pencil" thing was true until recently.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • It was a cool lie, but one one I still quote when needed!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    It's not true, but has served me well many a time during various IT project meetings.
‹ Previous123456711

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!