Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • That "SCP stairwell" game you referred to - is that the one where you walk down the stairs until you're even more bored than you were when you started?
  • Skerret wrote:
    Comments following Slendy game news are promising, bricks to be shat allegedly.  Who's with me?

Make an iOS survival horror go on do it
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I will shit myself with you, yes.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    That "SCP stairwell" game you referred to - is that the one where you walk down the stairs until you're even more bored than you were when you started?
    It's obviously not for everyone.  I've downloaded Slender and will play it tomorrow night as now it's bedtime pour moi.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    Comments following Slendy game news are promising, bricks to be shat allegedly.  Who's with me?
    Make an iOS survival horror go on do it
    I'm giving it serious thought.  Would be very doable in Unity.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Don't know if this has been posted:

http://creepylittleworld.tumblr.com/

Looking through it now.
  • Don't know if this has been posted: http://creepylittleworld.tumblr.com/ Looking through it now.

I like.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Led me to these, which are surprisingly well written for CreepyPasta:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/k8ktr/footsteps/

I'm reading the fifth one now.
  • I read through all the Urban Legends of Snopes. The murdering madmen is my favourite section, I know they're fake, but they never fail to put a chill down my spine. 

Onto a couple of things that have happened to me though:
    Back in my early teens I experienced a rather curious case of deja vu, I know the general consensus is that it's when one eye processes an image before the other eye does, but on this occasion I was sitting in the working men's club and saw a guy going to take his shot on the bar billboards table when it struck.
    The odd part was, that I had seen this moment about a month beforehand in a dream, same person, same place.

I also remember a time working in a kitchen and I saw a person outside a window, I leaned back to look down the hallway to the door leading to the bar and witnessed a person walk in. This wouldn't be strange normally except for the fact the windows in the kitchen were surrounded by a fence so customers couldn't see in. How I saw that person I will never know.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I had many cases of dejarvuu when I was younger but now I just chalk it up to my stupid brain and stupid science not explaining to me exactly what happens.

Although its interesting how you rationalise (sometimes just because thats the 'correct' 'not to look stupid' thing to do) without ever really understanding the event. Always leaves me curious.
  • I had a lot of deja vu as a teenager especially when i was growth spirting.
    Now I only get it when Im really tired, i guess thats why i got it as a teen, using a lot of energy growing.

I think tiredness is a pretty rational explanation for it, your brain is just being a bit slow.

I remember one time it went on for about ten minutes while i was at work, really freaked me out. My manager who was more of a surrogate old auntie wanted to send me home bless her.
  • From the link DS posted.  A couple of shock horror films. Nicely done though. Both around 3 minutes.

• [quote="Sasukekun"The odd part was, that I had seen this moment about a month beforehand in a dream, same person, same place. [/quote]

I always presumed deja vu was just your brain giving you the feeling that you'd seen it before, not that you had actually seen it before.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hadn't seen the mama one but the Fewdio ones are pretty good.   Formulaic in one way but inventive in another.  I like the Candy one and the backseat one.  Intruder one is ruined by the ending.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That Creepy Little World blog has a Killer Klowns montage on it, whut.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Footsteps story and related stories are good, quite enjoy.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I always presumed deja vu was just your brain giving you the feeling that you'd seen it before, not that you had actually seen it before.
    That's all very well and good, but that doesn't explain why I've realised I'm experiencing déjà vu midway through an episode, and known what's about to happen from seeing it happen before.

I'd be very much obliged if somebody could explain to me, in very basic terms, exactly what this SCP stuff is.  You're all apparently very familiar with it, but I'd never heard of it and, now that I have, don't understand it.  I looked at the links on the first page and, frankly I didn't even slightly understand what I was looking at or what any of it is supposed to mean.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's homemade horror stories/other stuff based around the concept of a state organisation whose job is to deal with supernatural thingies. I think. If you're into horror stuff then it's quite interesting. The going down the stairs simulator is quite good unless you're Unlikely.
  • It's shite even if you're not me.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's ok even if you're shite.
  • Oh god what are you me?

Are you everyone?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You am all.
  • You're all shite.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Shite is all.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Unshitely.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    That's all very well and good, but that doesn't explain why I've realised I'm experiencing déjà vu midway through an episode, and known what's about to happen from seeing it happen before.

When I get it, I have definitely seen the events in a dream previously. I know clearly that I have seen it before.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    ... When I get it, I think I have definitely seen the events in a dream previously. I think that I have seen it before.
    Memory is not a sequence of snapshot photos, it's plastic, malleable and totally falsifiable.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory#Memory_Construction
  • Unless you're psychic like me and Matty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I put this on maroonrum ages ago as I thought it was fascinating. This guy claims that John Lennon has been visiting him for 20 years and transmitting songs to him. He claims he was never a musician and he's had to learn everything in order to play the stuff with other people. 

This is the first song he says he 'received'. To be fair, the song is actually quite ok (despite the poor recording).

Maybe this guy is hugely famous by now, I have no idea.
  • I had that Pele game, way way way back in the day.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!