Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • As much as I want to cry bullshit over this, something tells me I wouldn't be brave enough to try this game:

Hitori Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek By Yourself
    Here are the rules if you want to play. Go on. I dare you. Prepare:

*A stuffed animal that has both arms and legs

*Rice

*Fingernail clippers

*A knife, shard of glass, or some sharp instrument

*A needle with a long piece of red thread

*A cup of salt water or Japanese sake

*And you’ll also need to draw a bath

First, you must give your stuffed animal a name. Let’s say you have a teddy bear and you decide to call him Cuddles. Next, you cut Cuddles open and remove all his stuffing, replacing it with rice and a few of your fingernail clippings. After the stuffing/rice transfusion, you need to sew him back up. Use the needle and red thread making sure you have thread left over so that you can wrap it tightly around Cuddles’ body. You know, making him look even more sinister that he already looks.

At three am you take Cuddles into the bathroom and draw a bath. You hold Cuddles in both hands and say out loud, “For the first game I’m (say your name) going to be it.” Say this three times and then drop Cuddles into the water.

Here you’ll want to run around the house turning off all the lights. You’re allowed to leave the TV on, but only if it’s on a static-filled station. Close your eyes and count to ten. When you’re finished, open your eyes and grab the knife (or whatever instrument you have chosen) and return to the bathroom. Say, “I found Cuddles!” and proceed to stab him with the knife.

Congratulations! You won that game.

Note: In Japanese the word for “it” — in hide and seek and tag — is “oni” or “devil”. Knowing that fact makes the next part a little creepier.

Next, you say, “Okay, now Cuddles is it (the devil).” And leaving the impaled teddy bear in the bathroom (either in the water or on the floor) you quickly (yes, the instructions say “quickly”) hurry out of the room and hide quietly (yes, the instructions also say to hide “quietly”). It is very important that whatever you do, make sure you have your glass of salt water or sake with you in your hiding place.

Closets make excellent hiding places. So let’s say you’re in the closet. You remain there waiting and listening. All sorts of strange things are said to happen. Apart from sounds (footsteps and things being moved around) people have reported horrible smells, changes in temperature, and having the TV suddenly switch off or the volume change dramatically. Some reported the sensation of being touched or pulled on, others said that their household pets freaked out (cowered or cried out). Whatever happens, stay hidden for as long as you can or until sunrise.

The ending ritual is extremely important. You can’t just hop out of the closet at sunrise and announce that you’ve won. Let’s say it’s still dark, something has freaked you out and you want to end the game. Take as much salt water (or sake) in your mouth as you can, holding it there while you return to the bathroom. Don’t assume Cuddles will be where you left him. There have been people who find either him or the knife moved or missing entirely. Keep searching until you find Cuddles.

Once you find the bear, spit the salt water (sake) all over him and tell him three times, “I won!” That almost ends the game. As a final precaution it is imperative you burn the stuffed animal you used. Even though the game is over people have posted that they’ve become ill, gotten into some kind of accident, or continued to feel the presence of someone or something.

Oh, and another note of warning is not to play while someone else is in the house. There is the possibility that they will be “found” instead of you. And something terrible will happen to them. You must be alone in the house when you play.
    And no, it isn't because I'd have to burn Mr Squidge.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Fuck that.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yes, it's terrifying, but nothing is going to happen to anyone who does this, as we all know.  Someone do it.  Someone... not me.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • It's not really terrifying is it? It's just a 'How To' on prancing around like a buffoon.
  • I have far too active an imagination to do this shit.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I mean terrifying if it were in fact real which it isn't so I suppose you're right.  I suspect reading the above would be scarier than actually doing it.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Gotchya Skerrett, just like a rice filled teddy bear.
  • Some guy will do it, surely?
  • Whoever does it needs to capture the entire thing on a dictaphone or other recording device, detailing anything and everything that happens (if anything at all), then post it up so we can all laugh at them shiver in horror.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Nothing will happen obviously.
  • That would give the local 'Press' something to put on their front cover instead of the normal nonsense..

EDIT : IF something happens...
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • TBH anyone who does this will forever be labelled a paedo, purely for teddy ownership.
  • Im not going to lie when I started reading I thought it was the Cum Box all over again.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I can't afford the teddy tbh
  • Shame. You'd look lovely in a teddy.

:D

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • This story is shit your bum off scary.

Footsteps
    Footsteps wrote:
    In a quiet room if you press your ear against a pillow you can hear your heartbeat. As a kid, the muffled, rhythmic beats sounded like soft footsteps on a carpeted floor, and so as a kid almost every night – just as I was about to drift off to sleep – I would hear these footsteps and I would be ripped back to consciousness, terrified. 
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @graegrae: I expect I would yes.  Certainly got the shoulders for it, and the thighs.

Teddy%2BBear.png
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    three1ne wrote:
    This story is shit your bum off scary. Footsteps
    Footsteps wrote:
    In a quiet room if you press your ear against a pillow you can hear your heartbeat. As a kid, the muffled, rhythmic beats sounded like soft footsteps on a carpeted floor, and so as a kid almost every night – just as I was about to drift off to sleep – I would hear these footsteps and I would be ripped back to consciousness, terrified. 
    Back one page.
  • Skerret wrote:
    three1ne wrote:
    This story is shit your bum off scary. Footsteps
    Footsteps wrote:
    Back one page.

I got the link of DS but couldnt remember if it was a direct link. Anyway, for those that havent seen it...
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I've seen it and I speak for everyone. The Boxes story was good.  Needs to work on the style but the structure is nice.
  • Something is rotten in the Denver Airport.

Genuine End of Days bunker for the NWO, or someone with a lot of money having a big laugh at conspiracy nuts? Brilliant.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Something is rotten in the Denver Airport.

Genuine End of Days bunker for the NWO, or someone with a lot of money having a big laugh at conspiracy nuts? Brilliant.

blocked at work O_O

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yeah I'd quite like to visit.

Not a thing I ever expected to state about an airport.
  • Second mural has solar flares on, and Quetzalcoatl. Seriously.

Pretty sure it is God Tier level trolling.
  • Picture the face of the casting shop foreman that got hired for the Horse.
  • Actually it was probably dead neutral, because he was a professional.
  • He died when the head fell on him. Allegedly.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's pretty fucking odd Tempy.
  • It is. I don't want to change from Frescojesus but some of those murals are Avatar worthy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!