Pokéthread
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm in, reviews are solid. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. Co-op Sunday is go. Are the Pikachu/Evee brandings just for the box or am I making a main character decision when buying?

Yeah, they're your ever-present buddy so choose carefully.

Not loving that. Pikachu it is then.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I'll probably go Eevee because I'm guessing most will go for Pikachu, and this way my trades will be worth more. B)
    I think I’m going for Pikachu because PIKAPIKA
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Pikachu it is then.

IT BEGINS
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've gone Pikachu. I looked deep down in my soul and realised I just don't care about Eevee at all.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • If you had a choice of any pokemon which would you go for?

Jigglypuff or ma boy koffing would be mine.
  • It’s probably worth pointing out the other exclusives here:

Pikachu: oddish, growlithe, sandshrew (similar to red but sandshrew is in)
    Eevee: bellsprout, vulpix, meowth (so more like blue)
  • Frosty wrote:
    If you had a choice of any pokemon which would you go for? Jigglypuff or ma boy koffing would be mine.

Numel, Blastoise and Farfetch'd are my favourite pokemon.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • £75 for Pika and pokeball.  Seems a bit cheaper than elsewhere all of a sudden?
  • Those fucking dogs from gold/silver that I nearly failed my degree from trying to catch. Suicine or whatever he was called, that’s my boy right there.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    DISPATCHED! Will probably have to get it from the sorting office on Friday though.
  • I had zero interest in the Pokeball until I thought I was getting a deal, which I suppose I was at £75, but dear me I'm such a sucker for a (marginal) discount.  Definitely in now.
  • Frosty wrote:
    If you had a choice of any pokemon which would you go for?

Jigglypuff or ma boy koffing would be mine.

Mr Mime. So random.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yes, but it's not just a Poke Ball controller, it's also a Pokemon Go accessory AND provides exclusive access to Mew so it's VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY ACTUALLY.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Is what I scream at myself when I look in the mirror every night.
  • Wait...

Exclusive access to Mew?!?! What the FUCK?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You can only have Mew in Let's Go if you buy the ball. Can't transfer it from Go on phone.
  • Hopefully my answer to the any Pokémon question is Mew.
  • I've changed my mind, fuck the ball.  Does anyone want a spare one for co-op?  I'm about to cancel and order solus Pika but would sell the ball for £30 if it does someone a turn.
  • Gone, had to change it otherwise I'd forget.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Also bear in mind that the Pokeball Plus only has a the equivalent of A and B buttons, so some quick menu options aren't available to those using it as their main controller.

From the Nintendo Life review of the accessory:
    (T)here are two physical inputs – the analog stick (which can be clicked down for your 'A' button command) and a button on the top which acts as 'B'. With these elements, you can fully control Pokémon Let's Go, although some quick-menu commands won't be accessible due to the lack of the X and Y buttons, so you'll need to spend a little more time navigating menus to accomplish some tasks.
    Problems occur when pressing the analog stick down to accept on-screen prompts and make selections; it's too easy to accidentally push a direction when pushing down and therefore pick the wrong option.
    (Y)ou have to perform a throwing gesture with the Poké Ball Plus, a move which is initially jolly good fun but soon becomes too much like trial and error for comfort. There's often a delay between your motion and the game responding, which isn't ideal when you're trying to get a perfect shot. The other problem is that the device isn't totally accurate, and there are times when a straight-arm hurl turns into a sideways curler.
    Handheld mode – which uses both Joy-Con and allows you to aim and throw using a combination of gyro controls and physical buttons – is far superior, and even a single Joy-Con feels more precise than this.

If you're intent on playing one-handed, a single Joy-Con is the way to go, it seems. (Unless you're super keen on Go as well as Let's Go.) It's also a lot smaller than I was picturing, I was imagining something closer to a tennis ball in size, but this looks closer to a golf ball. Probably fine for kids' hands, but it'll give those of us with adult size mits epic cramp.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    YES BUT MEW.
  • You need to start playing Go if you're going to play Let's Go.
  • I wish my lad was a bit older. :(

I bet some of you nerds had level 100 Pokemon, right? Highest I ever managed was a level 85 or so Infernape who was an absolute animal.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    YES BUT MEW.

I bet you bought the horse armour, didn't you?
    I bet some of you nerds had level 100 Pokemon, right? Highest I ever managed was a level 85 or so Infernape who was an absolute animal.

Nah, never got past about 60 or so. Once I've beaten the Elite Four I tend to move on. Though I've only actually done that in Red, X, and Moon.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I raised Level 100 teams in Generations I, II and VI.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Pretty sure I got a couple of lvl 100 Pokemon, I've also done a bit of breeding, passing on abilities, getting all the best iv's and whatever. I do actually enjoy that kinda stuff, but don't think I ever really got my perfect team. 

Not getting Let's Go as I would want a version with the pokeball controller and I just can't afford that.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Got a red card. At least I can pick it up from the sorting office on the way home tommorow on launch day.
  • Preloaded Pikachu!

Not played since X
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Had a chance to give it a quick half hour bash - early thoughts

*Really appreciate that it has a brisk start for a JPRG, and succinct dialogue
    *Like the fact you're just catching pokemon early, rather than having to battle first.  It's a nice change, at least so far
    *Completely adorable as you'd hope
    *Not sure what to make of the pokeball controller!  It's a little too small; I suspect there'll be a fair bit of hand crampage if you play it for an hour straight.  Also, really needs another button, instead of clicking on the analogue stick as your main button.  It does look wonderful though and feels weighty and well made at least.  Will likely just take it with me when I go on a walk to level up my team.
    *Also not sure on motion controls ie: so far I've got a 'perfect' throw, some 'nice' throws, and some throws that just dribbled along the ground, and I'm not sure what I did differently between them!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I have my copy sat on the side waiting for my kids to have their midday nap. Both are exhausted but fighting sleep. JUST NAP SO DADDY CAN CATCH POKEMEN!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!