myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'll try and get half an hour early to check for you. Should work.
  • Available?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I can come online, gimme a couple minutes to start the thing
  • Cool.
  • Trade link code 8447 7448
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    -- scratch that, searching for yours.
  • Spritzee sorted. It's got 5IVs so should be a beast!

Anything else?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    No I'm good for now, thank you! Gotta grab some food before hunting, I might wanna do a bigger trade session once I'm done with the main game and know what I can actually catch and hatch and what not.

Thanks so much, healer ability might be nice actually!

(and bnb discord might be easier for future trades, if you use it. I can ask Gurt to add a pokemon channel. That way I'd probably figured out earlier that I was searching for local, not online...)
  • Cool. Tbh, I got stuck with 5/6 pokemon.

Yeah, give us a shout if you need another session. That was like old skool Animal Crossing on the GC. Forums still rock lol
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Beat the 8th gym last night. He had some interesting pokémon that I'm sure I can catch / trade after the champions.

Do people still remember what their champion road teams were? So far I've made a new team for each gym, gonna do the same for the elite 4 / Leo (I guess I need to counter his Charizard). Aromatisse will probably stick around for a bit for my fairy choice, but what else will I need? Guess a good rock/ground for that Charizard?

After that it's time to work on my dream team (usually not competition worthy, but just a team I enjoy making as strong as possible). Gonna need Scraggy for that though.
  • Jeez, Nina, you ain’t messing. I’ve only done 2 gyms so far! That’s taken me around 5 hours of play.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I think I was on the 6th or 7th gym when you got it, so I'm not that fast!
  • Think I had (for balance):

Corviknight
    Drednaw
    Mimyku
    Rillaboom
    Arcanine
    Excadrill

If I didn't have Mimyku it might have been Tyranitar.

All been binned since though lol
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm not planning to keep the team, I've made a new-ish team for most of the gyms, just to get some evolutions checked off and to not get too over leveled. 

Think I currently have
    Boltund
    Corviknight
    Dredknaw
    Obstagoon
    Snom (will evolve into Frosmoth once it likes me)
    Centiskorch

Not sure yet how that'll go, I need to look up what moves they can learn. Just gonna level them to early 60 and we'll see how it goes. Can always bring in my Grimsnarll who is pretty high level but don't like his looks that much.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Woop, caught Haxorus last night, so tell me about breeding if you have time @ayns. I should be able to get Ditto's now at the Lake of Outrage. I want a little Axew.

Do I still need to walk eggs? And I guess the two stats that are in blue and red mean something?

Since I'm still leveling my Champions Cup team (is the quickest way to do this to fight the pokémon walking around in the Wild Area? Not the ones in grass, but the bigger ones) and Boltund is close to my desired level, I can sacrifice his spot for an egg at some point.
  • TBH I got my best Dittos from Max Raid Battles.  I didn't do the reset thing, but I did pump a lot of Wishing Pieces into this specific raid den (7 min into video).  I didn't use this resource, just wanted to show you the best non DLC raid den lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Xy-FmBYAnio

You will get a lot of normal pokemon too, but the method you choose is up to you.  I never tried Ditto hunting at the Lake of Outrage, but I'm guessing they're low IV.  I found this Island when the Isle of Armour DLC came out and now it looks like an even better Ditto spot:

http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/new-5-star-ditto-den-in-pokemon-sword-shield-isle-of-armor-location/

Basically you want a range of high IV Dittos with the natures you want to breed.  This isn't a bad starting point for breeding:

https://dotesports.com/news/basic-guide-to-breeding-in-pokemon-sword-and-shield

However, I wouldn't recommend using mints and we're not using the Lake of Outrage for Dittos.  I always use a Destiny Knot to transfer IVs and an Everstone to transfer the nature.

Yes, you can bottle cap to get perfect IVs but they are quite rare.  I usually try and hit at least 4IVs before Hyper Training.

EVs are also a must for competitive Pokemon - can be expensive in the base game.  It's much cheaper after progressing in The Isle of Armour.

For hatching the Flame Body / Steam Engine trick is useful and you can ride your bike rather than running lol

Get those great dittos first, you will love them forever!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks, will watch the video on a day where internet actually manages to load something that's longer than 2 minutes. The website does seem to mention Lake of Outrage for a Ditto spot, so I'll probably still try that as I'm just grinding for my Champions Cup team, so trying to catch something useful while doing that is a bit more fun. Think if you catch enough and you get the glowing one it can be decent. Raid battles don't give me exp, so are not that useful right now. 

Once I've figured out what team I'll want, I'll look up how far I want to take it. Usually I don't make anything that's meta competitive, but just start on something I like the look of and has a good spread in types / moves. Probably get bored when I get to the really tedious stuff, but running around with eggs while completing the last part of the game and the dex has always been fun.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    815.png560.png778.png
    558.png695.png784.png

560.png818.png849.png
    862.png758.png576.png

This is what I've come up with so far. First one is color coordinated, but I'm not sure about Crustle in there and didn't seen anything else that'd fit the orange-ish theme.
    Second is is the "kids who are too cool to go to class" team. Heliolisk might fit in there as well but I'm not sure who to throw out. Salazzle maybe although I like fire moves.

edit, now I'm seeing it like this, Cinderace might fit in the second theme as well, was more going for the punk / goth looks at first, but Cinderace looks like he can kick some ass too. Two starters though...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Should have made a team based on The Builders book we read in the book club thread:
    One by one, the mouse gathers his old companions: Bonsoir the assassin stoat, Boudica the sniper opossum, Cinnabar the sharpshooting salamander, Barley the chain gun-wielding badger, Gertrude the clever mole, and Elf the now-crazed owl.

Bonsoir the assassin stoat would be
    419.png157.png
    but since they're not in yet it'd be
    862.png or 620.png I think?
    Don't think there's an assassin pokemon, so we'd have to go with the stoat part.

Boudica the sniper opossum
    there's no opossum like pokemon, although google images suggests there's a specific opossum breed that looks like pikachu (golden brushtail possum)
    025.png
    but Inteleon might work because he's a sniper
    818.png

Cinnabar the sharpshooting salamander
    818.png758.png887.png
    could all work I guess? Probably Dragapult, although Inteleon fits the name better (but I'm still not sure about Pikachu for the opossum)

Barley the chain gun-wielding badger
    862.png, 530.png or 157.png
    again I'd guess?
    Obstagoon probably best choice, use Mienshao as the stoat pokemon.

Gertrude the clever mole
    530.png, 051.png, 631.png
    Excadrill would be the closest? Not sure if he counts as a smart pokemon

Elf the now-crazed owl
    164.png, 701.png, 225.png,724.png
    Probably Hawlucha as I like the looks of that one the most, but Delibird looks the most crazy. Decidueye looks like a good one too, but he's not in there.

Hm, that was way harder than I thought, and less interesting... Not enough wild west pokemon out there.
  • Nice work!

Mimikyu always has a place in my heart.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm still not sure which of the two I'm leaning towards. Team 2 has a lot of Pokemon I've been using on and off, but would need to rebuild with better iv etc. Team 1 is all new Pokemon, so I'd need to catch them still etc. I'm just not sure what to do with Crustle. Maybe the expansion has some good yellow / orange Pokemon options.

Have caught a few Ditto at the Lake of Outrage, can't check IV's yet as I've not beaten Leon, but I'm getting some decent exp in that area. Sandstorm this morning which sucks if you want to try and catch something.
  • I normally use a pokemon with Sunny day to change that weather!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That's pretty smart.

So I've hatched two eggs by now, both Axew. Just to try it out and fill the dex (it's incredibly quick in this game! ). I accidently leveled one because I got attacked from a berry tree. The other level 1 has 6 atk, 6 def, 6 spd, 6 sp def, 5 sp atk and 12 hp. Is there any way to know if that's good without the ingame iv checker?

My main team is slowly creeping into the level 60s, so I'm almost done with that for the champions league. I'm trying to get them around 65 as it doesn't have all the strong pokémon, but I don't think it's too bad. It has been pretty fun farming the Lake of Outrage tbh, each time I go there the weather is different and I can catch new pokémon.
  • Outrage has some cool features, indeed.

Not sure how you can check without the judge ability.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Have arrived in the last city, my team is around 67, which I think should be fine, Corviknight still knows taunt which I might switch out with a TM. Pretty good ride so far.

Guess after that I can go towards endgame while also being able to check IV's etc.

Having a look at the exclusives list, I'd need:
    Deino
    Jangmo-o
    Farfetch'd
    Turtonator
    Mawile
    Gothita
    Rufflet
    Sawk
    Seedot
    Swirlix
    Scraggy
    Solrock
    Passimian
    Basculin (red stripe)
    Darumaka, Darmanitan
    Flapple
    Stonjourner
    Indeedee (male)
    Zacian

Looks like I'd need 3 if I want to got with any of the teams I made up (probably going for the second one, with Mimiky and Jangmo-o as fun backups).

I'm not really sure what I can offer for trade @ayns, unless someone else is still playing sword and needs shield exclusives? Scraggy, Jangmo-o and Gothita would have priority, do you happen to have them with their different abilities? I'd need to look up preferred ones.
  • I haven't got any fancy versions of those 3 or any in the list.  Welcome to trade back and forth to get you complete if you want.

I probably have a decent Mimikyu.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Oh so I'd trade them back to you? Yeah that could work (specially for the legendary). Could I keep them for a couple days so I can breed some of them? No fancy IV breeds, just to have one in the box.
  • No problem and take your time with them.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I might be able to get some of them through Home as well, should be able to request. I'll try that over the weekend, just so you don't need to go through all your boxes. Need to catch my exclusives first.

I'm a Champion now, got my IV checker, as expected none of my ditto's (or any other pokémon I caught) are that great.
    Managed to get a 4 IV ditto through stamp searching, and a 5 IV gigantamax toxtricity. Everything is best apart from attack and it's special attack anyway. It's my only gigantamax pokémon so far I think.
    It's a bit of a pain to search through the stamps, and very likely you can't get in, but still. Gives me something to check while going from den to den to collect currency to buy wishing pieces.

Still, I'll probably try and get that to 100, as for the ditto raids you'd want a lvl 100 according to the video up on that page, and I at least want to look cool. Only have zeraora that's at 100 and that feels like a cheat, as it was a home reward.

I'm pretty sure I'm also seeing Scraggy max raids but I can never join them.
  • Overall, you can usually get some decent IV pokemon from max raids.  The majority of my good non-competitive ones were obtained in that way.

I certainly used home and traded my exclusives - that worked for me, but can take several days lol

TBH raid battles just need winning, zeraora isn't cheating you could pick magikarp and you might get lucky and ditto copies you lol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!