Netflix
‹ Previous12
  • Does anyone else use this? Specifically on the 360 and to access American Netflix?

Over the last couple of days it's stopped working. I've figured out that some stuff works, and others don't. I was going to try to test this by going back to the UK one, but now it's asking me to sign in, and it's my housemates account, so I can't do that.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Who do you use for DNS?

http://tunlr.net/

I've found the most reliable, but I have lost connection 2 ish times since using it, but they've fixed it their end within a day or so.

Don't know why it's asking you to sign in again, maybe to do with the new Dashboard, or maybe you hit the three devices at once limit? Why can't you just ask your haousemate for the password?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I thought tunlr.net had killed netflix access due to it being just too popular for a free service? Interesting if you're still using it Mod? When was the last time you tried logging in via Tunlr settings? 

I'd switched over to the dns settings for Playmo (Preferred DNS server: 190.14.36.90 Alternate DNS server: 109.123.111.24)  
    They want you to pay for the access (~£3/mnth setup at Playmo.com) but it appears you can just stick the DNS in and slip through for now. 

You can also pay a bit per month for UnBlockUS (Preferred DNS server 208.122.23.22
    Alternate DNS server 208.122.23.23)  
    and get a much better access. If you use a browser to access via them after paying you can then choose your location (Brazil, Canada, US, Scandy etc) as all areas have different licensing deals with the studios. Lots of good stuff on South America and Canada if you're prepared to pay by all accounts. 

Having said all that it seems that as of the last few days everyone has noticed that they're getting the node failure location message regularly. Apparently you can eventually get it to play if you keep pressing for your content. Folks were saying that they had to switch off the xbox entirely and reboot instead of just going from one episode to the next. (I was watching some Walking Dead and noticed this; one episode seemed ok but kinecting through to 'next episode' would cough up the message)
    It seems that the recent Amazon hosting explosion that killed most of the internet is being blamed ultimately. It destroyed all sorts of stuff in Yankland (Reddit, Github, Minecraft etc) and the Netflix dns fluffing appears to have gone too. 
    Keep trying seems to be the advice.

Canadians have been doing this dns stuff since pretty much day 1 so it seems unlikely that they're clamping down. Internet gremlins more likely for now.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I haven't used the US one for a while, not since Breaking Bad S4 was added to the UK version.

Looking at the site it seems they have removed support for it.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Who do you use for DNS? http://tunlr.net/ I've found the most reliable, but I have lost connection 2 ish times since using it, but they've fixed it their end within a day or so. Don't know why it's asking you to sign in again, maybe to do with the new Dashboard, or maybe you hit the three devices at once limit? Why can't you just ask your haousemate for the password?

He was at band practice, so no phone answering. tried that unblock us, seemd to be working

Oddly i still don't have the new dash.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Is Hyde here abouts yet? Anyone know his member login? He was after a bit of Netflix info.
  • I got Netflix, so far not one thing I've searched for has been on it. Watching twin peaks again is keeping me entertained so far though.
  • I use unblockus.

It's great.

Allows me access to all the US/UK content I could ever want.
  • isanbard wrote:
    Is Hyde here abouts yet? Anyone know his member login? He was after a bit of Netflix info.
    He'll be a lurking if you want to post for his eyes, don't think he's registered, otherwise PM him on Live.

GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    He pinged me on Live for the info originally Webbo. I thought I'd seen him pop up here but the member list suggests it was probably yet another gin fuelled fantasy. Sent a bit of info back so he should be good even if he didn't make it all the way back here. *waves*

Us Netflix has been back to speed for me recently and have been chomping through season 2 of walking Dead. School holidays and a barrage of nephews would be a much tougher proposition without the low distraction tactics of Netflix(US). Plenty of guff to hunt if you look hard enough as a wizened punter too IMHO.
  • IS there a place that aggregates all Netflix content in an easy to use site so I can see whats available outside of their godawful interface?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The Win8 app does that, but that's probably not the answer you were looking for sorry.

EDIT, actually, the interface isn't strictly speaking that different to the web one. You mean like a simple text list or something?

I'm sure I read something about a site that did that, but then I also remember Netflix getting funny about how the API was used.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    The Win8 app does that, but that's probably not the answer you were looking for sorry.

Really?

I may look into that. I might upgrade to Win 8 over the weekend. I found an upgrade version for $25.
  • google wrote:
    I use unblockus. It's great. Allows me access to all the US/UK content I could ever want.

I've asked you about this before, but does it only send media content via its server?  I'm a bit worried about everything slowing down if I just use it for everything, if you see what I mean.

Also, where's an upgrade copy of Win8 for $25?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I've asked you about this before, but does it only send media content via its server?

Yes.

It's actually really clever. No idea how it works.

But when I go to iplayer, it switches to a UK ip and when I go to Netflix it goes to US.

Also, Windows 8
    http://updates.lifehacker.com/post/34652948747/buy-windows-8-for-15-by-telling-microsoft-you-just
  • That's very clever, and as long as it only does media I'll finally use it I think.  I wonder if it works via the 360 as well?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    That's very clever, and as long as it only does media I'll finally use it I think.  I wonder if it works via the 360 as well?

Should do. I dont see why not.

I have it set up on individual devices, but theres a tutorial to have it set up on the router so EVERY device that attaches has the different IP abilities.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    The Win8 app does that, but that's probably not the answer you were looking for sorry. EDIT, actually, the interface isn't strictly speaking that different to the web one. You mean like a simple text list or something? I'm sure I read something about a site that did that, but then I also remember Netflix getting funny about how the API was used.

Sounds a bit like instantwatcher Mod? A much better site than the totally farked algorithms that the kids have left me with as it lists new content, popular, disappearing, rotten tomatoes etc... US only though if memory serves.
  • Bookmarked, Isan.

thanks.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Reminded me to check out the newly dropped oscar megapush Artist if there's ever a gap in the Phineas and Ferb marathon. Handy site for the Netflix DNS crew.
  • Ima put this in here re: Now TV powered by Sky. The fuck you are worth 15 notes a month, you're not worth the £8.99 after the trial ends, you're barely worth the freeness you are for thirty days. I'm using you to get 2400 MSP for £8.99 and then you are gone like Cheech and Chong. Is this some sort of cut back sample shit until I start paying for deals, do I want to watch 'Bond's Magic Moments' for monies? Another turgid 360 film app without an add to personal playlist... Gah.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Funny, the normal Sky TV app is quite good. Or at least it used to be when I used it last.

As for Sky Movies there was never much on I wanted to watch. Waste of £15pm. Netflix isn't overflowing with new Hollywood titles but at least there's some breadth to the catalogue if not depth. And costs nearly a third of the price.
  • Sky Movies is a terrible waste of money. I have had it for 6 months because I got an offer which was £12 a month for all Sky Sports and Movies.
    Only wanted the Sports and £12 weren't bad. £15 a month you would be better off with literally any other movie based thing, be it Netflix, Lovefilm or even a cinema pass.
  • I cancelled Netflix to start the Now trial, never really bothered with the former after the first few months of novelty wore off. I'd like to search and find exactly what I want to watch rather than trawl through in the hope of finding something that appeals. Was with EasyCinema for discs until it went belly up so might have to go LoveFilm for discs + streaming.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You should have built a mystical church with us instead.
  • I'm cancelling sky movies next week.
  • @fullspectrum do you want a 2 month free lovefim voucher thing to tide you over?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    RE-LIVE the frustration of turning up late to a local video shop on a Saturday night in the 80s by joining Netflix.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Using somewhere like More Flicks makes it less wearisome in a way. 
    Pay UnblockUS to allow you to change to any region, Uncheck Hulu on Moreflicks and start looking around the world for a decent hit. Always worth a punt…
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Wouldn't paying for UnblockUS get you into Hulu as well?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Indeed. You can sign up to Hulu with something like UNblockUS but you'd have to pay for that too. Hulu isn't free is it?

Edit: Seems to be another 8 bucks a month for Hulu Plus. Might have some kind of free normal Hulu thing too though? Not too sure of their breath of content but they do report as "Hulu is a joint venture of NBCUniversal Television Group (Comcast/General Electric),[10] Fox Broadcasting Company (News Corp) and Disney-ABC Television Group (The Walt Disney Company)" on Wiki so could have quite a bit of different bits I guess?
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!