The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • We know a thread about that, don’t we?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just checked my BluRay of Ep.6 and it has that bloody "no" from Vader at the end.

Dear oh dear.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    You should try watching some really bad films.
    Criminally Insane
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • davyK wrote:
    Just checked my BluRay of Ep.6 and it has that bloody "no" from Vader at the end. Dear oh dear.

I have the DVD boxset with the original theatrical releases as “special features”. They’re the ones I let my kids watch.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I didn’t even know about this Ep 6 No and now I’ve YouTubed it. Horrific.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have the 2 disc versions on DVD and I'll be keeping them - they have special features the BR don't have anyway such as the Making of Ep1 doc that is a good watch.
  • davyK wrote:
    Just checked my BluRay of Ep.6 and it has that bloody "no" from Vader at the end. Dear oh dear.

Didn't even know it was there until I watched my Blu-ray a few weeks ago. That was an unpleasant surprise.
  • davyK wrote:
    yeah, the films have been on itv4 (or summat) the last few weekends, caught the end of Jedi and the 'nooooo' was on there too. Utterly ridiculous.

Disney have a sure-fire way to get everyone back onside by releasing 'original' cuts of the films, assuming they're legally (and physically, given Lucas attempts to remove all the original prints) able to do so.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • There was some story swimming around at the time Disney bought Star Wars that Lucas made sure they couldn’t undo all his vandalism.
  • The only acceptable edits are Jabba the Hutt in Star Wars, and the cleaned up lightsaber effects.

Old man Anakin/Vader ghost should have stayed.

Han shoots first should have stayed.

Stormtrooper hitting his head should have stayed.
  • The only acceptable edits are Jabba the Hutt in Star Wars, and the cleaned up lightsaber effects.

Old man Anakin/Vader ghost should have stayed.

Han shoots first should have stayed.

Stormtrooper hitting his head should have stayed.

I agree with what should have stayed but do you mean the terrible cgi jabba that is nothing like what we end up seeing in return of the Jedi?

SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah, the random fat dude in a waistcoat looks even less like the Jabba in Jedi.
  • I'm pretty sure they never took out the stormtrooper bumping his head. No?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That stayed. Didn't they add a comedy boink noise like it was intentional or something?

Yeah, the random fat dude in a waistcoat looks even less like the Jabba in Jedi.

The random fat dude was never in it though was he, I thought the entire Jabba scene was cut? You only heard about Jabba from Greedo.
  • That's certainly my recollection
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • You're right. No Jabba in original Star Wars.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    As it should be. The whole problem with all of what Lucas tried to do and what Disney are now doing is taking any mystery out of the films.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Toy Story/Millennium Falcon chess game crossover origin film.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I mean the whole of the Star Wars canon has long since been laughably over-exploited, they just decided to start the process over from scratch under Disney.

"ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Star Warz should definitely fired out of a canon. Preferably into the sun.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. I'm in two minds about Ep.9 as I simply am not interested any more.

Might have a look at the Han Solo one.

SW would probably be better served as a TV series set during the Clone Wars or during the Old Republic.  I know there was an animated thing - but come on. An HBO style of thing would pique my interest.
  • I must watch the clone wars series cos a new is coming soon I think. Maybe then I'll find out why Ahsoka gets so much love.(not in THAT way)
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I still need to finish Rebels. Might have to start from scratch with the boy.
  • davyK wrote:
    Aye. I'm in two minds about Ep.9 as I simply am not interested any more.

my interest is more of a vague curiosity for what they will do with it, rather than any sense of excitement for the continuing story.
    Reg made a 'joke' a few pages back about JJ desperately ret-conning* to try to make the fanboys happy, but that would just make a mockery of the whole thing...whereas just carrying on the path from TLJ, well i'm not even sure what path that was as to me it felt more like an ending/reset to start a whole new thing, rather than setting up a big finale. So yeah, i'm curious what they do but not excited for it, whereas with the previous films i avoided every trailer, teaser and spoiler.

*this did give me the funny idea that they go all 'Dallas' and pretend the last part of the movie was just a dream/'force vision' and it snaps back to Kylo offering his hand to Rey, but i think that would be a bit too much even for the diehards....there'd be a great disturbance in the force, like a million fanboys groaned with disbelief in unison...
  • I think just as many would breathe a sigh of relief.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'll probably still go and watch just to see what happens. But I'll be happy to wait for the crowds to die down and go in when its quiet. In no big rush. I certainly won't be investing in any disc based copies of the 3.  I can see another batch of boxsets appearing next year.
  • Old doc about Empire.  Dunno if it'll get removed quickly.

• So...SOLO:

Overall I enjoyed the film. It ripped along and I found myself enjoying the action, and interested to see how the story resolved - though I will come back to the ending which may dampen enthusiasm for future viewing.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Re: Darth Maul:
    Spoiler:
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!