The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • Ah dammit
    Shoulda known, it was too promising.
  • Where’s the Liam Neeson force ghost from?
  • Looks like someone has actually done a bit of CGI with him from something else, likewise Cate Blanchett is more than just a cut.
  • SPACE JESUS
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • His sad devotion to that ancient religion didn’t help him conjure up the stolen data tapes.
  • I didn't like the first Space Jesus but the sequel, Space Jesus goes to Summer Camp was much better.
    SFV - reddave360
  • s6jEkEy.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Watched the latest one last night. Can't even remember what it's called. It had a few moments but was largely dumb. They're all a bit boring imo. 

The best new star wars is Rogue One and that Darth Maul fight with the light barriers.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Next year it will be 22 years since The Phantom Menace released. That itself was released 22 years after the original movie.
  • JFC. Wtaf is going on with time these days.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's relatively short.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Rian Johnsons trilogy still on seriously? Disney want to throw more money at this guy? 
    Like TLJ or not, if true that is one hell of a risky move by Disney IMO.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think it’s actually a good idea. Johnson was the only director that Disney got in for any of the movies that showed any willingness to buck any part of the formula and try and do something new. If there’s any future to the film franchises, it’s with someone like Johnson.
  • The internet will have to be abandoned if they make another three The Last Jedis.
  • The Last Jedi: no really there are none left now not even hiding in the cupboard
  • The First Last Jedi
    The second last Jedi: still the first last Jedi
    The third last Jedi: still the First Last Jedi.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I think it’s actually a good idea. Johnson was the only director that Disney got in for any of the movies that showed any willingness to buck any part of the formula and try and do something new. If there’s any future to the film franchises, it’s with someone like Johnson.

I liked the Last Jedi but I'd agree with superflyninja - Johnsons film was way too divisive and whatever the merit, star wars fans by and large aren't going to take to another 3 of his films. Its a pity because I agree he showed that he wanted to try new things, but the fans didnt like those things so why bother.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fuck the whingers.
  • As much as I hate TLJ, it makes much more sense to give Johnson (or anyone) the full trilogy to write and craft a story with, than throwing someone the middle chapter of a trilogy on a tight timescale and giving them seemingly free reign to do whatever they want with it, seemingly including ignore the first film or any plans for the third one.
    And that's not to lay all the blame for that on Johnson either. I know it's something we'll never find out for sure, but I would really like to know what decisions in that film came from Disney, how much was as Johnson wanted, and how much was just 'shit we're out of time this will have to do'.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • the JJ films did have an opinion uniting quality

7) it’s the same as Star Wars
    9) it’s shit.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I still say that the Rise of Skywalker makes the Last Jedi, or indeed any other film you care to name, look like a masterpiece.
  • Ooh which is worse: EpII or EpIX

Hint: no-one wins they're all shit
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, 2’s a terrible film, 9 is closer to a war crime.
  • 9 is terrible but it almosts gets a free pass from me cos i blame 8 for breaking the story completely such that i didn't care and don't think there's anyway 9 could have been good.
    the prequels for me are a different kind of bad to the sequels.

the prequels have an interesting story (in theory), that's badly scripted, directed, and performed over a 3 film arc
    the sequels are generally well acted, slickly produced films that have little concern for a cohesive story or interesting ideas from one film to the next.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Yeah, 2’s a terrible film, 9 is closer to a war crime.

Dont sit on the fence, tell us what you really think Yoss.

Can't claim to be a star wars fan but having seen all the movies I genuinely found 2 and 9 painful to sit through. Didnt think much of solo at all and parts 1 and 3 are equally duff. Return of the jedi was a hit for me as a kid but I don't think it maybe holds up so well. Force awakens and rogue one are both good movies with some quality bits. I still stand by last jedi as the best of the modern trilogy, empire is maybe over-rated a little but still very good and given the choice I think the first movie is a touch of class so probably my favourite of the lot.

My code so is 4 2 8 7 R1 6 1 3 S 2 9
    SFV - reddave360
  • The Anakin Padme frolicking scenes are the worst thing Star Wars has ever done.
    I'll listen to arguments that other parts of ep 2 make up for them and put the movie as a whole higher than ep 9 but those scenes are the absolute pits.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    9 is terrible but it almosts gets a free pass from me cos i blame 8 for breaking the story completely such that i didn't care and don't think there's anyway 9 could have been good.

That’s some next level Last Jedi hate right there.

The problems with 9 were all of Abrams’ making. It’s not like he didn’t spend the first 15 minutes of the film negating practically everything that happened in 8, everything from that point on was all on him and was fucking terrible.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    9 is terrible but it almosts gets a free pass from me cos i blame 8 for breaking the story completely such that i didn't care and don't think there's anyway 9 could have been good.

That’s some next level Last Jedi hate right there.

The problems with 9 were all of Abrams’ making. It’s not like he didn’t spend the first 15 minutes of the film negating practically everything that happened in 8, everything from that point on was all on him and was fucking terrible.

Oh bloody hell I wanted to avoid getting into another TLJ argument but I can’t help it. TLJ killed off the big bad guy halfway through the trilogy. What’s left for Abrams to do? The entire film is a consequence of having to come up with something because they were left with nothing.

Regardless of what you think about TFA, it gave options and plot strands to carry forward. Johnson didn’t want them. Fair enough. But he didn’t leave anything behind for anyone else. How could 9 not suck?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Kylo Ren was still in it, they still had a big bad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!