Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Found it, cheers! Made a fair few bucks from. Just 3 systems worth. Need to save for the fancy scanner but have everything else that guide suggested.

I wonder why he hasn't fully upgraded everything.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I've not been on this for a while.  I might have to download all the updates and see what's new.  It seems like a lot has been added.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I wish I had time to put into this.
  • Does the update address the issue regarding 'fun'.  Is it now fun to play?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Well it's no Crazy Taxi.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I keep meaning to have another play of this. I think the main thing putting me off is the initial hour or two of controller configuration/tweaking and shortcut binding to get it playing satisfactorily. Can't be arsed with much faff in games these days.
  • Hotas is great on PC, but it's maybe a bit overboard for one game.
  • @GurtTractor     It's ok, if you were an early Kickstarter backer, you get one of these for free:
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Neat. I think last time I played I spent a fair bit of time making a controller config using PGP which allowed me to have things like alternate commands if I held a button down instead of a tap. Think I managed to get nearly everything I wanted to use onto a standard controller, and just used the keyboard occasionally for a few others.
  • I have owned this for more than a year now and have barely touched it. I really must dig into it.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's a real time sink. Which is fine if you have any time...
  • I have some time.

What I REALLY want is a new version of Colony Wars. Because spaceships pew-pew-pew.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Instead we're getting another X.  A series I've found as impenetrable as Elite Dangerous.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Last one was apparently woeful too.
  • There nothing quite like ED.

https://youtu.be/qJDp29lSWE0
  • So, this is now not only playable in VR but actually amazing. It was ok with the Vive but it was too ugly. It's srill poorly optimised for vr, but with a high end card it works great with the motion smoothing on - surprisingly little artifacting, especially @120Hz. I think it puts it down to locked 60Hz and the smoothing is bumping it to 120Hz.

It's not a cheap setup because as well as VR you're going to need a HOTAS, Voice Attack and probably a HCS Voicepack. But when it's all set up and the visuals have been tweaked it's a superb experience. I think they've updated the planer textures at some point too, which helps, because landing on a planet and taking the SRV out is a jaw-drop stunning. Easily the most WTAF moment I've had in vr.

As a game it's still not everyone's cup of tea but in vr it's just memerising.

• I played the whole of my 55 hours with ED in VR - it was glorious. You don't really need a hotas - an xbox controller and a little bit of menuing is fine. I couldn't be bothered to set up the voice stuff, and I don't think it suffered much without it.
  • Great video that. Game looks absolutely glorious.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • voices wrote:
    I played the whole of my 55 hours with ED in VR - it was glorious. You don't really need a hotas - an xbox controller and a little bit of menuing is fine. I couldn't be bothered to set up the voice stuff, and I don't think it suffered much without it.

Yeah you certainly don't need them and the Xpad is suprisingly well thought out for such a large control set. The increased level of immersion with a HOTAS is signicant though imo, but it is actually more fiddly than the Xpad, which is why you need voice attack. The HCS voice packs have built in bindings for the more popular HOTAS setups but it's another added expense, although it's yet another level of immersion. There's over 3000 responses or something and you can actually have packs working together so they'll interact with one another.

I have to say I think they're great.

They'll make the game easier to control, more immersive, give you info on systems, tell you galactic facts and Stephen Hawking quotes if you like. Tom Baker and Brian Blessed are great but if you want to be abused there's a voice pack for that too. There's pretty much a voice command for every key binding in the game.
  • g.man wrote:
    Great video that. Game looks absolutely glorious.

Yeah it's really pretty. I don't really bother with bounty hunting, mining or any of that. I just go aroung discovering new planets and then riding around on them. You get credits for genuinely new discoveries and you sell the info at stations to get better gear. Currently only 0.03% of all stars have been visited so there's plenty to do.
  • Anyone else playing this on PS4? I've been playing this a lot recently - mainly working on unlocking engineers and upgrades. It's grindy but strangely compulsive.

I came back from Sagittarius with nearly 500m credits in exploration data (and I was barely scanning on the return trip) so I'll be outfitting a Krait Mk2 soon. Once I've got the Guardian FSD booster and ungraded drive I may take another trip and actually get to Beagle point.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I got lost and stuck and restored.
    Then didn't bother, loved the amount of time I put in to it but it was just a chill out game for me, would love it in vr though.
  • Played this in VR at Gazelle's last night. Tried to crash into an asteroid and got lost in menus. 10/10, would fly again.
  • is VR on ps4 yet?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • No. The resolution alone makes it unworkable.
  • Fuck
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I am waiting for the Switch wireframe version anyway.
  • I really like this game, on Xbone, I found the controls pretty straightforward in the end, trying to stop in time was the biggest challenge.
  • Console controllers are surprisingly fine. They did a good job on the ports.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!