Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message

So it's that time again and I may actually give a Chivas Regal this year.  My girlfriend's family doesn't really do Xmas (that is to say they don't do Xmas, or haven't since she was much younger) so she's spending it with me for the first time and as a result I'm all excited again.  

My Xmases (?) have been growing smaller every year.  From 0 to about 12 it was a two day extravaganza.  The 25th was spent with my dad's parents and that side of the family, maybe 15 people.  The following day (also my birthday) was spent with mum's side, some 50 people depending on who was available.  Now, it's immediate family, partners and an old friend of dad who has no family here (American see).  We gorge ourselves on a glorious repast plus fine wine, velvety ales and luxuriant, er, pretzels.  Then, we sit around nibbling on sweets and dessert wines and prattle about whatnot.  There's usually some Arrested Development or Darkplace for the lulz, then the gift swap commences.  The next day is best forgotten.

ANYWAY, point of interminable ramble is to enquire about how y'all manage your particular day/s (if at all).  Who, where, what, how and how many are questions to ponder.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I don't do Xmas though I might go to JapanKFC for a cheap lol
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    good start
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Really though I hardly need excuses to buy myself gifts. The lion's share of my life is about buying myself gifts.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I've always how your your independent wealth was acquired.  Not conventionally I suspect.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    my christmas is usually spent like this.....

quick check on forum wish folks merry christmas.
    gather gifts and visit children.
    check forum.
    visit dad.
    visit a few friends.
    home to start christmas dinner.
    check forum.
    open any christmas cards and birthday cards.
    check forum.

think im getting too old for christmas. ;(
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • My Christmas will be; finish work, go home, watch telly, go to bed, get up, wish adkmette Merry Christmas, eat cereal, shower, go back to work.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    I've always how your your independent wealth was acquired.  Not conventionally I suspect.

Not like that.

Too many shochus, whispering voices
    Fugus on posters, too many choices
    If? When? Why? What?
    How much has Brooks got?
    Has he got it, does he get it, if so, how often?
    And which does he choose, a hard or soft option?

(How much does he neeeeed?!)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    My Christmas will be; finish work, go home, watch telly, go to bed, get up, wish adkmette Merry Christmas, eat cereal, shower, go back to work.
    What a charmed life you lead.
  • Scapo that was more effort than was strictly necessary but
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Scapo that was more effort than was strictly necessary but

Well, I was picturing the scene and it was cheering me up, so on it went.

Ours is probably cancelled until the 27th.
  • Skerret wrote:
    My Christmas will be; finish work, go home, watch telly, go to bed, get up, wish adkmette Merry Christmas, eat cereal, shower, go back to work.
    What a charmed life you lead.
    I get Boxing Day off (or, rather, I don't have to go to work so I get to cook a roast dinner for adkmette) but I'm not sure if we'll swap presents on the day.  Then I get the two days after Boxing Day off, home alone (play time) then 7am starts 29 Dec - 1 Jan.  So I'll be toasting the new year with a warm milk.  ;)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    How about I quit scratching my lame-joke itch for a minute and ask you about Tokyo, B? Have we a travel thread here? I am interested.

The reality of Black Rain's neon fantasy minus the head-loppings. Any thoughts on the stereotype (attraction) of solemn social zeds? Do you have an apartment? Do you people-watch from its windows? Happen tell us about the colours of the lights on your walk home; about the things that catch your eye; about the overhead arrangements and rushing midtown hooves.

NHK's kaleidoscope tells me Japan would scare the forthwith fuck outta me. By all means rabbit about anything that isn't anime, Eastern philosophy, temples or games.
  • E I'm not starting a fucking blog, have a care.

It's just busy. People are fairly well dressed on average. Maintenance vehicles are necessarily a bit dinky. Many things are highly convenient; many things are a bit retarded. White people appear pretty sickly in this context. My Japanese is no more pish than it was 6 years ago, this was a surprise.

My flat is adequate for my needs, in a fine location.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Enter The Void depicts the Japan I find most intriguing.

Paz de la Huerta is freely available yes?
  • Void, like many flicks, missells this city egregiously.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No doubt, shame though.  Floaty dope kaleidoscope/screen-filling glans, it's all so alluring.
  • Actually the penis thing is accurate enough.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Do you have a spare room?
  • All my spaces have a use, so no.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm sure I can find a spineless documentarian to assault, after which he'll invite me to stay in his family home for a period of time.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'll accompany as Sancho Panza.

I saw a doco about Japanese Noxies. Their commune was so oppressively IKEA it talked up biding at the corps.

No errant mugs or piss, though, just a polite book exchange. Keith Pratt would've dug.
  • As you mention it, one substantial change from last time I lived here is the relative disappearance and/or transformation of the 'centre guy' host club dudes. Gone are the white jeans and bootpolish tans and that.

Then again it is winter.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    On which, I really should try Yakuza 3 and 4. The Bootans were a regular nuisance in the first two.

Steady as she goes on the fruit platters.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    So far it's just Brooks, Escape and I which sounds the death knell for any thread.  Merry Xmas all.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll be down in Dalbeattie for likely the last time. Being of catholic sort, my mum takes us to 9pm XMAS eve mass. We then come back, drink wine and eat marks and Spencer's nibbles.

In our family, we open our presents at midnight. Everyone else thinks we are mental.

Then we go to bed.

Next day we are up usually fairly early and out for a wee walk. After that the gin and whatever gets cranked open. Dad has started making eggs benedict with bloody marys for brunch for the past 5 or so years so that'll go on. Then it's aw honds on ra deck for dinner making. We eat around 3, and drink far too much wine. I'll usually tittle off to watch Dr Who after that then drink more gin and fall asleep in the cinema room.

XMAS
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i always want to go to tokyo.
    i never will, this saddens me.

reg has a cinema room!!!!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Ill join in on this thread then. 
    My family doesn't really do Xmas now that we're all grown up with careers and adult life and such, so this year I've been invited to join my gf's family in Jersey for the week of Xmas. Apparently her parents host the worlds most over the top family Xmas, complete with big meal, Xmas jumpers, carol singing, decorations everywhere etc. I'm equal parts excited and also scared... This will also be the first time I've met them. 

I smell a tv sitcom episode
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Skerret wrote:
    So far it's just Brooks, Escape and I which sounds the death knell for any thread.  Merry Xmas all.

Well to be fair you and I are in a weird timezone and Escape has his own hours of operation.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    open any birthday cards

You as well?

• I'll do Christmas with wife and mother-in-law in a place where it's otherwise a normal working weekday. My Ma brought one of her fantastic Christmas puddings over on a recent visit, so that's something. My wife also insisted we buy an advent calendar from M&S yesterday, as she's never had one before.
‹ Previous123456

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!