Halostock II: Death Cottage. Weekend of February 8th, who's in?
‹ Previous123456730
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Updated 28.02.13:

The mass PM:

HALOSTOCK: THE DETAILS

Okay, we're pretty much locked down here, and this is what's happening.

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY AND RESPOND SOON IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES.

LAN is starting at 1pm at my house which is DOUBLE D'OH.. Nearest stations are Brockley and Nunhead. I'm going to presume you all have phones with Google maps that you can use to find my place, if not please let me know.

I will be buying a load of pizzas and some soft drinks for the LAN out of my own money with the understanding that you guys will pay me back. If you are coming to the LAN, I will be presuming you want food and buy a pizza for you and I'll expect moneys back. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU DON'T WANT FOOD. If you want alcohol, that's up to you guys to sort out.

In the evening, we'll be heading to the Chandos on St. Martin's Lane (just by Trafalgar Square) for around 7, 7:30 to meet the guys who just want to join for the evening. We will be heading to Meat Market on Tavistock St for food (they do have a vegetarian burger but they can't guarantee it will have had no cross-contamination from the meat. Apologies if this is an issue for any veggies, but it's proved rather difficult to book anything better with everyone confirming so late). We will then almost certainly head on to the Porterhouse on Maiden Lane for a drink and then work it out from there.

THINGS TO REMEMBER:

If you're coming to the LAN, BRING A CONTROLLER, and make sure it's got batteries.

If you want somewhere to sleep for the night, I have plenty of floorspace but you might well want to bring a sleeping bag. (Mos, I've got you covered for bedding).

CHECK YOUR INBOX HERE ON THE NIGHT: I've got an app that will let you track my phone in case you get lost. I'll send a link round when we leave here for the pub.

My phone number is XXXXXXXXXX if you need to get hold of me. If you all want to reply to this with your numbers, that'd be useful, then I can get hold of you all easily if needs be.

I think that's about it.

I look forward to seeing you all.

HUGS.

Updated attendance list:

In for LAN and drinks: 

Dante +1  
    Funkstain 
    Nexx 
    Hulka 
    Mos 
    Billy 
    Petey 
    Cosby 
    Djorn +1 
    Me +1
    Lester

In for just food / drinks: 

Ace 
    NMD 

Deliberately trying to be all enigmatic and hard to get in their responses: 

Live 
    MK
    Knight
    Jimmy moved owing to possible other commitments.

Special list codenamed 'Shyam's a Noob' for those noob types who are only turning up for LAN because they're noobs

Shyam (<3)

In need of a bed for the night: 

Dante +1 
    Mos 
    Billy 
    Petey 
    Jimmy should he make it.
    @Knight?

What we still need to organise:

Games, we have enough copies of 4 and Reach coming, but we still need people with copies of CE and 2 to bring them along.

Where we're heading for food and drink in the evening. @nick_md @mk64 you said you may have some suggestions for this, we'll need them soon.

Sleeping arrangements for those who need beds.

I can certainly sleep 3 (possibly 5) in something approaching comfort, perhaps one more if someone wants to kip on the floor. Certainly, Billy will need to kip at mine as he'll need to take his TV back the following day, Mos has put in a request for a bed with some bedding which I can certainly supply, as for Petey, Dante +1 and the possible appearance of Jimmy, I'm quite happy to find room for them, or if they'd rather take up Funk on his offer, I have no issue with that.

I also have to think about getting food in here don't, I? Right, I'll come back to that in a mo.

OP

Hello all,

I've decided to try to organise a Halostock sometime next year for a chance for the Halo regs to get to meet each other offline. All are welcome to join, but as the Halo regs are almost like their own little community within a community, their needs will be prioritised when it comes to arranging dates and places. Soz.

So, the question is where and when and I'm open to suggestions for both of these. Date-wise, I'm thinking within the first few months of next year. Easter's probably out as there is talk of a London-stock at Easter and having a clash would be a bad move. Are any of our international Halo contingent (Tiger, Swirl, Face) going to be in the UK at all early next year? If so, that could help us pick a time.

Place-wise, I think it'd be a good idea to try and get an idea of where most of us are based to try and find somewhere convenient to us all. I'll be coming from London.

Please feel free to add any thoughts, ideas, suggestions or just chip in to rag on Shyam's Halo skills.
  • I'm going to be back in the UK from March onwards, at least for a year or so.

London is probably the best bet, right? I'm definitely up for this, wherever.

So, to clarify, NOT LONDON.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    London is expensive, both for food and drink and somewhere to stay and would also be quite a trek for some of our more northerly people, but it would mean that I could just get a night bus home at the end.
  • I thought there was an agreement whereby anyone with a Halo 3 k/d ratio of 0.99 or worse had to pay for their superiors?
  • Re me in the UK. Next year is not completely beyond the realms of possibility, but it's unlikely and I wouldn't be banking on it.

Everyone should totally come to Melbourne.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Early next year, no. Around July/August, maybe.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't want to leave it too late in the year as I'm not sure how long I'll be back in Britain myself. March is a possibility.

And Tiger, for an English teacher you have a very shaky grasp of the meaning of the word 'agreement'.
  • I would obviously prefer somewhere a bit further north than London.
  • Birmingham is in the middle, that seems like a reasonable meeting ground.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So North London it is, then.

Just kidding, where are you based Dante? Was it Leeds? And Tiger for that matter.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Birmingham is in the middle, that seems like a reasonable meeting ground.
    I think that's where the last EC meet-up was. Y'know, when they got a young Peter drunk and teabagged him into a bath.

I wasn't invited, luckily. I don't like being teabagged into baths.
  • Preston. Although Leeds is about halfway between London and Scotland.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Birmingham is in the middle, that seems like a reasonable meeting ground.

It's a bit of a trek, but I'll suffer to get to this one.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Im in...  but only because Lester can't organise anything :-p
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    There's already plans for a London-based stock at Easter FWIW... Not a halo-centric one though...
  • We should just crash that and teabag everyone.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I vote Sheffield. We have all the ales!
  • The problem is the midlands is just such a dive. Birmingham is awful (Lester you know it's true) and Nottingham's worse.

London isn't that much more expensive to eat and drink in, if you know it, which some of us do very well, and there should be plenty of us Londoners able and willing to put people up (I know I can fit in a half dozen or so).

Anyway I'll go anywhere the call of duty (oops) commands, but I'd probably be happier going further North than getting stuck in the middle.
  • Screw you I live in Nottingham it's awful wait.

London can be made cheaper by group booking hostel rooms, as well as people being kind and letting us ODST drop in their houses.
  • Another benefit of going into uncharted territory (i.e.: north of the peak district, into the untamed wilds) is that you may tempt some of the sizeable Scottish contingent downwards from their caves?
  • Tempy wrote:
    Screw you I live in Nottingham it's awful wait. London can be made cheaper by group booking hostel rooms, as well as people being kind and letting us ODST drop in their houses.

My view is probably tainted from my university days and living in the warzone that is Lenton. As a student it was pretty cool, we went to a new place almost every weekend. But going back a while ago for a reunion was depressing, except for the ace trams that almost cut my leg off.

As for place to stay: i've got two double beds, a blow up double bed, a sofa, a day bed, and a garden for intrepid campers and Scotsmen who prefer sleeping under the stars when it gets warm (i.e.: anything above a drizzly 2C).
  • @Funk Oh man, Lenton is a dive, I used to work there at The Tech Guys. I'm moving to anywhere but Nottingham for Uni though, ha, I'm sick of it.
  • Truthahn1 wrote:
    Funkstain wrote:
    The problem is the midlands is just such a dive. Birmingham is awful (Lester you know it's true) and Nottingham's worse. London isn't that much more expensive to eat and drink in
    You know what's halfway between Birmingham and London (and Oxford and Cambridge)? Milton Keynes... just saying. ;)

Yeah but that's like saying "you know what's halfway between my head and my feet it's my arsehole just saying". I suppose you have great road infrastructure and a giant snow dome which makes it better than Birmingham anyway.
  • Milton Keynes would obviously be my pie-in-the-sky first choice, and I know a 3rd member who would say that too.

Plus, we've got a Nando's.

A NANDO'S
  • I went to uni in Nottingham, lived in clifton (grim), west bridgeford (nice), sneinton (grimish) and the meadows (brap brap). Enjoyed my time there but the locals can be a tad iffy at times and it seems small when I go back.*

I'd obviously vote for London here, and can put chaps up no problem (plenty of chaps to boot, if sleeping on floors isn't an issue for you). London can be as cheap as anywhere once you know where to go, but appreciate it's quite the trek for a lot of you. Still, would be good to leave your depressing places like Nottingham and Leeds and come down to the big city, surely ;)

*reading that back it sounds mighty offensive to Notts people. Sorry!
  • Someone should drive and spend the whole time shouting "ROAD TRIP!"
  • The only issue with London is that I am on part time wage at the moment, so it has to be locked down in advance so I can get cheap tickets. Nottingham is small NMD, no doubt. Everyone says it is great for students but I guess it wears thin pretty quickly.

Edit: That isn't meant to sound so self centered re: London, I'm sure it applies to other folk to. God I can't even recover this now. Christ.
  • We'll definitely have to lock a date with plenty of warning, Billy's got mini-Billy to think about, and I've got the wife to think about if I'm having half a dozen Halo nerds steaming in.

I repeat though am happy to go "elsewhere" if the hive-mind so decides!
  • I'd prefer London obviously, I don't like going further north than Tottenham...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Re me in the UK. Next year is not completely beyond the realms of possibility, but it's unlikely and I wouldn't be banking on it. Everyone should totally come to Melbourne.
    +1 as per.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
‹ Previous123456730

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!