Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Get some water in there.
    How much is reccomended?

I think it will help as when I tried the Talisker with no ice, at room temperature, it really isn't to my liking. Now I know the temperature effects the taste but the dilution from the ice must have been helping it as well.

In all honesty though I don't think there is anything that can be done to make me buy this again, I find it fucking vile and much prefer to stick to my Glen's...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    I going to try out these in a minute in the hope that it will make the remaining Talisker palatable... 8318968138_cece8a13a6_b_d.jpg ...though I doubt it.

THEY ARE FLOATING IN SPACE OMG
  • TBH, I'm not a fan of Talisker.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • 10 to 15% water should do.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've just tried my first glass...

...fuck me I think these are carved from pure magic!

I hadn't seen your post so I went in neat with 3 stones, a much different taste to my previous night and whereas I wouldn't go so far as to say I'll buy another bottle I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up now if I was offered a glass. I'll try it now with some water and fresh stones but I can safely say that every single penny spent on these was a penny well spent.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Not digging the water so much, really hits the flavour and takes loads out of it, saying that I can really taste the caramel in it now but it as lost so much of the other tastes.

I cannot believe what an eye opener this has been, I am shocked at the difference the 3 different ways affect it.

Honestly I cannot stress enough the experience I have just had here.
  • What do these stones do? Make the whisky taste like pebbles? Try not to overdo the water, it's a fine balance between taking the kick of the alcohol out and letting the flavour expand, getting trollied is just a happy by product. I usually do roughly 15ml water in a 50ml dram.

Gifted a bottle of Jameson's by the other half's sister, the Ford Focus of whisky.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Whisky and a threat, my uncle used to call it.
  • Stones in whisky???

wtf

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Frozen stones guys. Pop in the freezer and use to chill your whisky.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    They don't chill the Whisky as much as ice (which for myself is preferable) and they don't dilute (which I have now found to be also preferably for me) so yes, I now have my Whisky literally on the rocks...
  • Your freezer is too warm, cheapskate.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Your freezer is too warm, cheapskate.
    They're in the same ice tray!

I've just looked and according to the display on the door my freezer is running at -18°C, am I the only one that's tried these stones?

The only problem I have found is that there is obviously more work involved than using ice cubes with the only other thing being that as I like to drink a few glasses I could do with ordering some more!
  • ...um...how about just putting the whisky in the fridge?

leftfield

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Too cold for me, I tried that years ago, I would adjust the temp but the kids like their milk cold!

If I had the space I could get a Whisky fridge!!!
  • beano wrote:
    Jager bombs ruin the taste of further drinks. I don't get like I don't get Nando's hype.

Yes and what don't you get? Mid level chicken at mid level price. It's also very chosen (in terms of taste) compared to anywhere else outside of the home. Bespoke chicken.. Kinda. :))

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Although I do like their chips.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    That might be where I'm going wrong, I don't drink any of my drinks from a glass thimble...
  • Ardbeg Uigeadail with a splash for me right now (OUT OF MY SINGLE MALTS OF SCOTLAND GLASS), after a Pukka pie with two veg and a bottle of Wolf Blass that someone opened on Christmas day but decided not to drink.  Livin' the good life.

Edit: I gave my mate my old HDTV recently, and despite saying don't worry about it etc, he's insisting on buying me a bottle of something from thewhiskyexchange.com.  He said up to £60, so I'm thinking thinking £30-40 wouldn't be unreasonable.  Any whisky or rum suggestions in that range?
  • I'm missing the Auchentoshan I got last year that I didn't get this, if that's any recommendation, and this was the standard ed too.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Ardbeg Uigeadail with a splash for me right now (OUT OF MY SINGLE MALTS OF SCOTLAND GLASS), after a Pukka pie with two veg and a bottle of Wolf Blass that someone opened on Christmas day but decided not to drink.  Livin' the good life. Edit: I gave my mate my old HDTV recently, and despite saying don't worry about it etc, he's insisting on buying me a bottle of something from thewhiskyexchange.com.  He said up to £60, so I'm thinking thinking £30-40 wouldn't be unreasonable.  Any whisky or rum suggestions in that range?
    I'd like to try the Kavalan from Taiwan, see what the fuss is all about. Fits the bill perfectly.
  • +1 for Balvenie 12 yrs. Absolutely lovely.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Late xmas pressies are FTW, especially when they turn out to be a bottle of LePhrog.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I_R wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Ardbeg Uigeadail with a splash for me right now (OUT OF MY SINGLE MALTS OF SCOTLAND GLASS), after a Pukka pie with two veg and a bottle of Wolf Blass that someone opened on Christmas day but decided not to drink.  Livin' the good life. Edit: I gave my mate my old HDTV recently, and despite saying don't worry about it etc, he's insisting on buying me a bottle of something from thewhiskyexchange.com.  He said up to £60, so I'm thinking thinking £30-40 wouldn't be unreasonable.  Any whisky or rum suggestions in that range?
    I'd like to try the Kavalan from Taiwan, see what the fuss is all about. Fits the bill perfectly.

This one?  Looks interesting.  What's the skinny on that?  I've never heard of it.  I know it's the wrong thread, but in the absence of a rum thread, I've been tempted with this for a while.  I've been spoilt with my two aged El Dorado's and the excellent Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva, but I really do love a sweet sipping rum.
  • They won a blind taste test of young whisky a few years ago and got a real blaze of publicity. Modern distillery, lots of science and humid climate - so the whisky aged very quickly. Reviews were good, but it's still a very new distillery, so it's not at all mass market yet.

On the other hand, you'd get a 15yo Glenfarclas for the same price.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Glenfarclas is probably my favourite. Was gutted when the last drop was poured from that bottle. Still enjoying my 15yo Dalwhinnie, seems to be on offer quite a bit with a fiver or so knocked off.
  • Oooh, the Glenfarclas looks like the one, cheers.  I'll take any other suggestions but the blurb/reviews for the 15yr sounds like something I need to be drinking.  I'll have to buy myself the rum :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!