General Bear Knuckle
  • Thanks guys, I'll do a fair price. Would prefer a square gate but I ain't fussy. Just need a p2 stick, got my own 360 hori. Whichever one of ye finds your stick and pm's me will get the dollar. I'll look on eBay and do you the same/fair price, plus postage. Cheers.
  • Am currently learning JJASB rotate cancel combos. Don't really know why - the EU servers are borko and I don't have any local buddies that play this thing either.

They are pretty cool though.
  • Went undefeated yesterday in the office on 3s, the top dog on V was salllllttyyyyy :P delicious. (He's a good mate, is all in good jest, just loving his saltiness).

Playing 3s every day and, whilst lost a few matches today, still winning 90%, to salty comments, "throws are so broken in this" :) Good times.

Loving 3s atm, watching bare Kuroda dvds on Youtube. Got a few guys here really into it now too. Great game. Hands down the best sf. My parry game has really gone up a few notches too, am baiting wakeups - parry. Baiting AAs - parry. Even parrying during block strings (guy who's top dog on V trying to bring his Urien to 3s, I'm blocking his strings then parry the final headbutt / shoulder charge >> cr.fw sa. Lovely.

Loving it. Sprite work in this is top tier. Bring it on!!!
  • These guys are so used to IV / V and DBFZ they forgot how to do moves on an old school fighter.
  • The difference, atm, is my mixup game, my reads and my parrying. Just adds a whole new mixup to the game. Loving it.

I am rocking Ken and Chun, so make of that what you will.
  • Tierlist whore
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’d love to git gud at 3S. Never managed to do well.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hey Ken's not considered top tier anymore! He's A tier, not S :)

Chun is a monster in this... those normals, oof.
  • And anyway, the no.2 uses Urien, now considered A tier too I think.
  • Not only are throws not broken in 3S they're underpowered enough that a lot of guys don't even bother to attempt to tech them.

I mean you don't want to catch one while Urien has a bar, but.
  • Wish I had locals to play 3S with. There's still plenty of people on Fightcade but it's never not been laggy for me.

Only footage I've ever found of Kuroda's hands, must some more out there surely

• Have linked fightcade to the mandem, I forgot it existed and a couple were bemoaning the lack of practice ops at home (not that I'm practicing at home, just lunchtime fights at work).

Didn't fare as well today, my rival's Urien getting more patient and clearly been practicing his setups, took a few games off my Chun but still couldn't handle my Kenneth. Plus I'm starting to parry the end of his block strings more consistently. Nice.

Game is so good.

• I'm probably not as good as it's sounding btw, there's only really me and my rival who are decent, the others know how to play and the ins and outs, but get steamrolled for the most. My rival is a gold or plat on V, is handy, played a lot of cvs2 and iv, so having him under the cosh is very satisfying.
  • Kuroda's playstyle is weird, seems like he uses just his index and thumb for buttons? I use index, middle, ring for punches, thumb for kicks, I think. Love seeing different playstyle. Iidx is great for that.
  • Untimely.

Dg63uR8VAAAbrpS.jpg

Arrested for sexual assault after entering into a relationship with a 16 year old and her mom called the popo is the summary. Legal age of consent in Japan being 18 fyi.

RIP Kuroda.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Isn't legal age of consent in Japan 13, and legalities vary based on age?

kdEwnPh.jpg

I mean, someone his age with a 16yo is still gross.
  • Yeah but also nah because its superseded by the local prefecture statutes, and most places are 16-18. Tokyo is 18, Kuroda y u do dis?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Aye figured that may be the case after I posted. I mean, 16 is age of consent over here so he wouldn't be doing owt illegal, but still, 30yo man (I think? My jp is suited to holiday level at best) with a 16yo girl is, as stated, pretty gross.

I'll get the article translated on Monday.
  • Ugh sigh.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Aye figured that may be the case after I posted. I mean, 16 is age of consent over here so he wouldn't be doing owt illegal, but still, 30yo man (I think? My jp is suited to holiday level at best) with a 16yo girl is, as stated, pretty gross. I'll get the article translated on Monday.

You can get google to translate the news piece easily enough... 
    Spoiler:
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • It's creepy when 30yo guys go for 16yo girls but then again; it is japan.
    School girl fetishes are quite common over there.

Over here as well but people tend to be sneakier about it.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I feel I should point out that kuroda has been dealing with mental health issues over the years, but that in no way is an excuse.
  • http://shoryuken.com/2018/07/09/rumors-street-fighter-vs-season-4-roster-may-include-c-viper-makoto-q-sodom-and-others-according-to-dasvergeben/

Been playing V a touch more at work lately, man I dislike the game more than I used to. Just seems so clunky and sluggish.
  • Also - for some reason I have it in my mind that the term 'umeshoryu' comes from Daigo's GG time, not from his SF - can anyone confirm this?
  • "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah I came across that when googling but swear down I've heard it's from GG. Oh well.
  • Decided to buy SoulCalibur II HD Online on PS3 over the weekend. Only €10.

I forgot just how good this game is.
  • Ayo I've got this evening spare on my psn trial, was gonna jump on some 3s if anyone fancies a few rounds? I should be on from about 8ish.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!