General Bear Knuckle
  • I don't enjoy playing SFV that much, but high level Street Fighter is a joy to watch in any version of the game.
  • Wow. Gotta go watch the SFV GF now.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Caught a bit this morning. Fair play Mr X.
  • Ryan Hart about to have the shortest Tekken 7 career ever after saying he was going back to it to compete a day before the Sagat reveal/launch. 

And ayo, Sagat may have tigers walking around with him these days, but neva 4get:

G having that Q looking costume is probably a sign we aren't getting ol' robo detective anytime soon. Hold on I'll go scrounge up the reveal trailers from all the games and post them. Make myself useful while I'm staving off sleep to reset my cycle later haha.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Okay so first up we got the Arcsys Arcrevo World Tour announced after GG (SIX BLACK HEAVENS GUNS HYPE):

Then we had Melee so there was nothing to announce, other than cross your fingers that Ultimate actually replaces the two separate games from next year (a man can dream), but Ninty did show this slide about a Smash Bros Direct:
    Smash-Bros-Direct_08-05-18.jpg

Then it was ya boiiiiii Harada on Stage before Tekken announcing Asty and Seong Mi-Na (I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS OUT IN OCTOBER!!!:

Then Harada had the gall to come back out after Tekken for a mic drop after telling fans all weekend on Twitter not to expect shit and shut up, enjoy the streams and eat a pizza:

Then it was DBFZ and they just straight up announced nothing other than thanks for playing, P.S. Toriyama says hello and here's Cooler:

And then it was SF time so Ono came on Stage coked off his tits, appeared to molest his blanka toy and brought out some cosplay guy to announce G and Sagat:

I think there were some other announcements for other stuff over the weekend that I missed, I think Terry Bogard got announced for both FEXL and SNK Heroines, and there were probably other things I missed/forgot, soz!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Sagat you say? Better dust off my stick.
  • It's still SFV, better not.
  • Hehe I don’t dislike it quite like you. Think I can still enjoy it.
  • I gave it more than enough chances! I want to like it, it's still an enjoyable watch, but it just ended up being too frustrating, plus Capcom ultra fuckry on side. 

In other news, here is the second best match of Evo after Problem X in GFs. 

• Gonna watch some Xrd in a bit.
  • Oh and here's THE match of the night!

(All of GG top 8 is worth a watch fo sho Elf, imo overall GG was the best of the top 8s of the night in terms of overall hype and quality in each match)
  • Street Fighter finals were enioyable I guess. I've never found the game as engaging to watch as earlier titles in the series. Fair play to Problem X! Didn't Som (or Nick?) play him at SvB all those years ago?

Logan Sama continuing to look like a fool at the end there. You'd think he'd know how to put his clothes on by now.
  • Yeah I was in pools with ISDD and Problem X! He wasn’t as good back then but that was 8 years ago. Lost to both (obv) but more so to ISDD than X. 

Agree Logan looked like a fool. He was also trying to get in with the celebration but looked like he was being ignored a bit!
  • Disappointed with Xrd GF. Winners Final was better I thought.
  • Yeah winners and losers finals were both great matches. Especially Lost Soul managing to go so far. I liked GFs though as it was cool to see the Evo champ go up against the Evo Japan champ. Although Omito is a B U L L Y with dat Johnny. Still better than last year now that we don't have to listen to BEAK DRIVER BEAK DRIVER BEAK DRIVER BEAK DRIVER BEAK DRIVER after Sin got his nerfs and Machabo switched over to Ky.
  • Watched the final, mega pumped for the UK mans win, loving it (y)

Used to work at Sega when Ryan Heart was there and he was a legend amongst us fightmans QA proles, pinned all my hopes on that boy for a long time and love him still, so happy to see him celebrating; he seems genuinely happy for a UK mans win.

Logan is a fucking tool of the highest order. He sounds like a proper thicko in all his commentary, then you see his tweet history. Yep.
  • Watched the whole Tokido/X now. Proper tense footsies all the way, affording some preposterously fine reads.
  • YESSSSSSssssss. One of the best things about DBFZ.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Back on the strongest style switching between Tekken and sfv on PS4. Doing well too
  • You playing SFV? We should spar. I’m checking out my man Sagat, will buy G with FM as soon as I can afford him (a week or so should do it).
  • No?

@Roujin we should do some Xrd some time. You still play? It’s been too long bruh
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So I've been trying out G today. Yeah, I need to get back into sparring. It's been a bit of a rocky road back and I need to stop reverting to Ken when things go bad.
  • G looks good. Quite quirky and I love the character design.

Don’t think I have you on my FL. Add me when you get a mo, or I’ll add you.
  • G looks far too Jo Jo's Bizarre for me. In fact the whole 'humour' that's prevalent now in the series is something which puts me off it. I don't want to see Bison with a bowl of noodles on his head.

Likewise all the alt costumes, they're shite imo.

Grumble grumble, shakes fist at cloud etc
  • Noodles on head and costumes do annoy me too. But I’m all for slightly odd characters.
  • Oh deffo, I mean, I like 3s and a colleague here hates it because the characters are too weird and not SF, apparently. I don't mind G for other games, as such, he just doesn't seem very SF to me.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    No?

@Roujin we should do some Xrd some time. You still play? It’s been too long bruh

I'll always play some GG if people are up for it, just let me know when is good and I'm there.

Also rip Q my sweet prince, Capcom y u do dis?
  • Qs whole thing was that he has no backstory or anything, he's an enigma. Yeah let's expand on that and explain him. Great.

Fucking lame.
  • As an Abe Lincoln cosplayer no less. I mean, why!?!? Just have G be his own thing!? Madness.
  • Capcom reuse assets and animations before. Or are they saying G is actually Q / vise versa?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!