Wii and Wii U
  • Fucking Pikmin 2 update on wii? The wii isn't floundering, it dead and everybody be knowin' that. This be the most cynical barrell scrapping, udder squeezing "fuck you give yo money before i ax fo mo" move Ninty have pulled in a while. You're pushing me baby!...I'll probably still get it.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/14/pikmin-2-for-wii-gets-a-release-date
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It came out over here in 2009, it's out of print now. It's only coming out in America to prep them for Pikmin 3 when the Wii U launches.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Is this thing out this year then? Loads of mainstream ports being 'confirmed' by Blockbuster then?? Havent heard hardly a thing from Nintendo.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yeah, end of this year. They'll go on and on and on about it at E3.
  • Wii u needs to distance itself as much as possible from Wii and this 'fire sale' is fucking up the waters. New concept, fresh start, reinvention not retread.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'm pretty excited about Pikmin 2. I never got around to playing any of the Pikmins, but I've heard good things, and a Wii-ized version sounds mint.

Plus, I'm not sure how much more different the Wii U could be from the Wii. The latter is a wand, the former a pad with a screen, turning your TV into a giant DS. They've already announced a fair few "hardcore" games for the system, so they're trying to avoid the mini-game compilation shovelware hell of the Wii. I don't see what else Nintendo can really do. You've also got to remember that while the Wii has fallen from favour recently (despite excellent titles like Xenoblade et al.,) there was a point when it was straddling the planet like a behemoth. Nintendo would be foolish to try and distance themselves too far from something with so much brand recognition.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    I don't see what else Nintendo can really do.

Remove 'Wii' from the name, make the box not look like a chamfered Wii.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I played Pikmin on the GC and stopped after about 8 levels when I realised every one was exactly the same and there was virtually no strategy to any of them.

Nice idea/mechanic but needed an actual game attached to it. Maybe Pikmin 2 rectifies this. Dunno.
  • Perhaps not the game for you then, but I found it had great subtlety and strategic depth, especially if you were trying to complete the game without losing any pikmin and even more so if you were trying to do so with a 9 day deadline (or 8 in the case of Pikmin 2).  That, and it had bundles of charm to boot.

Re-releasing Pikmin 2 now is a very sound decision which should help gather momentum for the launch of Wii U Pikmin, which I'm sure will be an excellent game.  All will become clear soon enough at E3 though.
  • I dunno, I'm just not excited about it. I used to be so pro-ninty as well. 

I no longer think that something that doesn't deliver on graphics is acceptable, seeing as the same argument has been used now since the GameCube. 

Its not like they couldn't deliver Wii Sports on the 360 and still maintain the cuteness of the brand.

Other than that I'm at a loss.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Not to be dismissive but I havent seen anything on this that really stokes my fires. To be honest, I just want good games that keep me immersed. Its been several years since touch screens and waggling shook up the gaming world and I still havent played anything with those mechanics that grabbed me.

I have realised I am the problem in this scenario. As an old dog, I dislike the new fangled tricks, with their waggling and touching and so on and so forth.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Not to be dismissive but I havent seen anything on this that really stokes my fires. To be honest, I just want good games that keep me immersed. Its been several years since touch screens and waggling shook up the gaming world and I still havent played anything with those mechanics that grabbed me. I have realised I am the problem in this scenario. As an old dog, I dislike the new fangled tricks, with their waggling and touching and so on and so forth.

And the Ball needs to be more colorful and Ninty does rubbish biscuits.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I understand Red, while the waggle mini game stuff is fun for a while when applied to a full on adventure game it is just a pain more than anything. I mean could you imagine playing Skyrim if you had to wave your arms about!!!!
  • The Balls do need more colour and they should be bigger as well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I understand Red, while the waggle mini game stuff is fun for a while when applied to a full on adventure game it is just a pain more than anything. I mean could you imagine playing Skyrim if you had to wave your arms about!!!!

I would be waving skyrim goodbye and playing something else.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    The Balls do need more colour and they should be bigger as well.

and squeak. gotta have squeakers.
  • Oh yeah. Now we're barking!
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Oh yeah. Now we're barking!

Wags tail like a ...well a ... dog.
    It works very well in Skyward Sword. One of the better aspects of it in fact.

Not that I've found waggle very useful in most cases, just a few examples where the game design works well around it. The pointer capability of the Wii remote is probably its most genuinely handy feature.
  • Goddamn, looking at that list tells me Wii U's third party support is gonna suck ass again. Quelle surprise.
  • Well with the wiimote support it looks like they're not going to distance it too much, although that may be no bad thing. All those people buying the Wii that never gamed before might not even make the connection without "Wii" being used, and just dismiss it as a normal console.

Okami would actually be great on the Wii U, wouldn't mind playing that.

Ninty have been very quiet about the Wii U, but I guess it will all kick off at E3 yeah.

What would catch my interest is something that genuinely makes good use of the controller other than Zelda, which there'll be a massive wait for, and that isn't a mini/party game. I mean, Wii shovelware aside, a good wario ware etc. on the Wii U will be entertaining, but if Nintendo are actually serious about moving the medium forward rather than just bringing non gamers into the fold, then I'd like to see the control scheme used to add depth.

Best thing I can think of at the moment is something like Total War, or another strategy game, where you can plan attacks, large troop movements etc on the screen, and use it for secret messages/diplomacy with other players. And then have real time action take place on the telly. That would require multiple Wii U controller support though.
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    We host a number of bears and badgers, get in touch if want a website too!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    use it for secret messages/diplomacy with other players
    Wii U still only supports one screened controller doesn't it? Unless that's changed.
  • All I have seen of the screen so far is it doing stuff that can already be done but in a slightly different way.
    Yeah it is cool to have an inventory on another screen or hold it up for Batman's detective stuff but that isn't revolutionary.
    The launch line up so far from Ninty is O.K but there is nothing there that is a console seller really.

It's all just a bit meh at the mo. E3 will be the big showcase so I'm expecting atleast one of Mario, Zelda, F Zero, Smash Bros, Mario kart or Starfox to help sell this thing.
  • It seriously needs the next installments of GTA, COD, Bioshock and Tomb Raider if Nintendo seriously expect to market it as a console for the hardcore.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Remember when Nintendo made new IP?

Apart from maybe Smash Bros there's people here that won't remember or even been alive when the original versions of those came out.
  • Doesn't mean I don't want a new F zero though.

They should rename it the 'F Zero box' and have F zero pre-installed alex Kidd style, then no way of adding anything but more F zero, then mkae it so 3D, HD high spec that it melts your eyes and causes a fit after 20 minutes of play.

I'd buy that.
  • Choke wrote:
    It seriously needs the next installments of GTA, COD, Bioshock and Tomb Raider if Nintendo seriously expect to market it as a console for the hardcore.
    Who said that they do?  The Wii managed to be astonishingly successful without ever appealing to the so-called 'hardcore'.  In fact, the secret of its success was its appeal to a market which was anything but.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Who said that they do?

Nintendo themselves have said it explicitly.
  • grand theft auto - f zero edition.

well, i`d buy it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • 1 sale then.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!