Wii and Wii U
  • That video is a bit long he could have done with a bit of editing tbh!
    If it works I can pretty much get rid of my US GameCube and US Wii.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Re paper Mario -

I played through to the end and I really disliked it. It becomes more and more fiddly.
  • There was one battle towards the end (at a circus) where you had to puzzle out the fight. It made me annoyed the game was full of crap fights when a game built around puzzle fights would have been way better.

The last fight is a complete pain in the ass.

I did finish it though so it must have had something good in it. Maybe the story and chat.
  • some of the chat is quality but it's outweighed with crap. 99% of the fights can be done against normal enemies can be done with hammers. 

That Ro-Sham-Bo thing has also just given me about 10k of coins. It's a broken game in many ways.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I was listening to the Giant Bombcast and they mentioned that BNIB WiiU consoles are going for $600 at present. So I took a wee look on eBay here, and right enough, there's brand new WiiUs going at £450. A brand new Wind Waker WiiU was at £1000+ ...
    I guess when no one buys and the re releases on Switch are drawing attention to the titles, and when a full collection is entirely doable (140 boxed games?) That's collector kryptonite. Games are also starting to creep up. And if you want a laugh, look at the price of a Gamepad battery extender thing.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    oh no I'm going to regret selling botw wii u
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I have one. and gcn component cables.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Man those folks really want to play Nintendo land.
  • So they should. Balloon Trip is ace.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I was looking at picking up a second unit as it's seems to be the perfect console to mod & I wanted a back unit anyway.

Free time, drive & money have stopped me, and now it seems I may of played myself by waiting.

Nintendoland 2 for the Switch would make my year but without the second screen shenanigans, I'm not sure a sequel would really cut it. :(
  • Hey man, give me a 20hr Donkey Kong Trolley game and I’m golden.
  • Hey man, give me a 20hr Donkey Kong Trolley game and I’m golden.

What about a jet barrel game?
  • I hear you, trust, and tbf some of the multiplayer games will work with 4players. Just for me the biggest laughs & gaming magic came from that pad/5th player.

Whilst Mario Chase and Luigis Mansion were family favourites, I think the game we enjoyed the most as a family was the Metroid battle stuff. Games got so cagey & tight as we got more proficient with the mechanics and controls.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My dad's favourite non Civ game of the past 10 years is Mario Chase. He FUCKIN LOVES IT
  • Mario Chase is the only game I can get the whole family playing, it's brilliant. Shame Nintendo didn't do a few more courses for it, I would have paid extra
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mario Chase is a reskinned Pacman Vs?  It used the GBA link cable and had 3 vs 1.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't really care what it is, my dad adored it and the gamepad screen made it perfect.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    In Pacman Vs you take turns as Pacman with the other 3 players acting as ghosts trying to catch him. The players controlling the ghosts use the TV and each have a restricted view of the maze in split screen. The player controlling pacman has the GBA and sees the whole maze.

If you are the ghost to catch pacman it's your turn to be him.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I know what Vs pacman is and had played it but mario chase was more freeform
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    oh - sounds interesting. Nintendoland and MK8 were the only reasons I would have bought a Wii U so I ended up passing on it.
  • The Luigi Mansion game on Nintendoland was also similar to the pac man vs, only with a smaller map and a hunter-hunted mechanic that changed mid-match depending on human teamwork/isolation or the ghost's health and getting cornered.
  • Had a look at them batteries.
    I bought mine Feb 2017 for a shade over £20. Sold eBay listing are about £35 boxed, new, official.

So some gain there but they were less than what I paid not too long ago. So on the up.

Others I looked up. TP:HD big box is about up to rrp again, that's a good sign.
    Mega Yarn Yoshi is also up to rrp at about £30, very good given it was available very cheap, I think I paid less than a tenner.

Second hand consoles are still available under a ton so if you want in now is definitely the time. Lots of listing with a bunch of trash and a gem or two that are worth picking up.

Pikachu Pokken controllers are cheap. Get on them. They have collector appeal beyond WiiU.

• Out of curiosity, I just looked on eBay and during November/December a new Wii U was going for between £145 and £400. There are ones priced much higher, sure - there always are, but nobody's buying them.
  • Always look at sold items. Mainly sold auction.
    The rest is flattery.

Sold buy it now can and will be people with second accounts.
  • What's funny is the odd £30 buy it now ones that somebody actually bought.
  • Why would someone buy a sealed one though? I'm sure a sealed Mega Drive or Playstation would be expensive too.

Unless your some sort of curator aren't you gonna open it and actually play the bloody thing? Just get a second hand one, they're not that expensive even with a bunch of games.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • An investment.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I wonder how many collectors own resealed boxes with nothing in them (or blank discs etc).
  • I think with Wii U hardware there is an idea out there that because it failed there should be tons of the things kicking around warehouses, so sealed consoles should be cheap.

The reality is Nintendo never made enough for that to happen, stores didn't order them in enough quantities.

You would probably be more likely to find a sealed PlayStation 3 or 360 because of the quantities made.
  • Why would someone buy a sealed one though?

To be sure the one you get doesn't have any annoying scratches on the screen or anything, that the battery is still good and that none of the buttons/sticks have been worn out. If I saw a sealed one for £80, I'd might well buy it, but wouldn't even consider a second hand one for the same price.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!