Wii and Wii U
  • An investment.
    AJ wrote:
    Why would someone buy a sealed one though?

To be sure the one you get doesn't have any annoying scratches on the screen or anything, that the battery is still good and that none of the buttons/sticks have been worn out. If I saw a sealed one for £80, I'd might well buy it, but wouldn't even consider a second hand one for the same price.

That's my point though, that ships sailed.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Depends how large your disposable income is.
  • Trying to think back to how low in price the WiiU went.
    I think I remember the white ones going for £100 -£120 at one point.

The black ones never went below £150.

According to wiki 13.56mil units shipped. Less than 15% of what the Wii sold.
    There aren't many out there really.
  • Another awesome thing about the Nintendo land games was the gamepad recorded your face while you played.
  • AJ wrote:
    Depends how large your disposable income is.

What are we talking about here though? Buying a sealed one for £400 in the hope of making money in the future?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Another awesome thing about the Nintendo land games was the gamepad recorded your face while you played.

I love playing Mario Chase with the boy. It's better than a 1000 school photographs.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • AJ wrote:
    Depends how large your disposable income is.

What are we talking about here though? Buying a sealed one for £400 in the hope of making money in the future?

No, buying a sealed one for £180 so you can be sure it's in good nick.
  • Sorry I must have misread a post on the last page. I didn't realise they were that cheap.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Aye, the only one I see that went for £400 sealed was the special edition Wind Waker one and that was hopefully to a collector.

Still, I wouldn't think it unreasonable for somebody well off to spend £300 on a nice mint one for themselves to play on.
  • Here's a thing.
    WiiU is the best console for Zelda fans.

BotW is only narrowly improved on Switch, the WiiU version isn't a downgrade like cross genre games elsewhere.

TP:HD
    Personally I think this is one of the most underrated Zelda games. If you want an Ocarina follow up this is it. No waggle play here either and the muddy textures are nicely cleaned up by the HD upgrade.
    Having the menu on the screen is a godsend. Motion aiming isn't great but can be switched off.
    The scope of this game is massive.

WW:HD
    One of the most unique entries and it benefits massively in this upgrade. The visuals are super crisp, adding to that feeling of playing a Disney movie.
    The changes like the fast sail and the cut down triforce quest plug gaps. Would be nice if they added the missing dungeon but whatevs.

Skyward Sword is BC and with a HDMI connection it is easier for your average gamer to see it at it's best.

Hyrule Warriors
    Not a true Zelda but a great library and a fun game.

Virtual Console has Ocarina and MM, shame they weren't the 3DS versions but still look excellent.

Other VC titles...
    The Legend of Zelda
    The Adventure of Link
    Zelda
    Minish Cap
    Phantom Hourglass
    Spirit Tracks

Oh and iirc it is the only home console to have a Zelda special edition. Even if it is a bit weak.
  • Agree with TP being massively underrated. I was late to play it but felt it basically ticked every post-ocarina box it could. Would happily play again.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I hundo'd it on WiiU before BOTW and the dungeons are really quite great. The overall aesthetic is not one I'm particularly enamoured with and the two trials were a slog, but Agatha made up for that.
  • I quite liked the tron/matrix feel of the dark world. It was pretty good actually on a technical level but I can’t quite remember anything making me go as “wow” as the final dungeon in Skyward Sword (was this the one with the resident evil mansion - the spinner boss was also good)
  • TP is on of my favs fo'sho.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I quite liked the tron/matrix feel of the dark world. It was pretty good actually on a technical level but I can’t quite remember anything making me go as “wow” as the final dungeon in Skyward Sword (was this the one with the resident evil mansion - the spinner boss was also good)

If by resident evil mansion you mean stew town then yes.
  • I love TP.  WW not so much.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I quite liked the tron/matrix feel of the dark world. It was pretty good actually on a technical level but I can’t quite remember anything making me go as “wow” as the final dungeon in Skyward Sword (was this the one with the resident evil mansion - the spinner boss was also good)

If by resident evil mansion you mean stew town then yes.

Man with this and Mario odyssey I wonder if the devs take inspiration from the highlight of a day being a trip to the cup a soup machine.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I love TP.  WW not so much.

Wind Waker is genius. Put shit loads of nothing in a game with a whoosh sound and sell that nonsense as a “sense of freedom”.
  • In fairness, every square on the map has something to do in it.
  • I think that doesn’t help at all. It’s like a crap version of mine sweeper where you a)know something will exist in each square and b) you have to spend five minutes between clicks.

In breath of the wild, which actually feels like an exploring/freedom game, the act of discovery and finding was nowhere near as mechanical and robotic.
  • Completely with crayon here. WW was decent enough in terms of dungeons (some great bosses too) and superb visually, but the all aspects of seafaring were extremely dull.
  • Man holding the Wii u pad and it’s way nicer to hold than the switch as a handheld. Obviously this is much easier as there’s less in there and they’re trying to do less fancy shit with the controllers so you can see why but it’s quite a surprise still.
  • I found the opposite.
    Do a 4 hour smash sesh and report back.
  • Not that handheld switch is perfect.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Apparently a console exclusive game about smashing chairs or something with proper Gamepad functionality came out on this today.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Crazy.
    The console hasn't even been released yet.
  • Is it on disc?
    If it is I'm in.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've booted my wiiu up fur the first time in about a year.

Turns out I bought Tropical Freeze, something I have no recollection of (to the extent that I've nearly bought it in the intervening period). So that's exciting.

Now to decide whether to snap up the BotW & confirm I don't already own Luigi...
  • You’re hesitating on getting BotW?!

Moron status confirmed.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!