Wii and Wii U
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Hold a 360 controller. Note how it rests in your palms and is held using your little and ring fingers. Note how your middle, index and thumbs have complete freedom to move around the sticks/buttons without actually holding the controller. I just don't see that being possible with this tablet thing.

Nintendo booth babe >>>> Mod confirmed

Believe!
  • Its a fat fucker aint it.
  • Actually it doesn't look very comfortable after all.
  • I guess that wraps that up then. Still, even if the controller was made out of barbed wire and could only be held by clamping it to your balls, I'd still bare with it if it was the only way to play Mario Galaxy 3.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Also not sure how up to date you guys are re digital distribution, but during one of their Nintendo Direct events (& a shareholders meeting) they confirmed that wii U will have an account based system and New Super Mario Bros 2 on 3DS will be available as a digital download on release day alongside the retail release (it comes out in August).
    Believe!
  • That's good news, Shyam. I'm guessing there's no way to transfer my current Wii downloads to the account though...
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Looks fairly comfy.

Shyam - yeah, that was what I was referring to when I said it's odd if there's only 8GB of memory.
  • Glad there's no HDD. There's no need for one, I hate them. Unreliable, noisy, bulky.

64gb fast SD card is, what, £30 or something?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So let's say £249 + £33 + 3 games @ £40 = £400 or there abouts.

I can manage that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Guessing with the delay, Aliens is now not a launch title? If so, my choices will be Mario Mii, Pikmin and Rayman.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Looks fairly comfy. Shyam - yeah, that was what I was referring to when I said it's odd if there's only 8GB of memory.

Yeah it's 8GB built in, but it's expandable by both SD cards and hdd.

@Mouldywarp

No news on the ability to transfer yet (they did allow DSi > 3DS transfer though, so who knows).
    Believe!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    It will not be £250

Try £350
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm not convinced that they'd go out of their way to overprice, the 3DS should have thought them that people aren't really looking to throw their money around right now.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't think you'll even see MS or Sony trying to price their machines at £350.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    There's a world of difference between a 3DS and the new under the TV HD Mario box from Nintendo. That fancy controller isn't going to be cheap even if the box is a tarted up Wii.

I don't think they (or anyone else) could move away from the "sell it dear to the early adopters then cheap to everyone else" model even if they wanted to.
  • I think they'll be afraid to move too far away from the Wii launch price. Apart from the controller, this looks a lot like a Wii re-run, aimed at the same market.
  • Wii was £179, right?  With Wii Sports.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Depends, I think we can all agree by now the Wii was a Gamecube dressed as lamb.

WiiU doesn't strike me as a Wii with a new controller.

We'll see, but they're already taking a hammering on exchange rates, cut the price too much and they'll be selling at a loss, which is going to take some getting past the board.
  • What would a 360 with some more RAM cost?

I'm pretty sure they won't sell at a loss, but the economy and the PS3 launch means that no one will be bullish with their new machine.
  • 360 sells for £130.
    Shit 7 inch tablets sell for £50.

Don't see this being too much more.
  • Oh boy I can't wait to explain this console to people on a daily basis.
  • Dont think that controller looks too tricky to hold but wouldn't a psp size make more sense? Personally, with the size being what it is I think I would prefer bigger face buttons.
    SFV - reddave360
  • There are development costs to consider as well. The 360 would have paid these off when it was still around the £250 mark.

I really think it will be £250 with a Wii sports type title and the screeny controller, don't think you will get a Wiimote with it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I was saying before G that it seems too good to be true, but I think my voice was too boring.

JonB wrote:
    Actually it doesn't look very comfortable after all.

The 'triggers' are too far from the 'bumpers', and they're overly recessed height-wise on their shelf. Not much ergonomic contouring to speak of, neither.

PSP, Dave, yes.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Shyam39 wrote:
    Nintendo booth babe >>>> Mod confirmed

Looks perfectly comfortable to me. The proof of the pudding will be in the tasting, of course, but I'm not worried. My brother used to play PSO with this:

gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg

and never once complained about comfort.

Hey, just dawned on me, the central screen would make a great soft keyboard for stuff like Monster Hunter et al. C'mon SEGA, give the Wii U a port of Phantasy Star Online 2. Ya know ya wanna.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The one thing the Wii U will be perfect for with that controller is MMOs.  If the other two don't follow suit with screens in their controllers it could be a huge selling point for the U if developers like Blizzard start porting over their MMOs.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    The one thing the Wii U will be perfect for with that controller is MMOs.  If the other two don't follow suit with screens in their controllers it could be a huge selling point for the U if developers like Blizzard start porting over their MMOs.

Microsoft and Sony could offer integration with phones, Vitas and whatnot, although it wouldn't quite be the same as having something come with the console.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The PS3 has been keyboard and mouse compatible for its entire life. Controls aren't the barrier, platform holders wanting a cut seems much more important.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    The PS3 has been keyboard and mouse compatible for its entire life. Controls aren't the barrier, platform holders wanting a cut seems much more important.

They are to me.  Mouse and keyboard on the sofa?  No thanks.  Ninty's controller seems like the perfect fit, though.  Movement on the sticks and as many customised buttons mapped to the screen as the game requires.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!